Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

Republic of Texas Rally tix on sale Nov 11th

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 07:06 PM
benscratchin
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,272 Likes on 3,453 Posts

Originally Posted by gambueller1

So from what I am seeing it looks like the only gig they got booked is ZZ Top?

I went in 2010 for the day and ended up hooking up with a buddy and some friends who let me stay at their room downtown. Riding to and from the fair grounds is cool, but at night there are too many folks that have been drinking on the road, so I always felt if I was to go again, I would stay at the grounds.

I went in 15 and saw Lynyrd Skynyrd. A buddy of mine pulled a 30 foot trailer hitch and we spent the week. The guys I was with were all members of the Combat Veterans club, so I spent most of my time with those dudes. It was ok (from what I can remember). Since we had a spot to sleep on the grounds we didn't ride much, too much drinking and riding going on for me. The drinking I did not involve me getting on the bike.

Had a blast both times, would do it again, but only if I was staying on the grounds and in a trailer, not into sleeping in a tent out there.
I may consider going this year, we'll just have to see.
This year the ROT Rally website says they'll have two band stages and 30 bands. There are several really goods bands scheduled to appear. Other than ZZ Top I'm a bit unsure how the other two Headliners were chosen. Thursday Night Headliner is "Hairball". Friday night Headliner is "Shooter Jennings". Saturday Night Headliner "ZZ Top". Here's a link to the Music Line up (the Headliners are not listed here):

https://www.rotrally.com/2017musicschedule

Here's a link to the ROT Homepage:

https://www.rotrally.com/

Last edited by benscratchin; 02-26-2018 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Typo