Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Nashville bike week

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 02:24 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by Volfan615
For some reason I smell a rat. The email for information is a Gmail address, The domain name registrar is hidden and the guy promoting it on Facebook just started posting on December 13 but has 1500 friends. Guess we will see but I certainly will not be giving this guy any of my money until it happens.
I agree something just doesn't seem quite kosher about this. Next year if they announce the bands I will gladly show up in 2017 and pay $350 at the gate versus sending $150 to a complete unknown. Hope it is legit and they can build a great rally in Tenn. We need one! Monteagle had a lot of promise in the beginning but now the acts are on the low end and I'm not sure if it will even continue. I guess a call up to Loretta Lynn's might verify a few things.

Old 01-01-2016, 06:22 AM
UDAMAN
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tnriverluver
There are plenty of roads in middle Tn that nearly rival those in the Mountains. Just have to know where to go!
I've lived in TN for almost 40 years. I've been on a bike almost that whole time. Your post makes me think I don't know where to ride. Please share! Where are you thinking for me and maybe others that are unaware.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Old 01-01-2016, 07:11 AM
Daytona Fat Boy
Road Warrior
Received 187 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Volfan615
For some reason I smell a rat. The email for information is a Gmail address, The domain name registrar is hidden and the guy promoting it on Facebook just started posting on December 13 but has 1500 friends. Guess we will see but I certainly will not be giving this guy any of my money until it happens.

I agree, this doesn't feel right. They have some sponsors listed on the site, but I have to wonder why Smokey Mountain H-D, 4 hours away, would be a major sponsor. A lot of dealers in Northern and Central FL play off of Daytona Bike Week and Biketoberfest (both larger events), but none are official sponsors and all are around an hour away. If an event is worth $350, why discount it $200 for advance sales, unless you need, or just want, the cash. And its a year and 9 months away. Try finding your refund when the event doesn't happen.

I think I'll create an event down here in my backyard in May of 2020. Will have The Stones, a Led Zep reunion, Aerosmith, a George Strait comeback concert, & a special appearance by Delbert McClinton. Includes camping, food, booze & drugs. $500 per person at the door. Buy now for $25. Send cash. Just feelin' sarcastic on the 1st day of '16 I guess.

Old 01-01-2016, 08:59 AM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by UDAMAN
I've lived in TN for almost 40 years. I've been on a bike almost that whole time. Your post makes me think I don't know where to ride. Please share! Where are you thinking for me and maybe others that are unaware.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Go buy a Tenn Topo map. It will show you all the great curvy backroads! There are many very very tight twisties all around the river area. Try hwy 128 between Linden and Clifton as a start. Another is Hwy 232 across from Paris Landing. Make the big loop back up to Dover. There are literally hundreds if not thousands if you know the backroads and stay off the hwys. Even hwy 13 that goes by Loretta Lynns is a good road in itself pretty much from end to end.

Last edited by tnriverluver; 01-01-2016 at 09:07 AM.
Old 01-01-2016, 09:31 AM
UDAMAN
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tnriverluver
Go buy a Tenn Topo map. It will show you all the great curvy backroads! There are many very very tight twisties all around the river area. Try hwy 128 between Linden and Clifton as a start. Another is Hwy 232 across from Paris Landing. Make the big loop back up to Dover. There are literally hundreds if not thousands if you know the backroads and stay off the hwys. Even hwy 13 that goes by Loretta Lynns is a good road in itself pretty much from end to end.
Thank you I will get the map ASAP.

Old 01-01-2016, 12:59 PM
bwana1
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytona Fat Boy
I agree, this doesn't feel right. They have some sponsors listed on the site, but I have to wonder why Smokey Mountain H-D, 4 hours away, would be a major sponsor. A lot of dealers in Northern and Central FL play off of Daytona Bike Week and Biketoberfest (both larger events), but none are official sponsors and all are around an hour away. If an event is worth $350, why discount it $200 for advance sales, unless you need, or just want, the cash. And its a year and 9 months away. Try finding your refund when the event doesn't happen.

I think I'll create an event down here in my backyard in May of 2020. Will have The Stones, a Led Zep reunion, Aerosmith, a George Strait comeback concert, & a special appearance by Delbert McClinton. Includes camping, food, booze & drugs. $500 per person at the door. Buy now for $25. Send cash. Just feelin' sarcastic on the 1st day of '16 I guess.

What he said. As far as music/entertainment, there are at least 50 live venues in the Nashville area nightly, charging "0" to $15-20. Like the song says, "Some of the best guitar players in the world are delivering pizza in Nashville, TN". The $150, 21 months in advance, has a bad smell. I doubt the band list will be available for at least another year, and then chances are, the majority will be right out of Nashville.

Old 01-01-2016, 04:08 PM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 893 Likes on 513 Posts
Default Nashville bike week

It appears that nobody has told the folks over at Loretta Lynn's Ranch!

Last edited by From_Behind; 01-01-2016 at 06:57 PM.
Old 01-01-2016, 06:39 PM
ZenGlide
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

From the looks of this website, it's still in the planning stages at 21 months out. I'll play wait and see on this one.

https://www.bikerornot.com/Event/118193

Old 01-04-2016, 05:14 PM
LQQK_OUT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,565 Likes on 1,083 Posts

Bag Lady Sue's website lists this event on her schedule/tour webpage.

http://www.bagladysue.com/BagLadySue/Schedule_Tour.html

Old 01-04-2016, 05:23 PM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by LQQK_OUT
Bag Lady Sue's website lists this event on her schedule/tour webpage.

http://www.bagladysue.com/BagLadySue/Schedule_Tour.html
Since the Loretta Lynn page has no listings I think it just hasn't been updated yet. They always have several large motorcross/enduro type racing events there just about every year.

Quick Reply: Nashville bike week