Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Pre Fall SE Ride

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 11:34 PM
cowboy Harry
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Pre Fall SE Ride

The bent fork bike fest is also going on at this time in Knoxville Tn. 29,30SEP 1OCT.[8D]

Old 09-23-2006, 08:30 PM
Wolhar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Who's up for a Sunday ride tomorrow 9-24-06?

Old 09-24-2006, 10:08 AM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 6 Posts

Tell me where you are...I might could meet you for lunch...

Mac

Old 09-24-2006, 11:41 AM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I have changed my plans since it looks like there's going to be a spread of rides for riders from here going on that month and getting together as a bigger group is pretty much out the window.

I'm still planning on doing the Cherohala on the 14th of Oct. unless something drastic comes up or the weather is just terrible. I will go to Tellico Plains first.

I'm riding Cherohala, on to visit Deals Gap and see how many hot rodders (crotch rockets) and then 28 on to Robinsville and return home from there because of the crowed conditions, if the weather looks really good for Sunday too and we could find a room in Robinsville or Cherokee we would spend the night there and go to Maggie Valley on Sunday visit the Museum and then return home.

If you want to meet me and TM up there at Tellico Plains please do. There's a convenience store very near the turn off to start the Cherohala (junction 68/165) at Tellico Plains, you can't miss it, it's the one that all the bikes usually gas up at. I feel like 9:00 a.m. meet & greet and stands up at 9:30 and that's central time or 10:00 a.m. eastern time so there's no confusion on that. If you would like to meet up at Deals Gap look for an ugly old dude on a purple 02 SE RK to show up. If I can I'll park very near the tree of shame.

That's my plans and I'm sticking to them.

If you are interested please PM me so I will know to expect you and I will PM you my cell number.

Old 09-24-2006, 03:56 PM
Wolhar
Banned

John I plan to be there if this Construction Project at work alows me to. As we get closer to the 14th I'll know for sure. I want to stay the night Saturday. It is a little much to do in a day, and get to see the sights. The Construction is a little behind schedule and I have had to work Saturdays to try and get them to catch back up. Like I said we can stay on top of this and as the date draws closer,we can firm up the meeting plans. Wheres that Mascot when ya need it! hahahahahaha
ORIGINAL: John TN

I have changed my plans since it looks like there's going to be a spread of rides for riders from here going on that month and getting together as a bigger group is pretty much out the window.

I'm still planning on doing the Cherohala on the 14th of Oct. unless something drastic comes up or the weather is just terrible. I will go to Tellico Plains first.

I'm riding Cherohala, on to visit Deals Gap and see how many hot rodders (crotch rockets) and then 28 on to Robinsville and return home from there because of the crowed conditions, if the weather looks really good for Sunday too and we could find a room in Robinsville or Cherokee we would spend the night there and go to Maggie Valley on Sunday visit the Museum and then return home.

If you want to meet me and TM up there at Tellico Plains please do. There's a convenience store very near the turn off to start the Cherohala (junction 68/165) at Tellico Plains, you can't miss it, it's the one that all the bikes usually gas up at. I feel like 9:00 a.m. meet & greet and stands up at 9:30 and that's central time or 10:00 a.m. eastern time so there's no confusion on that. If you would like to meet up at Deals Gap look for an ugly old dude on a purple 02 SE RK to show up. If I can I'll park very near the tree of shame.

That's my plans and I'm sticking to them.

If you are interested please PM me so I will know to expect you and I will PM you my cell number.

Old 09-24-2006, 05:48 PM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 6 Posts

Lunch obviously didn't happen today...maybe some other weekend...

Mac

Old 09-25-2006, 10:12 PM
Hackd
Elite HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 76 Posts

Sent ya a PM....

Old 09-25-2006, 10:59 PM
Wolhar
Banned

Sorry MAc, saw it to late. Sure would be my pleasure to buy ya lunch. Drop down to New River and give Matt a shout out, he is wannahdawg here.
ORIGINAL: pilot1996

Lunch obviously didn't happen today...maybe some other weekend...

Mac

Old 09-25-2006, 11:01 PM
Wolhar
Banned

If it was for me, I didn't get it Bro!
ORIGINAL: Hackd

Sent ya a PM....

Old 09-26-2006, 11:26 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

****** if you are able to go where would you want to meet us? Don't know if you have ever ridden the Cherohala Skyway but it's a very nice ride with the sweeper curves and a few sneaky ones too. Beautiful senic country too kinda like the stretch of BRP from Cherokee to Ashville.Cherohala Skyway web-site

If you look at the history of the skyway, my uncle was a wagon master on many of those rides.

Quick Reply: Pre Fall SE Ride