Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**How Many Iron 883 Owners Out There?**

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 11:07 PM
boywonda
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got my iron a 2 weeks ago. 1st bike taking the class next month! Cant wait...

Old 09-30-2010, 12:05 AM
minalaker
Intermediate

Well, I just spent another hour or so looking at a bunch of different posts on this thread and I am just amazed at all the different looks you can get out of the same bike.

Keep up the good work guys!!!

Old 09-30-2010, 02:49 AM
Brennr
Cruiser

Originally Posted by MokeyJoe
You will enjoy it! Ride safe!
Tanks bro... i cant wait!!!!

Old 10-01-2010, 04:32 PM
beringer
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Guys, Im new to the forum, and new to Harleys..Im in the UK, and i,ve been riding Supermoto bikes for the last 12 years (weekends backlane scratching and loads of Trackdays)..Well a couple of months ago i got talking to a guy with a new 2010 Iron in black outside my local KTM Dealers, and since that day i have thought of nothing else apart from buying one..Im 45 and riding supermoto is becoming harder on my back, and its taking me 2 days to recover after a (spirited) trackday attacking Sportsbikes...I,ve been following this thread for a few weeks and my mind is made up...I NEED an Iron with V+H Shortshots.Im going back to my local HD Dealership tomorrow as i have been waiting a couple of weeks for them to get their Demo in for me to test ride.....Can anyone put my mind at rest..Im used to riding a KTM that weighs in at 115kg, wheelies like a demented animal and makes me ride like a Hooligan , But i know getting an Iron is the right thing, i just worry at 5'7in and 140lb im going to get on with such a change of bike.......Si

Old 10-01-2010, 04:45 PM
sexpanther
Cruiser

Originally Posted by beringer
Hi Guys, Im new to the forum, and new to Harleys..Im in the UK, and i,ve been riding Supermoto bikes for the last 12 years (weekends backlane scratching and loads of Trackdays)..Well a couple of months ago i got talking to a guy with a new 2010 Iron in black outside my local KTM Dealers, and since that day i have thought of nothing else apart from buying one..Im 45 and riding supermoto is becoming harder on my back, and its taking me 2 days to recover after a (spirited) trackday attacking Sportsbikes...I,ve been following this thread for a few weeks and my mind is made up...I NEED an Iron with V+H Shortshots.Im going back to my local HD Dealership tomorrow as i have been waiting a couple of weeks for them to get their Demo in for me to test ride.....Can anyone put my mind at rest..Im used to riding a KTM that weighs in at 115kg, wheelies like a demented animal and makes me ride like a Hooligan , But i know getting an Iron is the right thing, i just worry at 5'7in and 140lb im going to get on with such a change of bike.......Si
Hi Beringer, welcome to the forums from another uk member

well dude a ktm to a sporty is quite a change - i think going for a test ride is very good idea - and make it a long one.

i came from a sportsbike to an iron about a year ago - its completely different ride altogether.

its heavier, slower and a lot less nimble etc etc but I was ready for the change as sportsbikes were going to be the death of me (and my licence)

turns out i love just poodling around on it. sure I get smoked at the lights by 125's but i love the sporty, the way it makes me feel and wouldnt change it for the world

Old 10-01-2010, 04:48 PM
reflux
Novice

hello everyone! just got back from my dealership to put the down payment on my iron! 7999 otd for a 2011 and another grand for pipes, forward controls, and heavy breather. def can't wait to ride this thing when i pick it up on tuesday!

Old 10-01-2010, 05:14 PM
warrick
Banned

Originally Posted by beringer

I am just about the same size as you, did lots of trail riding as a kid. I had not rode in 20 years, picked up an Iron, have not stopped smiling since.

Enjoy.

Old 10-01-2010, 07:13 PM
ironhead9813
6th Gear

Hey guys. New to the forum. Just got a 2010 Iron 883 this past Monday and I love it! I flipped the mirrors yesterday as posted early in this thread, what a difference. I added a Willie G Skull derby cover and air cleaner insert. I will add pics tomorrow. I did have a question however, anyone know the torque specs for the rider pegs? I had to remove the left one to install the derby cover and the dealer is already closed. I will buy a service manual later, but I plan to ride tomorrow. Any ideas? Thanks!

Old 10-02-2010, 08:31 PM
ironmofo
Cruiser

add me to the list of new iron owners. here's a thread i posted before finding this thread.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sport...mild-mods.html

Old 10-03-2010, 06:18 AM
beringer
Cruiser

Still no Demo Iron for me to test ride at my local HD Dealership.....I just wanna ride one..

Quick Reply: **How Many Iron 883 Owners Out There?**