Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**How Many Iron 883 Owners Out There?**

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 12:48 PM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use the Mr. Clean auto dry car was on the wife's

Old 10-11-2009, 01:18 PM
jynxta1
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whattup, just wanna get some opinions on addin a passenger seat and sisy bar to my iron......wife is just wanting to go with me ridin.....any thoughts on this....thanks

Old 10-11-2009, 03:25 PM
jman04
Novice
Default bitchin seat

How was it putting it on?? relocating the fi and all that...looks way cool!!

Old 10-11-2009, 03:50 PM
taffymarsden
6th Gear

Looks great! How did you manage flipping the mirror on the right hand side? It looks to me that even if you take of the indicator to fit the mirror the indicator won't go back on. Do you need to modify the mirror or indicator at all? Hi from Australia where the Iron has only been on the market for two weeks so there aren't a lot of them around yet, Gil

Old 10-11-2009, 03:53 PM
taffymarsden
6th Gear

Originally Posted by HarleyChic5998
Ok, my first bike, first Harley first Matte Black finish. And she needs a bath. Tips on the best materials to use without scratching? Worried about the finish I guess, don't want to scratch my baby!
Easy to clean. If really dirty just swab it down with dish washer detergent in a bucket of water then wipe it down with a towel. For small finger marks just give it a squirt of ammonia based window cleaner. The easiest bike ever to keep clean quickly - goodbye chrome.

Old 10-11-2009, 04:33 PM
btamburro
Advanced

If I have a lot of heavy dirt deposits on the bike I hose it down first with a "shower" type spray from the hose; then saturate a clean car wash sponge with warm soapy water from a bucket and wring it out over the bike and then rise with the hose. Then I wash it just like you would wash anything else. I feel this method flushes away any nasties that might get caught in the sponge and scratch the finish. FYI, I've had great luck with Meguire's quick detailer for rubbing the bike down. Brings it back to "show-room quality" bright without shining up the paint. I feel prolonged use of an ammonia based cleaner such as glass cleaner will eventually break down the paint (yes, I do realize Harley recommends glass cleaner in the owner's manual). After I wash it I also use Mother's Back to Black on the front fork gaiters and the foot-rests; makes 'em look like they are fresh off the line after a quick buff. It's also a good idea to rub your wheels down with S100 to keep the brake dust from tarnishing them. Spray it on a rag and then rub the wheels with it.

If the bike is just dusty or linty, I hit it with a California Duster and rub it down with some quick detailer.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:15 PM
dk_iron
4th Gear

Originally Posted by jynxta1
whattup, just wanna get some opinions on addin a passenger seat and sisy bar to my iron......wife is just wanting to go with me ridin.....any thoughts on this....thanks
I tried the Sundowner seat but didn't like it; probably should sell it. Settled for the passenger pillion with the single one-piece sissy bar and luggage rack, new for 2010. They work great.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:42 AM
louis1325
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default pics of my iron

Here's a few pics of my iron. Did a few mods and cut off a few things. Still more to do.

Attached Thumbnails **How Many Iron 883 Owners Out There?**-bike1.jpg   **How Many Iron 883 Owners Out There?**-bike2.jpg   **How Many Iron 883 Owners Out There?**-bike3.jpg   **How Many Iron 883 Owners Out There?**-bike4.jpg  
Old 10-13-2009, 04:04 AM
sftosendai
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thought I'd post mine in the Iron Only Thread...

Mods are as follows:
09 Harley-Davidson XL883N
S/E A/C
Power Commander V
Radii Slash Out slip-on mufflers
Tank lift & Coil/Speedo Relocation
Side Mount for Japan license plate
White U-shaped Z-bars, White Grips,
White A/C cover off Nighters(rattle canned)
Chrome Derby/Inspection Covers
Flipped Right-side mirror(left is gone)
Detachable Rear Rack
A couple Willie G doo-dads
White Wheel Striping
-Already have so Soon to come: RK shocks & 1.75"
Tamarack lowering kit, & superbrace

For all those that chimed in to my post, thanks, and to those who haven't ion this thread, lemme know what you think. Love this forum so much and appreciate everything I get from here. Happy riding to everyone.
See ya from Japan, Court

Attached Thumbnails **How Many Iron 883 Owners Out There?**-small-2.jpg   **How Many Iron 883 Owners Out There?**-small-3.jpg   **How Many Iron 883 Owners Out There?**-small-8.jpg   **How Many Iron 883 Owners Out There?**-small-9.jpg   **How Many Iron 883 Owners Out There?**-small-6.jpg  

Old 10-13-2009, 04:05 AM
doktorzoom
2nd Gear

Louis1325,
grest looking bike you have...i recently got my own Iron and i want to put a black drag bar like the one you have. where did you get it ..from your local HD Store?
Can you give me the exact specs like...width..pullback...and the place you got it from. Hoping they will ship to Europe..
If anybody has a very similar drag bar and knows where to get it please let me know.

Quick Reply: **How Many Iron 883 Owners Out There?**