Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where do you guys keep your registration

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 02:37 PM
Meatnog
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cHarley
I don't know of any LEO's that will let you just "show" them the info, you are required to hand it over to them.

I sure as hell ain't handing over my smartphone to them without a warrant, and even then, I would refuse to unlock it.

Well that's your call

Me, I'd just hand it over, then again, I have nothing on it that could possibly incriminate me in anything.

Plus you can state when you hand it over they aren't allowed to access anything but the photo you show. Anything more and they're in breach and it is inadmissible anyway. Heck you could use your audio recording ability ON the phone to even record the conversation

Old 08-10-2011, 02:40 PM
mwegryn
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

With my insurance card in a ziplock bag inside my tool pouch. Ohio finally got smart and took addresses off of them, so I don't have any concerns about keeping them in there.

Old 08-10-2011, 05:00 PM
humpyy57
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Read this here before 3 guys can lift a sportster and walk off with it why make easier by leaving registration on bike . Wallet for me

Old 08-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Bagger Jim
Club Member
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I keep mine at home. I would think the police officer, with his computer in the car, has already instantly accessed any information needed with your tag number including who the bike is registered to, confirming the info when he sees your license. I keep my insurance co's number on my phone if I need it as proof of insurance isn't required in Fl..

Old 08-10-2011, 08:02 PM
gerjets
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Like most of the other posts...registration in a plastic baggie, then in fork/windshield bag...just get one that looks good on your bike and is functional (size, location).

I got stopped a couple of months ago...although I was pissed, it was easy to pull my registration & license from my windshield bag (I have a 2010 Heritage Softail Classic).

Bottom line, make sure you're thinking about functionality. I also carry my kickstand plate, wallet, chapstick, skullcap, etc in the bag.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:27 PM
imoonichang
Novice

I keep mine in my vest inside pocket.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:58 PM
Meatnog
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JC Sporty
I keep mine at home. I would think the police officer, with his computer in the car, has already instantly accessed any information needed with your tag number including who the bike is registered to, confirming the info when he sees your license. I keep my insurance co's number on my phone if I need it as proof of insurance isn't required in Fl..
While true, many states still have statutes on the books that if you don't carry your registration with you, you can get a fine. It isn't a matter of if they can look it up, it is a matter of if they can write you a ticket for not having it

I say this as a person who got a ticket for not having their registration present once when a cop pulled me over in my car (I had taken it out for some odd reason and forgotten to put it back in). Bam, $50 ticket in PA.

The following users liked this post:
RoadDog41 (05-14-2017)
Old 08-10-2011, 10:08 PM
woodsytattooman
Cruiser

Wallet for now.Soon to be in my leather bag under my headlight.It was in bad need of a good conditioning..In ohio we get 2 reg.One with our address and one without.

Old 08-10-2011, 10:42 PM
voudoujoe
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I've got a Fat Bob and keep mine in a zip lock bag inside the electrical box cover. Don't know about the other bikes, but on the Dynas there's a space between the cover and its mounting bracket - tucks right in there, safe and dry.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:23 PM
mrodff
Tourer

Buy a pack of boxer briefs that come in a zippered bag. use it and stuff it in the left side battery cover

Quick Reply: Where do you guys keep your registration