Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

San Antonio Area Riders

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 09:04 PM
PureDeath
Road Warrior
Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Damned the timing, we got family that showed up last night and are staying until sometime Sunday. Y'all have a great safe ride, look forward to seeing the pictures!

Old 04-22-2011, 08:41 PM
txrarebear
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by formike56
Meet up @ Boerne IH10 & SH46 Shell station on the southeast corner @ 9:15-9:30am. Fuel up & R&R break.
Jo Ann and I are gonna run by the Bear Moon Bakery for a quick Muffin and a cup of "unleaded".
We should be at the Shell Station at 9:15.

I think Roland and Tim are gonna try and make it, but haven't heard from Rick to see if he's gonna make it yet (I think he may have some "domestic" chores to do!).

I think I'll check the weather and see what it looks like for tomorrow.
I'm pretty sure it's going to be windy as usual.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:17 PM
PureDeath
Road Warrior
Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

From my family to yours, we wish you a Happy Easter & make it a safe one!
Cheer's from south Tejas!

Attached Thumbnails San Antonio Area Riders-225022_10150160944241134_127181001133_6787877_5056553_n-1-.jpg  
Old 04-25-2011, 12:07 PM
formike56
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had a great ride Saturday to 3 Sisters. It was all good till I stopped for gas in Bandera. Put the kickstand down heard a plink . Wiggled the handlebars then heard a clunk. Looked down there was half a bolt that held the risers in place..... Thanked God that it happened after I stopped and not while we were doing our Hooligans on the road..

Old 04-25-2011, 04:46 PM
Harpoonman
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had a great ride Saturday to 3 Sisters. It was all good till I stopped for gas in Bandera. Put the kickstand down heard a plink . Wiggled the handlebars then heard a clunk. Looked down there was half a bolt that held the risers in place..... Thanked God that it happened after I stopped and not while we were doing our Hooligans on the road..
Like I always say.."I'd rather be LUCKY than good, most anyday"... I bet there was some puckering going on, the rest of the way home...huh?

Old 04-26-2011, 07:48 AM
txrarebear
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Harpoonman
Like I always say.."I'd rather be LUCKY than good, most anyday"... I bet there was some puckering going on, the rest of the way home...huh?
Lucky (to say the least).
With the ride we just completed..........he should have gone into that Shell station and plunked down a nice crisp "George Washington" for a Lottery Ticket............he would have been the richest Old Fart and ****** on the FORUM!!!

Old 04-26-2011, 07:50 AM
formike56
Club Member

Originally Posted by Harpoonman
No puckering going on here. Trailered it home. No way was I going to try an ride it that away. Got it fixed last night. Going for a test ride this afternoon.

Old 05-01-2011, 09:34 AM
Starboard
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No puckering going on here. Trailered it home. No way was I going to try an ride it that away. Got it fixed last night. Going for a test ride this afternoon.
Good decision to trailer it home. Did you figure out what caused the bolt to fail or was it something else? Glad you dodged what seems to be a growing number of bike accidents!

Old 05-01-2011, 03:44 PM
formike56
Club Member

Originally Posted by Starboard
Good decision to trailer it home. Did you figure out what caused the bolt to fail or was it something else? Glad you dodged what seems to be a growing number of bike accidents!
Got bike back together Monday night. Haven't had time to check hardware that sheared off.

Had to run up to Oklahoma on Tuesday. Father in-law passed away all the sudden. On way back as I respond to this. Stuck in traffic at th IH35 intersection in Hillsboro. Accident ahead of me. Probably 5 mile of backed up cars & big rigs waiting.....

I will be testing bolts for hardness tomorrow when I'm
back at work. I think hardware was soft. Will get back with the results.

Old 05-01-2011, 08:16 PM
Harpoonman
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got bike back together Monday night. Haven't had time to check hardware that sheared off.

Had to run up to Oklahoma on Tuesday. Father in-law passed away all the sudden. On way back as I respond to this. Stuck in traffic at th IH35 intersection in Hillsboro. Accident ahead of me. Probably 5 mile of backed up cars & big rigs waiting.....

I will be testing bolts for hardness tomorrow when I'm
back at work. I think hardware was soft. Will get back with the results.
Sorry to hear about your Father-in-Law. Thanks for bringing the cool weather and a chance of rain back with you.

Quick Reply: San Antonio Area Riders