Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

883 Iron . . . Which seat??

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 01:25 PM
Alex HD
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hungoverdog
I've got the passenger seat that adds to your exisiting stock seat, the missus loves it! Check my gallery for the looks. I must be one of the few people out there that likes the stock seat of the iron.

I've got the mini apes but I'm in the process of finding some higher risers as they're just not tall enough now...

This looks like my cat Dave.

Haha! Dave is a cool name for a cat, mine's called lennard!

i love the stock seat too fella but the my bird is crazing me to get a two-up number! my first reply was "i would babe but i think they're about £500!!" then the guy in the dealership uncovered my lying mouth and revealed the hard facts about the "cheapness" of the badlander!

loving the IRON. my first Harley. was a sports bike fan and converted to this way of riding and it has been the smartest thing i have done! but i have no one to ride with now though

i live in the UK, i see u do too??

also im wanting the mini apes! what ones are urs and how are they over stock apart from the looks?

cheers dude!

Old 07-26-2010, 01:57 AM
hungoverdog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alex HD
Haha! Dave is a cool name for a cat, mine's called lennard!

i love the stock seat too fella but the my bird is crazing me to get a two-up number! my first reply was "i would babe but i think they're about £500!!" then the guy in the dealership uncovered my lying mouth and revealed the hard facts about the "cheapness" of the badlander!

loving the IRON. my first Harley. was a sports bike fan and converted to this way of riding and it has been the smartest thing i have done! but i have no one to ride with now though

i live in the UK, i see u do too??

also im wanting the mini apes! what ones are urs and how are they over stock apart from the looks?

cheers dude!
Lennard is a great name for a cat too!

The pillion pad I have is good, made by Harley, and fits on to you solo seat very quickly, to be honest it's the only reason why I haven't bought a proper 2-up seat! That way I don't have to get used to a diiferent seat every 3 days!

All my mates ride sports bikes, so I mainly ride with them...always a challenge...or I ride on my own.

I'm in London, you?

The mini apes are the Harley ones, apart from the knurling being slightly off centre, they're great. I find them really comfy. I've got some higher risers on order to make them a little higher and bring the clamp up to the top of the tank after the tank lift.

Safe riding dude

Old 07-26-2010, 08:25 AM
sexpanther
Cruiser

hey dude- good to see another UK rider on here

feel your pain on the mrs wanting to tag along. I like my solo seat and reckon a 2-up ruins the looks but for a quiet life i looked into it. heres the story so far.

Bought a 2-up seat off ebay. best place for them, loads of peeps change there seats out so you can get super cheap ones on ebay uk. have a look.

anyways, it was the bandlander seat. was pretty comfy except the other half kept moaning that she felt she was slipping off the back and her **** hurt. I wasnt keen on forking out god knows how much dosh on sideplates and sissy bars, so i flogged the badlander and bought a HD detachable pillion seat on ebay - not mine, but heres an example

anyhow it stopped the "falling off the back" feeling but i think it looks terrible on my iron and the mrs says its still uncomfortable.

so my solution was - i bought her a CBT motorcycle training day so she can get her own bike. should have done it in the first place - a lot cheaper!

Last edited by sexpanther; 07-26-2010 at 08:30 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Alex HD
6th Gear

Thanks for that Gentlemen!

looks like i will pur-chase one of those extra bolt on jobs. they look alright as you say and probably the cheapest way out too. the plan is to get one, get her on the back and ride like a right **** so she never wants another go!! haha, just kiddin. i aint that mean (mostly!!) kiddin again!

yeah all my mates have sportsbikes, as did i! but i cant even face riding with them now anyways and i think they feel the same likewise!

i am gettin tired of riding alone though. nice to be in a pack sometimes!

i live in a place called Bury St edmunds which is just over a hour north east of London!

Loving the Bandit pic but why the name 'sex panther' ?

Jokes!!

take it squeezy

alex Do do do the funky chicken

Old 08-08-2010, 06:04 PM
MAKER
Intermediate

i like curry chips. can i be in the english club?

Old 08-09-2010, 03:57 AM
hungoverdog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes you can be in our club Maker!!!

Alex, you're from Bury? Man, I grew up in Stowmarket!!!!!!!!!!!!

Small world fella.

Old 08-09-2010, 05:42 AM
AmmoHouse
Cruiser

I really don't like the looks of 2up on the Iron but the wife finally said she would ride with me.
The most comfortable seats really look like crap...IMHO.
I went with what I thought wasn't too bad.
Mine is the Badlander. I also added saddlebags which I'm not sure I like either...but it is nice to finally be able to carry some crap with me.
The wife said its not too bad, but she's a nervous wreck when she rides anyway.
My 14yr old son said its kinda small, but he's NOT going to scoot up next to me like the wife does...that wouldn't be cool....but he really LOVES to ride.
So here is the way she looks now. She'll probably stay like this....until I get a bigger bike in a few years.

Here's a pic from the day I got her to show the difference. I have different pipes on now but I kept the wrapped look:

Last edited by AmmoHouse; 08-09-2010 at 05:47 AM.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:15 PM
sexpanther
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Alex HD
Thanks for that Gentlemen!

looks like i will pur-chase one of those extra bolt on jobs. they look alright as you say and probably the cheapest way out too. the plan is to get one, get her on the back and ride like a right **** so she never wants another go!! haha, just kiddin. i aint that mean (mostly!!) kiddin again!

yeah all my mates have sportsbikes, as did i! but i cant even face riding with them now anyways and i think they feel the same likewise!

i am gettin tired of riding alone though. nice to be in a pack sometimes!

i live in a place called Bury St edmunds which is just over a hour north east of London!

Loving the Bandit pic but why the name 'sex panther' ?

Jokes!!

take it squeezy

alex Do do do the funky chicken

maybe sort some kind of ride out with all us uk fellas and birds on here!

sexpanther - illegal in 9 countries. "Anchorman" quote, love that movie

Old 08-12-2010, 02:28 PM
Alex HD
6th Gear

[quote=AmmoHouse;7118268]I really don't like the looks of 2up on the Iron but the wife finally said she would ride with me.
The most comfortable seats really look like crap...IMHO.
I went with what I thought wasn't too bad.
Mine is the Badlander. I also added saddlebags which I'm not sure I like either...but it is nice to finally be able to carry some crap with me.
The wife said its not too bad, but she's a nervous wreck when she rides anyway.
My 14yr old son said its kinda small, but he's NOT going to scoot up next to me like the wife does...that wouldn't be cool....but he really LOVES to ride.
So here is the way she looks now. She'll probably stay like this....until I get a bigger bike in a few years.

Here's a pic from the day I got her to show the difference. I have different pipes on now but I kept the wrapped look:

l
looks cool i think dude. i was looking at the badlander myself. i still think it looks best with the solo stocker tho. i will just have to drag the lady behind me on a bit of rope! jokes!

Old 08-12-2010, 02:35 PM
Alex HD
6th Gear

Originally Posted by hungoverdog
Yes you can be in our club Maker!!!

Alex, you're from Bury? Man, I grew up in Stowmarket!!!!!!!!!!!!

Small world fella.
Fookin hell! i've lived there too (for 6 months anyway). get up this way much now? let me know next time and we could hook up for a scoot about??

madness

Quick Reply: 883 Iron . . . Which seat??