Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally decided to go to the RSD Clip-Ons route....work in progress

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 11:37 AM
EDdoc521
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How tall are you with the clip ons and forwards controls, I've been thinking about it, but am curious if i could stand to ride longer than across town with them

Old 11-11-2011, 04:22 PM
WildThang
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by EDdoc521
How tall are you with the clip ons and forwards controls, I've been thinking about it, but am curious if i could stand to ride longer than across town with them
5'7"....

Old 11-11-2011, 06:41 PM
Greatscott
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

What happened to the orange and black seat. I do like the new look but your bike was IMO one of the nicest 48's on here already. You must get bored quick.

Old 11-11-2011, 08:06 PM
Blood&Thunder
6th Gear

Originally Posted by WildThang
That is what makes the Bocats so cool on this bike...when you start the bike it instanly commands respect with its distinctive low rumble unlike any other pipe (believe me....I research numerous and numerous pipes...listen to so many pipes on You Tube I thought they were going to permantly imprint on my brain). However, the noise leve itself is relatively of low volume...until you crank the throttle...then they bark impressively.
I've recently fallen in love with the Bobcat pipe myself, looks unbelievable on you bike!! One question though, did you have to purchase a tuner or have the EFI tuned after putting them on with the combination of the air cleaner?

Old 11-12-2011, 03:51 AM
WildThang
Road Master

Originally Posted by Blood&Thunder
I've recently fallen in love with the Bobcat pipe myself, looks unbelievable on you bike!! One question though, did you have to purchase a tuner or have the EFI tuned after putting them on with the combination of the air cleaner?
I went with a Thundermax with autotune....

Old 11-12-2011, 03:57 AM
WildThang
Road Master

Originally Posted by Greatscott
What happened to the orange and black seat. I do like the new look but your bike was IMO one of the nicest 48's on here already. You must get bored quick.
I fell in love with the RSD Cafe seat as soon as I saw it....the other seat I recently sold.

However, this seat will also get the orange accent similiar to what I did with my HD Badlander seat. I'm mulling over several different concepts before it goes to my upholstery guy... SOme people may think I simply change stuff just to change it...but every addition to this project is evaluated for what it will do to the overall lines of the bike (something I 've tried to maintain)...that is why you don't see a tank lift on my 48.

Last edited by WildThang; 11-12-2011 at 04:00 AM.
Old 11-12-2011, 03:58 AM
WildThang
Road Master

Originally Posted by Greatscott
I fell in love with the RSD Cafe seat as soon as I saw it....the other seat I recently sold.

However, this seat will also get the orange accent similiar to what I did with my HD Badlander seat. I'm mulling over several different concepts before it goes to my upholstery guy... SOme people may think I simply change stuff just to change it...but every addition to this project is evaluated for what it will do to the overall lines of the bike (something I 've tried to maintain)...that is why you don't see a tank lift on my 48.

Old 11-12-2011, 10:29 AM
poisonthesteve
Tourer

Originally Posted by streetfighter06
Don't know where you looked, but I got my bars for $100.

Yeah dude! I looked all over, and the cheapest i could find as $100. not exactly breaking the bank, but i honestly figured they'd be cheaper than just regular bars. I'm spending enough money on this damn bike right now, that $70 that I saved can go to.... i'm thinking 1200 kit and SE heavy breather

Old 11-12-2011, 06:34 PM
dproto09
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can someone post a picture with them on/ riding the sportster with forward control and Clip on. Thanks i would love to see. I'm 5'8

Old 11-15-2011, 09:57 AM
poisonthesteve
Tourer

Originally Posted by WildThang
Thought I would post some very early pics of my ever evolving 48 with new RSD Slip-Ons. This is a work in progress as I still have to install the new cables from Magnum Shielding and also install my ultra rad bar end mirrors from CRG Racing....bike is starting to get a gritty look....

What exhaust is that? it looks sooooo sweet.

Quick Reply: Finally decided to go to the RSD Clip-Ons route....work in progress