Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loudest Pipes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2016, 07:27 AM
Madison Bill
Road Warrior

Received 1,027 Likes on 507 Posts

Originally Posted by KCCO-Forty Eight
Wow, someone really thought it was a good idea to drag what is probably the least helpful post on all of HDF back to the top after it's been hidden for 2 1/2 years? Guess they didn't bother to read the first 18 pages of 90% nonsense...

Hopefully this post gets buried again and quick, I shouldn't have even posted this honestly.
I would much rather read posts about pipes than read anything on
(Show pics of your sporty bagger).

Old 07-16-2016, 10:51 PM
scottylonebull
Road Master
Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Madison Bill
I would much rather read posts about pipes than read anything on "Show pics of your sporty bagger".
true story lol

Old 07-16-2016, 10:59 PM
scottylonebull
Road Master
Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts

and I might as well add my 2 cents...when I was younger, I had a set of 2" white bros straight pipes on my road king. they were ridiculously loud. the last time I got pulled over with them it was by a Nassau county cop who said I rattled the windows of his police booth. he literally tried to run me off the road. I used to set off every car alarm on the side streets of Brooklyn & Queens on purpose.
like I said, that was when I was a kid. ive switched up the pipes now to much quieter pipes since i'm older, plus New York & long island are busting ***** a lot harder now on bike with loud pipes.

Old 07-17-2016, 04:49 AM
hscic
Elite HDF Member
Received 544 Likes on 463 Posts

I would much rather read posts about pipes than read anything on
(Show pics of your sporty bagger).
Now you had to go and pick on sporty baggers...the purpose of the thread you are referring to "is to bring this specialized group together to collaborate and share ideas" similar to the thread on "what did you do to your sportster today"....there are also threads on posting pics of your sporty and they seem to be the ones that get the most hits...why? so members can get ideas on new mods, show off their rides, resolve issues, etc.....I also have a thread on posting sound videos on pipes...why? to help members who are looking for new pipes - so they can hear and see the pipes and ask questions on performance, fitment, or installation before they pull the trigger.

Different strokes for different folks.....you can certainly read-on about loudest pipes.

Last edited by hscic; 07-17-2016 at 04:53 AM.
Old 07-17-2016, 07:00 AM
Madison Bill
Road Warrior

look I don’t have a problem with different strokes for different folks or bringing specialized groups together that's what a forum is all about.

I don't have a problem when you turn a beautiful motorcycle into a bagger and keep it in the privacy of your garage, It's when they exhibit said Sporty bagger blatantly in public that’s another story.

Old 07-17-2016, 12:42 PM
hscic
Elite HDF Member
Received 544 Likes on 463 Posts

look I don’t have a problem with different strokes for different folks or bringing specialized groups together that's what a forum is all about.

I don't have a problem when you turn a beautiful motorcycle into a bagger and keep it in the privacy of your garage, It's when they exhibit said Sporty bagger blatantly in public that’s another story.
We all own sporties, be it a bagger or not, to ride. Not sure what you mean "exhibit said Sporty bagger blatantly in public"...perhaps you are referring to those slammed to the ground huge front wheel baggers....then I would agree with you....I only see those at large gatherings. I think most of us sporty baggers have baggers to carry stuff around. Enough said.

Old 07-17-2016, 02:15 PM
Guzzi
Road Warrior
Received 105 Likes on 98 Posts

I just got back from the store with a 12 pack, fajitas and trimmings for the grill.

Try that on your "beautiful" sporty.

The following users liked this post:
hscic (07-17-2016)
Old 07-17-2016, 07:27 PM
hexnut
Banned
Received 224 Likes on 176 Posts

I rather like my sporty bagger, Its for me and no one else, get over it.

Name:  SDC10500_zpsafdwcajz.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  147.5 KB

Old 07-18-2016, 08:21 AM
Madison Bill
Road Warrior

I see the Sporty bagger crowd can't take a joke. It was all about poking a little fun at your bikes. Relax! All I would like to ask is please ride those at night.

Old 10-04-2018, 11:54 PM
tacticalgunner
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude, your from Mt Holly, the only reason you don't like loud pipes is because the trailer parks won't let you have them lol
kidding, i am originally from Stanley!

Quick Reply: Loudest Pipes?