Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roll Bags

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 05:55 PM
smtrickett
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roll Bags

Has anyone tried these out yet? They look like they would be low profile, and not too big (like saddle bags). Plus, it comes off like a duffle bag. I am trying not to take away from the SPORT look, and am even reluctant to geta a windshield, even though I ride 45 miles one way to work. North west Ohio, so lots of Mayflies (june bugs).

http://bikersfriend.com/

Old 05-28-2008, 06:43 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Default RE: Roll Bags

I know a couple guys that have those, and they work well but are somewhat expensive....

Not sure if they are still available, but a year or so ago I found a guy on EBay that was selling a roll bag almost like those, but for only around $50.

They have the quick disconnect straps, leather covered heavy PCV so they make a great 'back support/back rest', heavy duty zipper on one end, carrying handle, waterproof cover, lined interior, etc... Guess you can say myself and friends of mine purchased all that he had in stock, so I'm not sure if he still has some available or not.

But they are very handy, and I leave mine mounted on my Softail just about all the time. Plenty of room in them, and the back support makes for a comfortable ride. I also have quick disconnect hard leather saddlebags, but very seldom use them unless going a few day run.

Old 05-28-2008, 06:55 PM
SpursDarkrider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow they are kinda pricey. Ok i guess if you have that kinda money.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:09 PM
thomasf59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got one and like it altho I haven't used it as a back rest I use it to carry my lunch, and coffee thermost to work, if I wear my chaps,and a jacket,heavy gloves, to work when its cold in the morning I stuff them in the bag in for my ride home after work,when it warms up, along with a lot of other stuff. If I have to make a stop at the store on the way home there is usually room for a couple of items. (beer)

It seems to be made well, comes on and off with the bungy cords, rides on the bike pretty stable, mine rests on a luggage rack behind my backrest.

I know its a little big but, its nice to have the room when you need it.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:12 PM
smtrickett
Intermediate

Yeah, a bit pricey. Nice 03, I have the 03 Sportster 1200 Custom. Love the paint job. Looks like your bag stays on, without a luggage rack. Bikers Friend was the only one that didnt need one, I think. So, if you dont have a luggage rack, thats part of the price if you go with another brand.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:18 PM
SHTFIT
Road Captain

I use a Bikers Friend on my bike just about every day. Size Large. Check my profile for a pic.

Old 05-29-2008, 11:40 AM
Werbeck
Tourer

Which size do you have on your bike? Medium? It looks good, any larger might not, I'm thinking of getting one.

Old 05-29-2008, 03:15 PM
ZX2BY2U
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I've got the XL size (to go with my XL).
It was kind of pricey, but I love the large storage area & the backrest really does help aLOT to reduce fatigue on longer rides. It's big enough for a full face helmet, heavy leather jacket, gloves& a pair of cowboy boots, with a little extra room to spare.
I don't regret my purchase one bit.

Old 05-29-2008, 03:55 PM
plysat
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Werbeck

Which size do you have on your bike? Medium? It looks good, any larger might not, I'm thinking of getting one.
I just ordered a medium (11" x 15")... been considering it for a while. Looked at the cheapo ebay versions, but they didn't seem as well made or secure.. you can pretty much lock these up tight, and to the bike. For my purposes, a medium measures out good. It'll hold random bungies/locks, tools, plus a couple bags of groceries, or pack a lunch and beach stuff, lock up the gear or jam in clothes for a weekend. L or XL would hold more, but for me the M met the looks vs. practicality test. I'll post pics when I get it...

Old 05-29-2008, 05:47 PM
running back
Cruiser

I have checked them out before I even got my bike and thats the first thing I am grtting in a month or so. I think they look as good as they are functional with that back rest.

Quick Reply: Roll Bags