Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Sportster Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sportster-models-10/)
-   -   some nube questions (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sportster-models/726047-some-nube-questions.html)

Adamk1200n 01-21-2012 10:34 PM

some nube questions

just sold rocket and picked up an 09 nighster.

but had a few questions.

i want to throw some white walls on it.
ive searched and narrowed it down to the avon venom.
what size should i get in the back? stock size or can i go a little bigger? or will that hurt the handling . still like to hual ass. and drag a peg on the ground.

2. i got a 2 up seat so the wife can go on a ride. i see some sissy bars with pads that say detachable.? how detachable are they, do they snap out or do you have to unbolt them.really with something quick and simple for solo then ez swap for 2 up.

3. are the stock shocks ok for 2 up. i weigh a 140 wife is 110. ive seen some different shocks out there. just didnt know if the stockers where up to the task.

soooo many mods. thanks for the info.

TexFF 01-21-2012 10:45 PM

1) IDK
2) QD sideplates really are QUICK disconnects. A matter of seconds but expensive.
3) Stock shocks will handle 250lbs. No problem.

USMCNewdog 01-21-2012 10:51 PM

Ok, I cant help on the tires, but the quick release detachables are just that real quick! I pop mine on and off all the time!
I am using factory shocks, we are 205 and 130, its a sporty, but there are upgrades. Sorry I am half in the bag now, and but the factory shocks are adjustable, so crank them up for the two of you then try dropping a notch at a time. We cant drop it even one notch and I got her some big nasty seat with tons of cushion for her! lol

chamba 01-22-2012 08:02 AM

I dont know how fat you can go without major changes, but you might try a search of the forum. then ask that specific question. There might be a group of us who have knowledge/interest in doing that and would comment on a fat rear tire thread.
SUPERQUICK to release the sissy bar. they are release tabs and pull.
get the tool needed to adjust the shocks. I went with Progressive shocks cause I can tighten/loosen by hand. you should be fine on stockers at the tightest position.
BTW it is noob not nube.
Wecome!

CRocks 01-22-2012 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by TexFF (Post 9290177)
1) IDK
2) QD sideplates really are QUICK disconnects. A matter of seconds but expensive.
3) Stock shocks will handle 250lbs. No problem.

Yup, he's right, the question is....can the 250lbs handle the shocks? :icon_wink:

capitalist_slave 01-22-2012 09:06 AM

Stay with the stock size... any noticeably larger size will require major mods.

Adamk1200n 01-22-2012 01:55 PM

thanks guys. time to start ordering some parts and get to modding.

grbrown 01-22-2012 03:05 PM

If you have a 3" rim the widest Venom tyre you can fit is a 150/80, which may be stock size. To go to a wider size means going to a wider rim.