Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got a 2015 Forty Eight and now the questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 11:00 AM
coyotedream1
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JDiron883
I am surprised your thinking of the 48 solo seat its really very uncomfortable and can not keep in the seat when giving a little throttle. There way better solo sets out there but im sure your like me the budget. I can not see my self forking out 250-300 for a solo seat.
I'm always open to varying solo seats within reason. However, I've ridden several 48s and 72s and I love that little seat - it's not for long trips, but it fits me fine riding to work and around town. I love that look too - especially on the Iron. I want more than one solo - I like options, but I hate 2 up seats on Irons (and 48s and 72s). I like the look of sleek solos on bobbers and choppers.

Anyway, I think I've tracked down a couple different solos for my new Iron, but if you ever change your mind or want to sell it cheap, let me know. Keep riding...

Old 07-06-2015, 04:38 PM
Daddy_J
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah thats why I go the sporty for solo riding and i just love the looks and feel. I want to get an iron833 seat but yet to hear anyone tell me it will fit with no issues. So I have to wait until i have 100% confirmation it will fit. I might just go to HD and ask them to see if they can swap a iron seat on the forty just to make me feel better as I have found three new ones on ebay for 70 bucks.

Originally Posted by coyotedream1
I'm always open to varying solo seats within reason. However, I've ridden several 48s and 72s and I love that little seat - it's not for long trips, but it fits me fine riding to work and around town. I love that look too - especially on the Iron. I want more than one solo - I like options, but I hate 2 up seats on Irons (and 48s and 72s). I like the look of sleek solos on bobbers and choppers.

Anyway, I think I've tracked down a couple different solos for my new Iron, but if you ever change your mind or want to sell it cheap, let me know. Keep riding...

Old 07-07-2015, 11:45 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,954 Likes on 2,306 Posts

Originally Posted by Daddy_J
Thanks for the replies I will go look for a longer brake line so I can get these HD mini apes installed ASAP. I dont want to miss out on anymore summer riding.

Also thanks for the info DKcustoms I shopped with you guys for almost everything I had on my Iron883 and Tech guys where awesome when I had questions.

I am sure I will be hitting your store once again for performance needs after I figure out what Exhaust mufflers and Intake I will go with most likely will pick up the bobber style stage 1 intake system from HD pipes will have to wait and see need to see what calls me I just want a little more noise but don't want be breaking the bank to much.

After that I will be getting my new tank painted and ready for install. I love these sporties so much ways to make it your own.
Cool! We appreciate Your Business. Always feel free to call with any questions, including on a Bobber Style Stage I intake...we might be able to save you some green.

Gear Up & Ride in! DK Custom 4th Annual Open House, June 8th. 🏍️ Click HERE For The Lowdown.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 07-08-2015, 06:02 AM
BensonUK
Road Captain
Received 127 Likes on 91 Posts

Also I need to really get that stock seat off the bike so if anyone know where I can get a good comfortable solo seat with a nice little back lip to it so i dont scoot off the seat and can hold up for a long ride please direct me.
long rides and 48's don't always go together

Old 07-08-2015, 07:27 AM
scribes
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^
This, I am desperate to figure out. I just want a 48 and I want it to go more than 80-100 between fuel stops.

Old 07-08-2015, 09:21 AM
coyotedream1
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want to get an iron833 seat but yet to hear anyone tell me it will fit with no issues. So I have to wait until i have 100% confirmation it will fit. I might just go to HD and ask them to see if they can swap a iron seat on the forty just to make me feel better as I have found three new ones on ebay for 70 bucks.
The stock Iron seat transfers over to the 48 perfectly - I've seen it done. It takes 5 minutes.

Old 07-08-2015, 04:52 PM
Daddy_J
Cruiser

Originally Posted by scribes
^^^
This, I am desperate to figure out. I just want a 48 and I want it to go more than 80-100 between fuel stops.
Very easy to do, bigger fuel tank you can go up to a 4.5 tank. I already have an Iron 883 tank 3.3 that I am going to get repainted it adds roughly another gallon or so of fuel which makes it more than enough for the riding distances I would go on. if i average 36mpg or as HD trys to claim 48mpg I am getting over 150 or so miles on a full tank more than good for me. even at 100 miles its good enough for me i wouldn't want to be on it longer than 100 miles anyways means time to stop break stretch relax fill up then back out to continue the trip.

on the 48 there is a reserve R that comes up on the speedo at that point you have 20 more miles worth of riding so you can get to a station easily unless your way out in the boonies.

Also I invested in a solo bag with tank bottle to make sure if I am pushing it to far I will not get a little more to get me to a gas pump. as I dont llive out in the woods but am out in farm land but there s gas stations roughly every 15-30 miles for most place I would ride anyways.

Old 07-08-2015, 04:56 PM
Daddy_J
Cruiser

Originally Posted by BensonUK
long rides and 48's don't always go together
Yes they do just have to do a few mods and your good to go.. I did a 500 mile trip on my 2012 iron 883 no issues felt great. I had to make stops but that was fine by me and made it more fun.

But we all have our own feelings on what can and can not work/mix also environment plays a good part in it as well.

To each their own.

Old 07-08-2015, 04:58 PM
scribes
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Call me crazy, but it isn't the same bike without that peanut tank. I am thinking there has to be a creative auxiliary tank solution that looks good. Obviously, there is not a lot of space option with respect to the bike; but that is the challenge.

Old 07-08-2015, 04:58 PM
Daddy_J
Cruiser

Originally Posted by coyotedream1
The stock Iron seat transfers over to the 48 perfectly - I've seen it done. It takes 5 minutes.

I got the 883 seat coming in next week. So one thing down next Mini apes to be installed. I might have got my sundowner sold to so I will possibly getting the pipes as well maybe. Not sure on that just yet but once i go the two first to do list done I will be happy for now.

Quick Reply: Just got a 2015 Forty Eight and now the questions