Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nightster or FatBob?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 11:30 PM
bensonjv
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Nightster or FatBob?

Found the Springer last fall...November. When I heard they weren't going to do Springers after the 06 modely year I started hunting. I found one a few hundred miles away.

Thanks for the compliment on the Sporty. I liked it a lot too. Damn nice ride. But it was more important to put the wife on the right bike than to keep to in the stall for me to ride.

I took them both to stock so now I have a bunch of Sporty parts available. Once I get them all cleaned up I'll start figuring out pricing. Highlights are Mustang solo seats, tach, engine guard and windshield, two mini-ape "kits" (bars, cables, grips, etc), detach kits..... and more. Maybe I can find a good home for all of the Sport Bob stuff I had on there.

Old 11-15-2007, 12:01 AM
HighDesertKid
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: YodaddyKeith

If you can only have one, get the FatBob.

The FatBob is simply what the Nightster wants to be when it grows up.....and your Nightster is telling you that already, huh?.....So listen to it.

I've got the extreme ends and I WILL get a FatBob to fill in the middle.
No.... The Fat Bob is the big twin's concession to the Nightster... Not everyone is tough enough for the Nightster... Some require a little more comfort... A little more acceptance.... A little more $..... To be happy.... With that said.... The FB is one bad azz scoot..... And I wouldn't fault anyone for owning one.... A rat raw Nightster it will never be.... but.... It's a little more comfort for almost the kool

Old 11-15-2007, 05:50 AM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

How is the Fat Bob being compared to a Nightser? I don't see the connection at all, I think it has more in common with the Fat Boy actually.

Old 11-15-2007, 01:46 PM
Nightster 13
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Lewd_Dude

I have talked myself out of the FatBob twice now... but I keep beeing pulled to it...lol So here is the deal. I can not afford to have two(I have the money, but there are many things that need to come first...3 kids, a wife, and she wants an addition on the house) so it must be only one. I paid in full for my nightster this past april. I owe nothing on it. I have put the slip on SE's, smoked lenses, a sundowner seat(only on it for 80 of the 3000 miles), HD adjustible Highway pegs w/HD cushion pegs, SE A/C with ECM download. the dealership only wants to give me 8k on the trade, but I have a friend who fell in love with it and wants to buy it for $9500... I would only have to finance 5 or 6k So if there can be only one for now, what would you do? I do love the nightster though... If it were up to me, I would have one of each family...lol but the sporty and the baggers are the two extreme ends, and my thought was if I can have only one,the middle might be the place for me right now? I do not even know why I am asking this, I already know what i am going to do...lol Plus if my buddy does not like it after he buys it, guess who will get it back for less...LOL

Maybe it will help, but think about what kind of riding you like to do. Nightster is fun in town, but maybe not for 300 miles, there the fat bob might be nicer. Also, got any pics of how you put the highway pegs on the nightster, i would be curious to see?

Old 11-15-2007, 02:00 PM
birdman96
Intermediate

i like the no payment and ride the hell out of the Nightster advice.

Old 11-15-2007, 04:37 PM
HDHornet
Road Warrior

Keep the Nightster, you'll go in debt buying the Fat Bob and after a few months will want a Fat Boy. The Fat Bob is nothing like the Nightsterm it's more like the Fat Boy.

Old 11-15-2007, 05:28 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Damn so now he is gonna go in debt for buying a Fat Bob? It didn't sound like he was that bad off in his finances to me.
And what is this about him wanting a Fat Boy just a few months later? What makes you think that? I haven't heard him mentioning that he wanted a Fat Boy at all.

Of course the cheapest way to go is to keep the Nightster but then we all never go the cheapest way all the time or we wouldn't be riding Harleys now would we? If the man wants the Fat Bob and can afford it then I think he should go for it.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:13 PM
northern64
Road Master
Received 65 Likes on 29 Posts

Sureley there must be away to have them both! Im sure if you look hard enough you will find it!

Old 11-15-2007, 09:41 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

ORIGINAL: PigInaBlanket

Of course the cheapest way to go is to keep the Nightster but then we all never go the cheapest way all the time or we wouldn't be riding Harleys now would we? If the man wants the Fat Bob and can afford it then I think he should go for it.
Exactly.....

Old 11-15-2007, 10:48 PM
HighDesertKid
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: PigInaBlanket

I agree with this advice.... If you can afford the bike you want the most.... Get that one.... Fortunately for me.... The Nightster IS the bike I wanted most... So I am happy

Quick Reply: Nightster or FatBob?