Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

had some girl pull out in front of me

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 09:45 PM
machpilot
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: had some girl pull out in front of me

thats a everyday episode here in Kimchi land.........key is ya saw her....and you prepared....and you keptthe wheels down and right side up....maybe she will smartin up and pay more attention to detail while driving....at least....we hope....

Old 08-19-2007, 09:47 PM
Dr.Cool
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: toemoss

I have had the same experiences in fact I kicked a drivers door as she was merging into my lane and almost into me. Of course she was on her cell phone and roled down her window and started yelling at me she was going to call the cops. I told her to do it because I could not call and ride at the same time. They showed up and I gave my side she gave hers and she went to jail fo driving with a suspended license. Tom 1 Cellphone drivers 0.

So.. one day i pull up to get gass and there is another harley rider getting gas at the same time. I could not resist, I had to ask. "Hi there, I see you got a horn much like something that would go on a semi... how cool is that?" He looks at me, blast the f'in thing and says, "Thats for the cell phone Bitc#hes... they damn sh#t their pants when I hit that thing."

Ace, keep your cool... its not worth breaking your hand. You can always look forward to getting home to that fine woman of yours.

Old 08-19-2007, 09:51 PM
aceospades
Road Warrior

my biggest thing is im not as mad at her as i am the a-hole guy in the passenger side..i didnt do anything wrong and im getting yelled at by him..it really made me mad and i am having visions of my kicking his teeth out of his head..oh well maybe i do need anger management...im kinda glad i didnt act on my thoughts i was having when this happened..i would be the one locked up right now..

Old 08-20-2007, 04:59 AM
dbleagle
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It happens to me at least once a day... like you I get P O'd... flip'em off...

Then I get prepaired for the next idiot...

Because more likely than not they're just down the road waiting for you to come along...[]...[8D]

If you keep thinking about the last one... the next one could.... well you know...

Ride safe brother...

Charlie D.

Old 08-20-2007, 05:03 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's all part of the ride.

Old 08-20-2007, 07:20 AM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: whaap

It's all part of the ride.
Sadly, that is true. We just buried our receptionist's father about 10 days ago. He was 44 years old, killed by a left-turning killer and leaves behind two children and disabled wife. I used to go ballistic, but have learned that anger clouds my mind and while I am fuming at the cell phone soccer Mom, the real killer might be waiting at the next intersection.

Keep your cool and ride safe. You can't fix stupid.

Old 08-20-2007, 08:06 AM
hyway61
Intermediate

I've had this happenmany times over the years with minimal mishap sofar, and so I don't drive hot in town. My impression is that some drivers, often beeotches in SUVs, just don't care what happens to you...they come first and they're going to excercize the right-o-way of the jungle and you can just go to hell. This phenomena is exaggerated when you acknowledge their presence, i.e. if you look at them, slow down, etc. than they take it so to exercise their right-o-way of the jungle. And of course, they could never be the blame for any result. So, I try to practice ultimate defensive riding and escape,while not openly acknowledging the cagers presence. Anyway, something like that, because they really don't want their shiny SUV dented up....just a thought.

...hyway61

Old 08-20-2007, 09:04 AM
kawsakimx6
Road Warrior

that was nice of you. If they yelled at me, i would have stopped the bike and had a little "talk" with them

Old 08-20-2007, 10:57 AM
gmerr2
Cruiser

Back when I was still a youth minister, I had someone almost hit me while I was rolling my scooter one Saturday afternoon....I honked the horn and locked up the brakes and barely didn't get killed. So this guy that pulled out in front of me and almost kills me starts yelling and screaming and cursing and "I'm gonna kick your ***, how dare you honk at me....you're a *** on your scooter.....blah blah blah......" All this with his kids and wife in the car. I just ignored him and went on my way.....well, on Sunday morning I was being guest pastor at a church across townto show them things we did with our youth group to get attendance up and things like that.....lo and behold! Who is the first person that is introduced to me? Mr "How dare you honk, I'm gonna kick your ***"!! Just so happened that he's a deacon of that particularchurch....I just start laughing as he didn't know who in the world I was....so I shook his hand and asked him if he's kicked any ***'s asses on scooters lately.....he and his wifeboth turned bright red and everyone around was just kind of looking at them wondering what in the world I was talking about.....

So my written serson that sunday about empowering our youthgot tossed and I instead gave a nice talk about self control..... =-) I think I got my point acrosss....You never know who it is that on that bike! Might just be your preacher!!

Rev. George.....Chattanooga, Tn

p.s. I don't minister anymore, but that's another story not related to motorcycles. =-)

Old 08-20-2007, 11:10 AM
Jakie
Tourer

gmerr2 THAT'S GREAT! Man one for the good guy. LOL

Quick Reply: had some girl pull out in front of me