Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Iron 883 mirror flip

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 11:24 AM
HOTLAP
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 388 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by Bend Iron
Hey all
wanting to flip my mirrors on my 16 iron. Looks to me like the turn signals are in the way to just reverse them. Do I need some type of adapter or do I have to relo my signals?
Why don't you take this opportunity to relocate your signals, they look stupid hanging off the handlebars anyway.
This is the kit I used and they look great http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrome-Fork-...-/172118707767

Old 04-25-2016, 02:50 PM
Ratwerke
Road Captain
Received 143 Likes on 127 Posts
Default If you will post a pic or two....

Some of these folks will overlook the Harley "tolerance" bashing and help anyway.

Let's isolate all variables here. Did you remember to move the clutch side mirror to the throttle side when flipping?

I include a pic of mine to show it is possible to have a little day light between the turn signal, mirror stalk and throttle cables.
Just have to play with position a little. Shouldn't have to remove the signal just loosen and swing out of the way.

Old 04-25-2016, 03:26 PM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,189 Likes on 1,677 Posts

once the frustration passes he'll get it.

Old 05-01-2017, 12:41 AM
jrcoffey1877
Stage III
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cvaria
well you are right.. [you are] no professional wrencher. and your iron ain't a bmw. loose the attitude

chill out. loosen the signals, they pivot on a ball. and FYI your 2016 has the same parts as a 2014, that's when hd changed the size of the controls.

this video is a 2014 Hipster... i mean Iron... yours is no different.... you are not riding a one off snowflake
Flipping Mirrors on the HD Iron XL883N - YouTube

Just DO IT!
Why do you have to refer to it as a Hipster? I just experienced this same shitty mentality on the road yesterday. I pull up on my 2016 XL883N next to some fellow riders who are in the left turning lane. I overhear a girl on the back of one of the bikes say that she likes mine. I can hear the old guy closest to me snarl, "It says Harley-Davidson, but that ain't no Harley!" Hilarious! Seriously, why can't HD riders just respect one another because they care enough to ride a Harley? I could have bought a different Harley, but I liked the look and fit of this one. So I should have purchased a bigger bike that was uncomfortable to me, just so I could be accepted by some old guy on a bigger, more "traditional" Harley? He thinks he's a badass because that's the one piece of property he owns, and has a harem of 50+ year-old women who will show their saggy, spotted **** at his command. Who Cares? The guy riding a Sportster is below him, and I bet the guy riding an Electra Glide is just a poser with money. The point being, what does anyone gain from judging a person by their bike?

The following users liked this post:
CraigLoxley (04-18-2021)
Old 05-01-2017, 01:14 AM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member
Received 955 Likes on 657 Posts

Flipping the mirrors is the easiest mod you can do in my opinion, if that is a problem you better leave the bike as it is. It was the first mod I did when I came home from the dealer. Including parking the bike at good spot for taking the pictures, taking my wrenches and put them back away, taking my camera 30 minutes later it was way better looking

Old 05-01-2017, 01:22 AM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member
Received 955 Likes on 657 Posts

Originally Posted by jrcoffey1877
Why do you have to refer to it as a Hipster? I just experienced this same shitty mentality on the road yesterday. I pull up on my 2016 XL883N next to some fellow riders who are in the left turning lane. I overhear a girl on the back of one of the bikes say that she likes mine. I can hear the old guy closest to me snarl, "It says Harley-Davidson, but that ain't no Harley!" Hilarious! Seriously, why can't HD riders just respect one another because they care enough to ride a Harley? I could have bought a different Harley, but I liked the look and fit of this one. So I should have purchased a bigger bike that was uncomfortable to me, just so I could be accepted by some old guy on a bigger, more "traditional" Harley? He thinks he's a badass because that's the one piece of property he owns, and has a harem of 50+ year-old women who will show their saggy, spotted **** at his command. Who Cares? The guy riding a Sportster is below him, and I bet the guy riding an Electra Glide is just a poser with money. The point being, what does anyone gain from judging a person by their bike?
Oke offtopic now.... F***k the way others think of your bike, I could bought every Harley I wanted at the dealer, money was no issue but I went for the Iron 883 even over the 48 and that was hard for me beacuse I prefer the 1200 but I liked the look of the Iron way better. All the other Harley's Were too clumsy for my needs. I have a 2016 - GL1800 Goldwing for the "clumsy" roadtrips. The Iron is for me the best way to enjoy citydriving... oh yah I have a GSXR1000 for the fast roadtrips so I'm a poser to

Old 05-01-2017, 01:36 AM
jrcoffey1877
Stage III

I obviously wasn't trying to **** the original poster off. I've actually looked at this thread a few times and hadn't joined. After today, the referring to a Sportster as a Hipster just rubbed me the wrong way. It is what it is, or at least I'm learning, and people are going to feel the way they feel. But I love my Iron 883. I live in a city, and it's a great bike for it. I've taken it out on 295 at 70mph, and it's a bit terrifying for the fit and suspension. But it's doable. But for riding around a city, and even on 55mph country roads, it's a badass bike for the money. It was just disheartening to hear what I heard today, but it's reality. I started out on a V-Star 250 to make sure riding was for me. Actually went to buy a new helmet when I ended up buying the 883. Was pretty stoked to purchase my first "real" bike. But as I found out today, that's not good enough.

Old 05-01-2017, 05:42 AM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member

I obviously wasn't trying to **** the original poster off. I've actually looked at this thread a few times and hadn't joined. After today, the referring to a Sportster as a Hipster just rubbed me the wrong way. It is what it is, or at least I'm learning, and people are going to feel the way they feel. But I love my Iron 883. I live in a city, and it's a great bike for it. I've taken it out on 295 at 70mph, and it's a bit terrifying for the fit and suspension. But it's doable. But for riding around a city, and even on 55mph country roads, it's a badass bike for the money. It was just disheartening to hear what I heard today, but it's reality. I started out on a V-Star 250 to make sure riding was for me. Actually went to buy a new helmet when I ended up buying the 883. Was pretty stoked to purchase my first "real" bike. But as I found out today, that's not good enough.
lol. No one should EVER ride a sportster, it's bike for hipsters and girls. I would never buy a sportster... i only ride big twins and dress like a pirate. Arrrh!

i don't care if it rubbed you the wrong way....

sorry some old loser hurt your feelings. Get over it, it comes with the cliche iron territory. Please don't pop up yelling at folks over nonsense and dropping 4 letter words because the old pirate assailed your manhood and and purchase decision. you came here trying to flip your mirrors i assume...since this is an old mirror flipping thread... so do it and don't be like the angry dude that started this thread with his magically delicious and different iron. Have your fun and ride around.... on your girls bike... did you get your short shots, 1/2 or 3/4 helmet, and face mask yet? lol

toughen up

Last edited by cvaria; 05-01-2017 at 06:17 AM.
Old 05-01-2017, 06:07 AM
jrcoffey1877
Stage III

Originally Posted by cvaria
lol. No one should EVER ride a sportster, it's bike for brike hipsters and girls. I would never buy a sportster... i only ride big twins and dress like a pirate. Arrrh!

i dont care if it rubbed you the wrong way....
sorry some old loser hurt your feelings. Get over it, it comes with the cliche iron territory. Please dont pop up yelling at folks over nonsense and dropping 4 letter words because the old pirate assailed your manhood and and purchase decision. Have your fun and ride around.
I honestly wasn't yelling at anyone. I came to this forum looking for answers, and perhaps I got off topic and shouldn't have let simple things get to me. Oh well. Lesson learned.

Old 05-01-2017, 06:18 AM
cvaria
Extreme HDF Member

I honestly wasn't yelling at anyone. I came to this forum looking for answers, and perhaps I got off topic and shouldn't have let simple things get to me. Oh well. Lesson learned.
don't worry about. it's all good. we all get the sportster ain't a real bike nonsense or some jerk rolling up saying "when you getting something bigger?" i still get people saying that stupid stuff to me... i just say i can't afford it, kills that conversation/explanation.

some folks are just a**holes. i'm one of them but, i meant old meanies on rolling couches.

Last edited by cvaria; 05-01-2017 at 06:27 AM.

Quick Reply: Iron 883 mirror flip