Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bag Option for the Nightster

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 07:59 PM
ghostflames
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bag Option for the Nightster

I am sure I am like a lot of folks who needs space to stow stuff on a longer ride, but doesn't want to go too far and ruin the looks of the bike. I had read some posts with different thoughts - here is what I came up with:

Its a small tube bag from Saddleman. I got it from my stealer for $30...which I thought was a solid deal. It attached perfectly to the rack - but I mounted it pretty solid with the included straps and some wire ties. Remove the rack - and the bag goes with it. On my ride yesterday I had a jacket, gloves, a bottle of water, and a baseball cap in there with no problem.

Old 10-05-2008, 08:10 PM
Aaron01
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is an incredible deal and it looks very good on the bike! I am going to show this to my friend for her Sporty.

Old 10-05-2008, 08:13 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I ended up getting a Saddleman bag as well for my luggage rack. Like you said, it works great and comes off in secs

Attached Thumbnails Bag Option for the Nightster-bag.jpg  
Old 10-05-2008, 08:17 PM
WillieD
Cruiser

That’s exactly the same system I employ. I'm using a HD roll bag I paid $89 for. When I don't carry the rack & roll bag I also use a Pacsafe helmet bag I attach to my belt and when I get to where I'm going I can lock up my helmet, leather jacket, radar detector, ect...to the bike running the Pacsafe cable thru the wheel and frame there by doing double duty. By the way nice bike but what is that shinny tube thing on the left side of your bike above the shifter?

Old 10-05-2008, 08:50 PM
ghostflames
Advanced

Originally Posted by WillieD
That’s exactly the same system I employ. I'm using a HD roll bag I paid $89 for. When I don't carry the rack & roll bag I also use a Pacsafe helmet bag I attach to my belt and when I get to where I'm going I can lock up my helmet, leather jacket, radar detector, ect...to the bike running the Pacsafe cable thru the wheel and frame there by doing double duty. By the way nice bike but what is that shinny tube thing on the left side of your bike above the shifter?
Its a Pingle Electric Shifter. I have a bad ankle and up till now have always ridden bikes with Heel/Toe. I really wanted a Nightster when I first saw them at the bike shows a couple years ago and so when the local stealer put one of these on a Trike for a guy who had a fake leg I thought it might work for me on a Sporty. It's similar to the air shifters they put on drag bikes - but an electric solenoid replaces the air ram and there is an ignition kill so you dont have to use the clutch. Its pretty cool when you want to show off a bit - full throttle shifts with no clutch gives you a bit of an upper hand I usually use the clucth to be safe...

Old 10-05-2008, 09:39 PM
Werbeck
Tourer

That looks good, looks like it will retain it's shape pretty well.

Old 10-05-2008, 10:21 PM
Mark g
Outstanding HDF Member

When the function is needed, I don't worry to much about the looks. Ya need what ya need.

I do like the look of my bike the best with nothing but a fork bag. I do have a small set of throw over saddle bags and a back pack for the OL if were getting carried away!

Attached Thumbnails Bag Option for the Nightster-000_0001_0001.jpg  
Old 10-05-2008, 10:25 PM
RMT
Cruiser

Looks good. A friend of mine has a similar setup for his Street Bob. I thought about doing the same thing if I put a solo seat on my 883c.

Old 10-06-2008, 05:03 PM
June Bug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have something very similar that hubby originally bought for his Night Train, but he traded in for an EG, and I inherited it. I really like it. I only have a little Motherwell rack on my Nighster and it fits perfect and really holds quite a lot. With that and my saddlebags, I can hold quite a bit.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:39 PM
thetick1959
Cruiser

I have willie & max compact slants on mine and I think they look pretty good. (Sorry no pic yet)

Quick Reply: Bag Option for the Nightster