Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Winter Riding Gloves

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 12:11 AM
mpaquette
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts
Default RE: Winter Riding Gloves

I think the only good solution here is to move some place warm. [sm=biker.gif]

Old 10-27-2006, 04:10 PM
guitarenigma
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sleepneagle's got it right. cozywinters.com Warm Gear electric gloves; get the SAE connector and also the on/off switch since these things do get really warm and you'll want the convenience of reaching down next to your left leg to turn them off now and then, and plug right in to your battery tender pigtail.
My Gore-Tex pants from Cabela's have a tool/hammer loop on the left side; I run the wire through that and the switch stays handy enough to use without having to stop.

Old 10-27-2006, 04:40 PM
alexcue
Road Master

ORIGINAL: sleepneagle

don't like bulky gloves.
That's my biggest problem with winter gloves. the bulk makes them real tiring to close and keep closed around the grip. No, I'm not that much of a pipsqueak, but I've had bi-lateral carpul tunnel surgery, which in english means, i've have had both hands/wrist cut open and don't have the hand strength i once had.

I'm gonna try some goretex lined gloves w/gauntlet and see how those work. any recommendations?

Old 10-27-2006, 04:46 PM
guitarenigma
Cruiser

I have the H-D FXRG leather/gore-tex gauntlets. They were O.K. down to about 50 degrees even in the rain, but I had to go with the heated ones for anything colder.
Believe it or not, I found that the leather was so much more supple on the heated ones that my hands were actually less fatigued than with the H-Ds. And I really didn't find that there was a whole lot of difference in the bulk.

Old 10-28-2006, 10:10 PM
sumncguy
Road Warrior

Received 220 Likes on 134 Posts

Hey ******* ... Hurdle Mills is right around, Hillsborough, Roxboro, Caldwell, Durham.

Take Guess Rd. on I-85 14.1 miles past the blinking stop light. Continue about 5-9 miles more and you will be in beautiful downtown Hurdle Mills. Consists of basically a one room post office 2 gas stations, a general feed joint, a mechanic or two and ummmmm .. yeah dats it.

Nice roads to ride on around here. Nice and quite.

Anyway back to the post topic ....

He goes the gloves I bought. I did go cheapy and use the ones I had bought from Walmart while living in upstate New York around ten years back but they had no gauntlet. These do ....

[IMG]local://upfiles/16495/24F72C016FB2415F8D439AF87C7E736E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-29-2006, 02:05 AM
rharrison
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I picked up a pair of elk-leather gloves (WARM and flexible) at Cabella's for $25. Black, no ornimation.

Old 11-03-2006, 12:47 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Well, after I ordered the gloves the weather warmed back up, so I didn't ride with them until yesterday and last night. They are a bit bulky, but all of them seem to be. They are very warm. I think it was down to about 38 by the time I got home last night, and my hands were plenty warm. The leather is actually surprisingly soft and high quality. I think for $14.00 (plus a small shipping charge) I'm happy with them. Here is the link for the gloves I have.

http://www.jafrum.com/Leather-Gloves...ith-Rain-Cover

Old 11-03-2006, 10:12 PM
Broken Leg Rider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try the top of the line Stormcloth wind/water proof hunting mittens. I find that I can ride just fine with them and they work four times better than five finger thinsulate gortez gloves. About $40.

Actually, these are for my 13 degree 45 mph 4 wheeler pre-dawn trips to the hunting area.

Old 11-04-2006, 12:24 AM
gmerr2
Cruiser

army surplus black leather. no liner needed.....it was 27 this morning and my 30 minute ride down the interstate was pretty comfortable.....but then again, I am a rugby player used to playing for 3 hours at a time in freezing temps in just a pair of shorts and a shirt on. lol

Old 11-04-2006, 12:28 AM
eggroll
Road Master

I'll try my heated grips with Gore-Tex ski gloves and liners, just as soon as it stops dumping rain around here. Probably June.[:@]

Quick Reply: Winter Riding Gloves