Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Girls bike...Yeah Because They Keep Getting on The Back ...Mr Big V-Twin Man..

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 03:06 PM
Vroom_Vroom
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Girls bike...Yeah Because They Keep Getting on The Back ...Mr Big V-Twin Man..

Old 04-13-2007, 03:18 PM
Vroom_Vroom
Banned
Default RE: Girls bike...Yeah Because They Keep Getting on The Back ...Mr Big V-Twin Man..

Yea you jerk get a life

Old 04-13-2007, 03:20 PM
Oldtimer of NM
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lemme see now, if the 61 cubic inch ironhead I rode for some 20 years is a girls bike, I suppose that makes the EL Knuckle and Pan girls bikes too. There is a 74 inch (1200CC for those not accustomed to real numbers) Sportster in my garage, so I guess the 74 inch Panheads and Shovelheads are also girls bikes.
Now, along with the Sportster, there are an 88' big twin, a 96' big twin and a Triumph Bonneville. While the 96 is fastest on a straight road, the Sporty is the only one that can keep up with the Triumph on a crooked one. So, does that mean only bikes that corner like a '50 Buick are for manly mans?

Old 04-13-2007, 03:37 PM
ionate
Road Captain

I told this lady at the Discount Tire shop yesterday that I would have liked to have taken my motorcycle in this morning, but that I needed to get a tire fixed so that my wife & kids would have something safe to drive.

She asked, "oh, what type of motorcycle do you have?"

I replied, "Sportster".She said, "Oh, I use to ride a Sportster 883 but I had to get a bigger bike because it wasn't powerful enough for me (this was a big lady - not fat, but just big!).I told her, "Oh, that's just what I have - a Sportster 883".

My point being, I don't bat an eye when telling people what I ride, sportster or not.I really don't give a rats *** what other people think. Day after day, my trusty powerful 883 pulls me up the Austin hills, even with strong winds blowing against me.

It's a great bike people.Don't let the stuck-up riders comments get to you. I surely don't! You have to start somewhere. Better that than no bike at all!

Old 04-13-2007, 03:52 PM
JamieCarr
Banned

well,...when I do get my sporty,....if someone makes a comment I dont like about it,....I'll let my ole'lady beat their a*s. She's tougher than most of these trolls anyhow.I'll just sit back andlaugh while theypickin up thier teeth,...lol

Old 04-13-2007, 03:57 PM
wbogley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

For me the Sportster vs Big twin, Girl bike vs 2 wheeled SUV, Harley vs metric and so on is sooooo tired. I could care less any more.At this point, I just ridethe bike and am happy with that.

Old 04-13-2007, 04:01 PM
883Sporty
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: BentZero

I don't understand how it's a girl's or a boy's bike. It's a bike. So if I see a woman on a softtail does that mean that now all softtails are girl's bikes? I'm still doing my research, but I want a sportster, 1200N to be exact, b/c I'm used to riding sport bikes and I don't want to drive a tank. My buddy just took his license test on his Fatboy. He refused to do one of the tasks b/c his bike was too big and heavy and he didn't want to drop it. That's just ridiculous. I want a bike to be nimble. If I want a car I'll jump into my cage.
Softails are girls bikes. I see more girls riding the deluxe than I see on a sportster.

Old 04-13-2007, 04:04 PM
agedwards63
Road Master

I think the girls only go for the 50th anniversary sporties

Old 04-13-2007, 04:05 PM
Skout
Banned

Hey like my new ride???

Old 04-13-2007, 04:07 PM
Skout
Banned

My bikes won't start?

Quick Reply: Girls bike...Yeah Because They Keep Getting on The Back ...Mr Big V-Twin Man..