Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn Signal Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 09:04 AM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dry_IRON_fig
i just bought a 2012 iron and was contemplating the idea of switching all lights to leds, how positive are you that there is no need for load equalizers for blinkers??? anyone???
I wouldn't be that positive about it. You should ask Kuryakyn because they have L.E.D. systems for many year-bikes and are knowledgeable about this. Just pretend you want to buy those lights from them.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:19 AM
Jackal
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Remove either the front or rear bulbs and test out the other set...on my 08 N the only thing I notice is a SLIGHTLY faster blink rate. If this is the case, you can run LED in either the front or back side. I don't think you'll be able to run LED all the way around without a load equalizer.

I just went through hell trying to find a suitable drop-in for the rear side and ended up with Custom Dynamic's tail lights. They should be here today. In the front, I plan to run amber 2457 incan bulbs.

Old 01-30-2012, 02:26 PM
Gpsjr10
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

When I run into a bike that is being switched from a 3 wire light to a 2 wire LED light, I make a converter that will run the LED's at about half brightness for running lights then full brightness for turn/stop. and they take up no more room than a pair of wires next to each other.

Old 01-31-2012, 04:32 PM
rhinodog
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gpsjr10
When I run into a bike that is being switched from a 3 wire light to a 2 wire LED light, I make a converter that will run the LED's at about half brightness for running lights then full brightness for turn/stop. and they take up no more room than a pair of wires next to each other.

how would I do that?

also these are the ones I picked up http://www.jokermachine.com/itemstre...&Placeholder=0

Last edited by rhinodog; 01-31-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:17 PM
12charlie
Stage II
Default Joker LED

I also want to get a pair of Jokers led, from what I have read you have to use http://www.jpcycles.com/product/320-469 so you have running lights with turn signals, if you hook them up with 2 wires you will not have running lights.
Now with that being said, I have to figure out if the Badlands load equilizer will work with this module above.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:26 AM
rhinodog
1st Gear

How do you set up the converter?

Old 02-06-2012, 10:32 AM
dry_IRON_fig
Novice

Originally Posted by Jackal
Remove either the front or rear bulbs and test out the other set...on my 08 N the only thing I notice is a SLIGHTLY faster blink rate. If this is the case, you can run LED in either the front or back side. I don't think you'll be able to run LED all the way around without a load equalizer.
i tried removing the front bulb yesterday to try it out, the signal blinks normally for a couple of times then it starts to blink fast, i dont think leds can be run without a load equalizer...i eventually would like to have the joker machine leds in the front like the one rhinodog has bought, but also would like to have something like this in the back...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dSo8ufvU_4

any of you guys know how to get that setup done all round???

Old 02-06-2012, 10:38 AM
Jackal
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is because you only removed ONE of the front bulbs and it thinks it's blown, try removing BOTH and try the test again. It MAY fast blink for a moment until it figures out what is going on. You may even have to turn off the signal, then reapply...it seems to learn what is going on rapidly. I haven't had any issues with my LED tails and 2457 front bulbs, nor did I have any issues running 1157's up front with nothing in the rear at all.

Old 03-31-2012, 06:12 AM
dry_IRON_fig
Novice

to the OP, did you manage to get the joker machine front fork turn signals to work? i would like to buy the kit but want to know what to expect in advance...

Old 04-05-2013, 11:49 PM
Doc Smoke BMCR
2nd Gear
Default This should help....

http://jokermachine.com/products/har...converter.html

I just finished the install on these http://jokermachine.com/products/har...er-lights.html

The above link should take you to the piece that will allow your new marker lights to be multi-functioning.

Quick Reply: Turn Signal Wiring