Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiley X, XL-1 Glasses (For Those Interested)

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 02:06 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Wiley X, XL-1 Glasses (For Those Interested)

Just passing along the information for those of you that might not have seen this deal on the "General Forum"..

Sportsmans Guide is having a heck of a sale on the Wiley X, XL-1 riding glasses. They come with both clear and smoked gray lenses, and the Wiley X are very popular glasses and used by many....

The wiley XL-1 riding glasses with interchangeable lenses normal sell for around $70, but Sportsmans Guide is blowing them out for $19.97. (Link Below).

Also, I have a Discount Code from Sportsmans Guide, and if you use it when placing an order you will get an extra $5.00 off shipping and handling.

If you decide to order a set of these just put SH117 in the discount code box and it will be applied to the order.

Bunch of guys have been ordering these over on the other Forum, so I thought I'd pass along the information.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=360948

Old 08-15-2007, 02:32 PM
Thumper26
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts
Default RE: Wiley X, XL-1 Glasses (For Those Interested)

Many thanks, OFG! Last weekend I put my sunglasses on top of my bags, put my helmet on, found myself engaged in a pleasant but unexpected conversation,mounted the bike, started anddrove off forgetting all about the sunglasses on the bags until I was 5 miles down the road!

Thanks to you, new pair on the way...

Old 08-15-2007, 02:38 PM
NewtoHD
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are these the type that have the foam/padding along the frame?

Thanks,
Dave

Old 08-15-2007, 02:39 PM
wally05
2nd Gear

Wow, that is an amazing deal. I have a set of beat up wiley's that I use for security stuff... ordered this set... many thanks!

Old 08-15-2007, 02:40 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I paid extra for shipping...Oh no. $5. Good to let everyone else know.

Old 08-15-2007, 02:44 PM
wally05
2nd Gear

Yes sir, this model is actually the sunglass variant of the goggles issued to military personnel in Iraq. High quality lenses and are shatterproof up to ANSI high velocity standards. Get them!

Old 08-15-2007, 02:53 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Here is a little more information about the XL-1 glasses (from the OpticsPlant site) for those of you that might not be familiar with them;

Wiley X XL-1 Sunglasses / Goggles - 21st century methodology helped establish this latest interchangeable Wiley-X XL-1 Sunglasses Goggles No Tearsâ„¢ system now feature removable foam. This Wiley X goggle in a sunglass concept provides incredible wind, sun, glare, and debris protection. This patent pending sunglasses system utilizes Wiley X exclusive Ultra Foamâ„¢ seal to hug the inside of the ocular ridge, and work like a goggle but look like a sunglass. Ballistic polycarbonate of Wiley X Xl-1 glasses is scratch resistant and anti-fog coated providing all weather, all terrain protection. Elastic mini strap, attaches to the temples of Wiley X XL1 Goggles Sunglasses system through T-Pegâ„¢ docking securing the glasses, giving the ultimate fit.
Wiley X XL-1 modular, convertible goggle designs tip even the most modern scales of innovation. Wiley-X XL-1 easy to convert frames are the preferred choice of countless military personnel. The frame provides a 90 degree wrap-back, eliminating tunnel vision. The Wiley-X XL-1 sunglasses / goggles comes from OpticsPlanet.com with two sets of ballistic lenses (clear and neutral slate) (other Wiley-X XL-1 lens combinations are available!). Each WileyX lens is hard coated for scratch resistance and anti-fog coated so it functions perfect in any environment where clear protected sight is needed.
Wiley-X XL1 Sunglasses Goggles No Tearsâ„¢ system is also one of our top selling Motorcycle Goggles / Motorcycle sunglasses, and the Harley Davidson Motorcycle guys just love Wiley X XL-1 Flame frame goggles option!
Each Wiley X XL1 frame is lined with our durable, rubberized "Ultra Foam" for a perfect facial seal. Wileyx Ultra Foam is designed so soldiers can customize based on environment. The Ultra Foam can be removed in segments to allow more ventilation in humid weather. Please Note: Ultra Foam cannot be replaced once removed.

Rubber tipped temples work in unison with our mini-elastic strap through T-Peg docking, keeping the frames firmly in place. The straps' Tri-Glide system adjusts the length for the perfect fit on any head size.

Old 08-15-2007, 02:56 PM
3power
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great info . . just ordered a pair OFG. Thx for the extra $5 off too!

Old 08-15-2007, 03:40 PM
aceospades
Road Warrior

thanks!! i just ordered a pair as well..cant beat that deal for sure...

Old 08-15-2007, 04:47 PM
evilscotsman
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got mine ordered thank you very much. I got to enter a sweepstakes as well after I completed my online purchase for a trip to Maui!!! I really needed a replacement set of goggles 'cause the lenses on my current set are all scratched up. I hope these last longer than the set I got now. Many thanks for leading me to this awesome deal!!!

Quick Reply: Wiley X, XL-1 Glasses (For Those Interested)