Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big New Biker - Sportster 883

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 07:00 AM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by tennesseemustangperf
i like the streamers, osco...
But you should not be riding your bike on the sidewalk.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Old 01-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Big Col 0709
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Osco
To each his own,,
If It feels good do It,,,

If yer worried what you will look like to others,,,,
Yer a Poser XD
I'm not worried about what I look Like, it's all the short ***** on here that keep telling me I'll look like a monkey on a football...........some guys are obviously wound up about how they appear to everyone else.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:08 PM
softone
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buy what you want but I'd suggest counting your cash and watching for a good deal on a slightly larger bike. The deals are out there and you might be more comfortable with a different frame. By the time you futz with changes for your tall body, you've cha-chinged yourself to a different bike.

Old 01-08-2011, 11:31 PM
kahaone
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Col 0709
I'm not worried about what I look Like, it's all the short ***** on here that keep telling me I'll look like a monkey on a football...........some guys are obviously wound up about how they appear to everyone else.
This is the last time I'll say it.

YOU came on here and asked if you'll "fit" on a Sportster. Um, you were worried about being too tall. Many people have stated that yes, you are too tall to look normal and be comfortable (some of us were more blunt and honest and said you'll look more like an idiot, but also gave you a list of mods to make it a better fit for you).

I'm sorry if you don't like the answers you have gotten. Maybe next time you ask a question, just tell us what answer you want to hear, and we will oblige you.

Originally Posted by Big Col 0709
I'm not worried about what I look Like
So, what were you worried about?? Are you worried about whether or not you can reach the foot pegs?? If so, I'd say that yes you can probably reach them without too much of a stretch.

Huh, I have size 10 feet......but I wonder if size 6 shoes would fit me OK?

Last edited by kahaone; 01-08-2011 at 11:34 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by kahaone
This is the last time I'll say it.

YOU came on here and asked if you'll "fit" on a Sportster. Um, you were worried about being too tall. Many people have stated that yes, you are too tall to look normal and be comfortable (some of us were more blunt and honest and said you'll look more like an idiot, but also gave you a list of mods to make it a better fit for you).

I'm sorry if you don't like the answers you have gotten. Maybe next time you ask a question, just tell us what answer you want to hear, and we will oblige you.

So, what were you worried about?? Are you worried about whether or not you can reach the foot pegs?? If so, I'd say that yes you can probably reach them without too much of a stretch.

Huh, I have size 10 feet......but I wonder if size 6 shoes would fit me OK?
Why do you have to be rude and wrong at the same time???

He asked if he will fit, not if he will look good doing it. You reply by berating him for saying he doesn't care how he'll look, then you say he won't fit, which isn't necessarily true. You don't know what riding position he likes, nor anything else about him, except that he is considering a Sportster. Most likely, he will fit on a stock Sportster as they are built to fit most people right from the factory. What pegs he needs/wants varies on the desired seating position more than on size. If he's too tall, Harley offers a Tall-Boy seat. His best bet is to go to a dealer with a "Fit Shop," sit on the damn thing, and see what it will take to make him comfortable, and go from there. Even if he does wind up spending more than buying a Big Twin, he'll be on the better bike, and if he's happy, why do you care?

Old 01-09-2011, 08:01 AM
kahaone
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

la-la-la Butterflies and rainbows la-la-la

Last edited by kahaone; 01-10-2011 at 10:51 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 10:13 AM
tallj2000
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im 6'5" 230lbs. I started out on a 883c. Had it for about a year and a half and got tired of it. I upgraded the bike to fit me better but was still uncomfortable on long rides. I could go about 80 miles then I was ready to get off. I installed a set of 12 mini apes, sundowner seat, extended the forward controls out 2" and added road king air shocks. It all made a huge difference. If you really want a Sportster I say get at least a 1200. The extra power is worth it. As big as you are I would say start on a dyna. You might be happier in the long run. At least I would have. The Sportster is a great bike dont get me wrong I could just never make it comfortable for long rides. It was great around town. The pic is when the bike was stock so you can kind of figure out what you might look like on one. The other pic is after I modified it to fit better.

Attached Thumbnails Big New Biker - Sportster 883-baby-hog.jpg   Big New Biker - Sportster 883-mini-apes.jpg  
Old 01-09-2011, 10:55 AM
DeD Fred
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gotta agree with make it fit. The stock seats are crap. I would not even take the 112 mile ride home with it on. Changed to a Sundowner at the stealer, it was back further and up higher.
I did ride it home with the stock bars on it. Then removed them. I started with drag bars, but it was a bit of a back pull over my 150 mile daily ride. So I went to a superbar, which is a drag bar with a 2 inch back pull. With forward controls, It hauls my big *** back and forth with comfort.

I used to own a dyna-saur, there was no difference in how it fit. Big difference no how if rode, and handled.

I will keep my sporty, it fits me & my needs just fine.