Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

YAY!!! finally snowed great day for a ride

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 06:45 AM
jerryw618
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron750
Do you ride in the snow? If you do, how about giving us wimps, some tips on how to do it without falling?
hello there well slow and steady , i dont go heavy on the throttle so i dont spin the back tire thats when it gets hairy , you lose traction and start slipping youll go down (i have fallen and ive been hurt, but i get right back on) i use mainly the rear brakes so i dont lose traction on the front tire again it slips down u go . dont take turns too fast and dont lean too far over or youll kick the tires out and down u go. it just takes practice like everything else.
i have many years practice so its no problem to me my bike is my only transportation so i need to ride everyday .rain sun or snow , thats why i bought it .

kinda seperates the men from the fair weather "sunshine" little boys who can only ride when its above 70 deg sunny with no chance of rain . you can tell who they are by their negative posts.

live to ride , and ride safe

Old 10-31-2011, 06:52 AM
jerryw618
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Ron750
It's all funny til your laying on the ground bleeding through your ears.

been there done that , fixed the bike got back on and rode .

Old 10-31-2011, 06:54 AM
jerryw618
Road Captain

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Good for you. Ignore the lesser men who are only "fair weather" riders.

thanks man , i ve been around many years , i learned to ignore the little sunshine riders .

i love my bike i love too ride !

Old 10-31-2011, 06:56 AM
jerryw618
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 06Sporty75
got to be a prank post, I remeber when I was 12 trying to ride my 10 speed mountain bike in the snow, I made it about 50 feet.
not a prank my bike is my only transportation , i ride every day in all weather . just because you cant or wont do it doenst mean others cant.

Old 10-31-2011, 07:00 AM
jerryw618
Road Captain

Originally Posted by UnNatural
No way i'd ride while its snowing. Rode today though, no ice on the roads in NYC, just a little wet in the morning.

BUT as i was cruising at 65 on the Long Island Express way a car who didn't clean the snow/ice off the roof of the car passes me doing about 85 and shifts into my line, a piece about 1'x6" flies off his roof and hit me square in the chest. No damage or anything, just made me a little angry.

hello there glad youre ok , ive been hit by flying ice too almost knocked be right off the bike , iwas bruised bad. and pissed as well. its the law you clean the ice off your roof , BUT theyre cagers they dont care. keep riding and stay safe my friend.

Old 10-31-2011, 07:03 AM
jerryw618
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Gpsjr10
A few years ago I was riding on Christmas day. There was about 2 inches of snow on the ground but it was sunny and about 35 degrees. Roads were clear. People were shoveling snow while I was having fun riding.

exactly , im glad too hear you were out enjoying your ride . i like the looks you get as you ride by on those days . some people are confused some shocked and awed others offer not so nice comments , but live to ride and enjoy every mile

Old 10-31-2011, 07:08 AM
jerryw618
Road Captain

Originally Posted by fiveliter
You've got to be out of your mind riding over the past day or so in the northeast - snow, freezing rain, ice!!!

On my way home from work yesterday morning almost every overpass was frozen. Auto accidents all over the place. Why would you ever try to ride in those conditions?

my bike is my only transportation , i ride every day all weather , there was a 35 car pile up on I95 just 2 miles from me and one car over the rail 2 guys killed
i could just as easily die in a cage. ive been riding for many many years i can and do ride in all condition because i can and need to . and i hate the bridges and overpassed in the snow and deep cold, i know the roads and definatly avoid those.

Old 10-31-2011, 07:09 AM
jerryw618
Road Captain

Originally Posted by CapnAdventure
If you think it's smart or fun to ride in the snow/ice, well, then you're a well, uh , err, um...a dope.

just youre opinion , means nothing to me .

Old 10-31-2011, 07:16 AM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member

I like "sunshine riders." It's so true tho. I don't need to ride in the cold because I can take the metro to go to work but I still ride my bike throughout the winter, except when the roads are covered with snow.

One can admire your determination and how a Sporty can handle those conditions!

Old 10-31-2011, 08:56 AM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You need one of these.

Quick Reply: YAY!!! finally snowed great day for a ride