Southwest Arizona | New Mexico | Oklahoma | Texas

anyone from Dallas?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 08:33 AM
PHAT A$$
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by L_Brown
I am in the DFW area. 92.5 The Bone has a bike nite every thursday night. Sundays is always good at strokers.
I'll have to pay more attention... I listen to the Bone occasionally, I've been in Strokers a few times, I'm right up the road. I don't know if I've been on a Sunday though. Thanks I'll check it out.

Thanks everyone,
Jason

Old 05-09-2009, 02:17 AM
Teek
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I normally don't do bike nights...I just tend to ride. Oh, and from Amarillo, TX, New Mexico, Colorado, and Oklahoma is simply a good day ride. On my little riding vacation last fall, second day I started from Pecos, TX to Carlsbad Caverns, NM; to El Paso; then went through NM again and finally holed up overnight in Benson, Arizona. Then the third day I went to Yuma, AZ to pick up the HD Forums Mascot, overnighted, then skipped across the border to California to see the sand dunes. Then started heading toward the Grand Canyon. The point is that Texas is considered a Southwestern State, although DFW area is more closely associated with Oklahoma, Arkansas and Louisiana. I was born and raised in the Shreveport/Bossier City, LA area myself.

Teek

Old 05-09-2009, 08:57 AM
PHAT A$$
Tourer

Originally Posted by Teek
I normally don't do bike nights...I just tend to ride. Oh, and from Amarillo, TX, New Mexico, Colorado, and Oklahoma is simply a good day ride. On my little riding vacation last fall, second day I started from Pecos, TX to Carlsbad Caverns, NM; to El Paso; then went through NM again and finally holed up overnight in Benson, Arizona. Then the third day I went to Yuma, AZ to pick up the HD Forums Mascot, overnighted, then skipped across the border to California to see the sand dunes. Then started heading toward the Grand Canyon. The point is that Texas is considered a Southwestern State, although DFW area is more closely associated with Oklahoma, Arkansas and Louisiana. I was born and raised in the Shreveport/Bossier City, LA area myself.

Teek
I guess it's just the east tx in me, I'm from Texarkana, TX. The Ark-La-Tex!

I don't necessarly just want to party, I don't really have any buddies that ride so just looking for a way to make some buddies. I also like seeing all the bikes congragated in one spot. Get a chance to check out and get ideas.

J

Old 05-18-2009, 07:58 PM
Virgil Cain
Cruiser

All good suggestions. I'm up in the McKinney area and always looking for places to ride as well. Plan on hitting up Lake Ray Wylie Hubbard this summer.

Old 05-19-2009, 04:48 PM
LoneStarSkater
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Phat A$$... I live in Tyler.
There's a pretty fun rally in Longview this weekend.
http://www.pinerally.com/
Hit me up if you're interested... Ill be there.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:29 AM
btroy
Cruiser

I am up in Plano, I would go for a ride anytime, I work nights so weekends are good for me if I am not busy

Thinking about the East Texas Pines deal this weekend

Last edited by btroy; 05-20-2009 at 01:34 AM.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:22 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PHAT A$$
What's up? I was looking for any riders in the Dallas area... Was kinda wondering if anyone from this area is doing the green chilli run?

One other thing, I was looking over the "regions" and it seemed odd to me that TX was not grouped with Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Lousina? I admit I've grown up in east TX but, seems to me TX doesn't really fit in with NM, AZ, CO, and the southwest... Do you guys see alot of TX folks at your events?

Thanks,
Jason
You're right about the state grouping. But what the hey!

Old 07-04-2009, 09:02 AM
Phoenix Rider
Intermediate

My husband and I made the Southwest Rally & Green Chili Run this year. The ride, road, weather, friends, and scenery were all EXCELLENT. A lot of the Arizona Group riders attended, as well as some fellow Texans and one from California. It was a GREAT road trip and the cooler weather in the mountains was a BIG perk this time of year considering the high temps we are having here at home...

We had around 30 motorcycles and 40 people attend. Good times.

Last edited by Phoenix Rider; 07-04-2009 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-04-2009, 03:44 PM
ratt196635
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live in east dallas not far from kellers and the best time to go to kellers is fri night ,sat anytime and sundays. I work nights so only get to go there on the weekends. Strokers is a good place to go also. I ride most every weekend if i can. Just got the bike back together after loosing a rear wheel bearing on the way to ROT in austin. If you want to ride some weekend hit me up.

Old 07-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Big_Al47
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 93 Likes on 40 Posts

N/W corner of Ft. Worth here.

Quick Reply: anyone from Dallas?