Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Frame Replacement Cost w/out insurance

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 06:55 PM
dcmitchell
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scuba10jdl
Am I to assume this means it is just your fender struts that are bent?

I had one fender strut bent out when I was in my accident. Braced up and measured I easily bent it back. You should be able to do the same if it isn't completely bent to hell.

Salvage title insurance is generally not a problem. My daily Evo is salvaged and I didn't even have to change policies.
I believe it's actually just the right fender strut. the left one looks to be exactly where it should be it just seems the right (the side she was laid down on) is bent slightly in and about a half inch to an inch down.

Old 04-19-2017, 08:24 PM
hexnut
Banned
Received 224 Likes on 176 Posts

It will be easy to bend back into place.

Old 04-19-2017, 08:29 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,993 Likes on 17,500 Posts

Originally Posted by dcmitchell
I believe it's actually just the right fender strut. the left one looks to be exactly where it should be it just seems the right (the side she was laid down on) is bent slightly in and about a half inch to an inch down.
Most likely frames fine then play with the strut a bit, I've tweaked more than few to realign things.

Old 04-19-2017, 08:33 PM
RFG7680
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,280 Likes on 733 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
There's frame shops that can repair your frame for much less than trying to find a new one and you won't have to dick around re-registering, new new numbers not to mention all the headaches of trying to insurance on a salvage title bike.

Don't let the idiots in here scare you off it most making noises about it have never had a frame done. I've had a few seriously bent ones repaired and you couldn't find the new welds much see where it was done.
This. I had my frame done on my 48 Pan. Re-raked (back to stock). Put it in a jig and found other issued. The frame came out perfect.

Old 04-19-2017, 08:43 PM
Lonnie Mac
Tourer
Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

I would have a very hard time explaining "how" I fixed my "VERY" bent fender struts after I was blasted across the road by a texter. But it was just a matter of leverage, hydraulic jack, and a maul. Steel cant be gently put back in place. The insurance co wanted to total my whole bike because two bent fender struts. Not having it.

It's totally possible man.

The following 2 users liked this post by Lonnie Mac:
Hannibal Smith (02-13-2024), TwiZted Biker (04-19-2017)
Old 04-20-2017, 08:06 PM
dcmitchell
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Lonnie Mac
I would have a very hard time explaining "how" I fixed my "VERY" bent fender struts after I was blasted across the road by a texter. But it was just a matter of leverage, hydraulic jack, and a maul. Steel cant be gently put back in place. The insurance co wanted to total my whole bike because two bent fender struts. Not having it.

It's totally possible man.
Ok so let's say I were to attempt to fix this myself. What tools/equipment would I need? I don't mind doing the work myself just need some guidance in doing so.

Old 04-21-2017, 05:16 PM
Lonnie Mac
Tourer
Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by dcmitchell
Ok so let's say I were to attempt to fix this myself. What tools/equipment would I need? I don't mind doing the work myself just need some guidance in doing so.
Got some up close and personal pics of the damage? That would help a lot. Let's see how bad they are bent out of shape. Mine took a lot of work, but not anything that was to the point of stressing things. I did consider just bobbing it out by removing the struts but that didn't sit right with me. I came up with and made some fixtures out of steel, used jacks and clamps to put them back to where I wanted them.

Pics will help

Old 04-21-2017, 06:21 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,993 Likes on 17,500 Posts

Get some pictures up, there's any number of ways to play this game. You'be real surprised ...

Old 04-21-2017, 06:38 PM
Yamaharley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 545 Likes on 421 Posts

Without pictures I can't say but, heat will be your friend.

Old 04-23-2017, 10:57 PM
dcmitchell
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Get some pictures up, there's any number of ways to play this game. You'be real surprised ...
Here's a couple pictures, in these pictures the bike is leaning on the kickstand.

Last edited by dcmitchell; 04-23-2017 at 11:03 PM.

Quick Reply: Frame Replacement Cost w/out insurance