Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Sportster Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sportster-models-10/)
-   -   new super low tomorrow (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sportster-models/574409-new-super-low-tomorrow.html)

XL50#674 10-20-2010 08:42 AM

I love the looks of the Superlow, but I agree that it needs a set of Forwards-hell all sportys do and mid suck by the way. I have just as good of control with my forwards.

fixedmlc 10-20-2010 08:55 AM

Or consider a set of highway pegs out front for the option to stretch out.

Pixiechitos 10-20-2010 11:00 AM

Forwards...word

HOTLAP 10-20-2010 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by XL50#674 (Post 7433215)
it needs a set of Forwards-hell all sportys do and mid suck by the way.

uh...not.

10-20-2010 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by XL50#674 (Post 7433215)
I love the looks of the Superlow, but I agree that it needs a set of Forwards-hell all sportys do and mid suck by the way. I have just as good of control with my forwards.

No, they don't "need" forwards. More importantly, you do NOT have just as good of control with forwards. It simply isn't possible, the laws of physics will not allow it. You may be more comfortable with forwards, but that is not the same as being in control. Not possible, not nohow, not no way. Ain't never gonna happen.

Originally Posted by HOTLAP (Post 7434257)
uh...not.

exactly!

2011Deluxe 10-20-2010 02:50 PM

Forward controls make riding soooo much better especially on a Sporty.

10-20-2010 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by thegrants82 (Post 7434592)
Forward controls make riding soooo much better especially on a Sporty.

Wow. Y'all really need to work on using the right word. The ride can be more comfortable, but there is no possible way for it to be "better."

HOTLAP 10-20-2010 03:22 PM

Really what people on here need to do is post that "their opinion" is such & such, not post their opinion as if it's fact.
Some like forwards & some don't, some like apes & some don't, some like windshields & some don't.
If you want to post your opinion that's fine but don't post it as if it applies to everyone.

veritas.archangel 10-20-2010 03:32 PM

Unless you're doing all out corner blitzing (e.g. Road Racing), then the mids vs forwards is solely a comfort thing. The "control" you gain with mids in normal, every-day, cruizing is minimal.

10-20-2010 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by HOTLAP (Post 7434738)
Really what people on here need to do is post that "their opinion" is such & such, not post their opinion as if it's fact.
Some like forwards & some don't, some like apes & some don't, some like windshields & some don't.
If you want to post your opinion that's fine but don't post it as if it applies to everyone.

This isn't my "opinion," it is a fact. Irrefutable, immutable, all the time, in all conditions. Forward controls is a mis-nomer. They are forward, but there is no control. Apes are like forwards... they offer comfort (I love them on the long open road), but not control. Windshields is a matter of opinion, mostly, although there are potential handling downsides to many of them as well. I don't like them, but that is my opinion. I prefer fairings, but prefer a naked bike even more.

Originally Posted by veritas.archangel (Post 7434769)
Unless you're doing all out corner blitzing (e.g. Road Racing), then the mids vs forwards is solely a comfort thing. The "control" you gain with mids in normal, every-day, cruizing is minimal.

Unless you define "minimal" as "unnoticeable," in which case I would still argue the point. Don't get me wrong, I've had forwards, I will again. I find them comfortable on certain bikes and certain layouts. That doesn't make them better, nor do I confuse comfort with control. Mids and rear-sets offer far superior control in ALL situations, all the time, than forwards can.