Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Sportster Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sportster-models-10/)
-   -   Nightsters with windshield (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sportster-models/286996-nightsters-with-windshield.html)

jamesdeanblvd 10-18-2008 10:24 AM

Nightsters with windshield

How many riders have purchased windshields for their Nightsters? If so, do you have any pics? I'm wanting to purchase the mini HD apes, but, I'm not sure what they would look like with a windshield. To be honest, I'm not sure how the Nightster will look with a shield on, period. I enjoy riding without a shield, but, as some of you know, the weather and bugs in Indiana, are very unpredictable. Thanks again.

NightPunch07 10-18-2008 12:40 PM

I saw one at my local bike-shop w/ a windshield but he had the stock bars on it. It looked pretty rediculous. I would get a fullface helmet before i got a windshield.

vegasrock 10-18-2008 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by NightPunch07 (Post 4007009)
I saw one at my local bike-shop w/ a windshield but he had the stock bars on it. It looked pretty rediculous. I would get a fullface helmet before i got a windshield.

+1 to that

pococj 10-18-2008 12:57 PM

I bought the QD windshield for my Nightster. Most times I ride without it. When it gets into the 40s or lower, the ugly thing goes on. I ride year 'round, and I really don't care what someone else thinks it looks like while I'm passing them in their cage.

In the past I had bad shoulder problems, and still get severe tendonitis (above and below the elbow) a couple times a year. Crap might last a couple months. The windshield goes on when it happens so I can keep on riding. Otherwise the pain becomes too much, and I gotta cage it 'til the inflammation goes down. Once again, who gives a crap what anyone else thinks? I'm still riding.

Almomatic 10-18-2008 10:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a pic of my nightster with the QD windshield. I kinda agree about the looks of it but I don't like bugs either. I just bought the mini apes for it and hopefully it will improve the looks a little. Anyone have a pic of the mini apes???

thetick1959 10-19-2008 08:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My memphis del rey looks good.

confederate 10-19-2008 11:42 AM

I have a Memphis Shades Classic Deuce sport shield on mine. I love the look without it, but it makes riding much more enjoyable. Plus, I've never given a rats ass what anyone thinks as it is MY bike. You can see what it looks like with HD mini apes in my photo gallery.

Werbeck 10-19-2008 01:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I agree, they kind of suck, but sometimes a necessary evil on long trips. Here's my XLN in her "cross country" gear with windshield.

harleychicknj 10-20-2008 01:24 PM

I have the same windshield as werbeck and I get many compliments on my bike and alot of people want to know where they can get the same one. Not sure what their ride is, but the "windscreen" style looks pretty good and keeps the wind off your chest. I never leave home without it!

jamesdeanblvd 10-20-2008 07:16 PM

Thanks for everyones reply. It's nice to have pics to help make a good decision.