Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

Looking for Texas ride info

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 03:02 AM
DUBLAA
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Looking for Texas ride info

Great vidieo Harley Rulz, Looks like fun to me!

Sundaymorning2/3 Iplan onriding from SA to Blanco then 32/12 towhat I believe to be Devils Backbonethen over to Slatter and down River Road to NB. I tried to attach a map? A short ride, but I do have to make a showing in NB by about 3:00pm

Monday, the plan is the Three Sisters ride Texas Ranger suggested starting from NB

Tuesday, The west side of the hill country, TR's route again

Wednesday, no plan yet
Thursday, back to SA from where ever I end up on Wednesday
If anyone wants tomeet up on for a ride, shoot me an email with your phone number and I willgive you a call on my dime.
Thanks everyone for all your help, AAron

Old 01-08-2008, 07:10 AM
Bishop73
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I may be able to ride with you on Sunday, but it is Super Bowl Sunday and I'm having friends from out of town over so......maybe that run will be quick enough. Perhaps I'll take Monday off, I've got some comp time saved.

Old 01-10-2008, 01:03 PM
pablo pelon
Cruiser

I wish I could be there,but I won't be up that way till 1st weekend in April .When you're in Lukenback(sp) get the directions to I-10 via Old Tunnel Rd. What I would recommend is to go online to RideTexas.com and order the ride book advertised on the right side of the home page.I think it's also called Ride Texas it can't be beat when it comes to riding the Hill country.You can also find it in some book stores but I doubt you will in WA.I live in Galveston and second everyone vote to stay in the hills.

Old 01-10-2008, 01:56 PM
mikedetejas
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be sure you stop at the Devils Backbone Tavern on FM 32 outside Fischer.

Old 01-10-2008, 02:23 PM
DeJavu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You guys are eating my heart out. Am in the process of stripping the ol' Evo chopper down to the frame. Needs some straightening(by American Heliarc, Houston). Neither the bike norI will be together by the time of your trip. Won't be able to kick it over for a while til the ankle mends anyway. Have ridden a lot in the hill country and know you'll have a great time. Good Luck!

Old 01-11-2008, 03:39 PM
Blackmouth
Road Master

I'm in for some riding that week.
Won't know for sure what days, but I'll shoot you a PM DUBLAA.

Old 01-16-2008, 06:26 AM
DUBLAA
Advanced
Default UPDATE

Ok, Change of plans. Thanks to The SA HD dealer I was a Cliente of.[sm=icon_quiet.gif]That's a story for another time.
Flying into AUSTINFriday afternoon 2/1. Picking up a Street Glide from Cowboy HD. Saturday I plan on an all day ride through the hill country. No definite route yet.Sunday morningride the Devils Backbone and loop down to NB via the river road. Monday the three sisters. Tuesday, no ride plan yet. Wed. afternoon back toWA. state.

Old 01-16-2008, 09:36 PM
JW
Road Captain
Default RE: UPDATE

<PERK!> weekend ? some of the locals might just be able to help ya out there. we could meet up with ya at the dealership and take it from there. quick run up through mopac and out 2222, lime creek,1431, park road 4, down 16 to willow city , luckenbach and you can head back towards new braunfells for the night. I can take a look on google maps and see if thats a bit ambitious.

Old 01-17-2008, 08:37 AM
DUBLAA
Advanced

Hey JW,That would be cool.I will meet up with any of the locals for a ride. I will be bunking in Austin Fri. & Sat. nights, then take the backbone and river road into NB Sun morning. I found the willow city area you metioned, butcould not find all the roads of that routeon google though. I am sure I cant go wrong with any of the rides suggeted here by the "locals".
Thanks, AAron

Old 01-17-2008, 11:11 AM
Bishop73
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Well you know I'm interested in riding. Let's see some of those fancy routes you all make up and see what we can do.

Quick Reply: Looking for Texas ride info