Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to Your Sportster Today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 03:28 PM
slvrscoobie
Road Master
Received 141 Likes on 116 Posts

Mine felt like it was shaking a lot more than usual, so I propped it up, undid the top front engine mount, lifted the engine with the jack, and retightened everything.

Old 10-20-2016, 05:30 PM
Tileman2692
Road Warrior
Received 544 Likes on 277 Posts

Changed out primary / trans oil, went with Mobil 1 75/90 as been recommened by so many.

Old 10-20-2016, 07:27 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,963 Likes on 2,309 Posts

Originally Posted by cbs_24
Which setups did you test? Care to share your findings?
We have tested well over a dozen different configurations, and have a dozen or more before we are completed. We will be sharing our finding after we are done, in a comparison mode.

Yesterday, the 3 set-ups we tested were:

Progressive Springs
Omni Springs
Race Tech Springs

Originally Posted by hscic
Thinking of purchasing an Arlen Ness Inverted Deep Cut Chrome AC Kit 18-930 ...anyone have this AC? Opinions on quality and performance? And yes I know it is costly for an AC.

We have run the AN Inverted A/C's on multiple Twin Cams, never a Sportster, but there is no reason to believe they will not function well, once optimized with an EBS.

The quality is very good, and they look great. The only reason I am not running one right now is because they really stick out quite far from the side of the engine. For the way I ride, that is not comfortable. However, we have MANY Customers that it does not bother at all, and they love them.

HERE are our Optimized AN's that we carry in stock. We can also get any other style and optimize them for the same price...wait time 1-2 weeks.

Photo of one installed on my TG...note that the EBS is Completely Hidden!

Photo of a Customer of ours, note that he chose a different EBS for it that is somewhat visible.

Here's a photo of one on my Softail with a hidden EBS.

Gear Up & Ride in! DK Custom 4th Annual Open House, June 8th. 🏍️ Click HERE For The Lowdown.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 10-20-2016, 07:56 PM
hscic
Grand HDF Member
Received 545 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom

We have run the AN Inverted A/C's on multiple TwinCams, never a Sportster, but there is no reason to believe they will not function well, once optimized with an EBS.

The quality is very good, and they look great. The only reason I am not running one right now is because they really stick out quite far from the side of the engine. For the way I ride, that is not comfortable. However, we have MANY Customers that it does not bother at all, and they love them.

HERE are our Optimized AN's that we carry in stock. We can also get any other style and optimize them for the same price...wait time 1-2 weeks.

Photo of one installed on my TG...note that the EBS is Completely Hidden!

Photo of a Customer of ours, note that he chose a different EBS for it that is somewhat visible.

Here's a photo of one on my Softail with a hidden EBS.

Thanks. Did not know you carried those. I would definitely have bought it from you if I did not get employee discount. I also have mid-controls so the AC should not get in my way.

one question, how do you retain the external breathers since the back plate incorporates the breather system

Last edited by hscic; 10-21-2016 at 01:03 AM.
Old 10-20-2016, 07:57 PM
hscic
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Guzzi
Knowing HSCIC it's because the Arlen Ness has more chrome
Yes guzzi, I am all about chrome..ole school lol

Old 10-20-2016, 08:03 PM
hscic
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by WKNDS
No opinion, but rather a question.
Just wondering why you would replace what appears to be
a velocity stack with this? Just want a different look now ?

thanks,

T.
yes different look and perhap slightly better performance (but I doubt it) since it functions like a v-stack. I am keeping the v-stack on the side and will switch it out when I want a different look.

Old 10-20-2016, 10:07 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,963 Likes on 2,309 Posts

Originally Posted by hscic
Thanks. Did not know you carried those. I would definitely have bought it from you if I did not get employee discount.

one question, how do you retain the external breathers since the back plate incorporates the breather system
Contact the shop, we optimize AN A/C's on a regular basis. It is not a kit you can buy & install like our other EBS kits, what we do is modify part of the AN unit.

When you contact the shop they will let you know what parts you need to send us.

The following users liked this post:
hscic (10-21-2016)
Old 10-21-2016, 07:17 AM
hscic
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Contact the shop, we optimize AN A/C's on a regular basis. It is not a kit you can buy & install like our other EBS kits, what we do is modify part of the AN unit.

When you contact the shop they will let you know what parts you need to send us.
Thanks Kevin....sent you an email.

Old 10-21-2016, 07:37 AM
slvrscoobie
Road Master
Received 141 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Tileman2692
Changed out primary / trans oil, went with Mobil 1 75/90 as been recommened by so many.
Let us know how it works. Planning on doing both crank and primary one it gets cooler and cant ride no mo

Old 10-22-2016, 11:32 AM
hstrawn
Novice
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Feeling a little rebellious today waiting for it to warm out of the 40s so decided to remove the WARNING label from my air cleaner cover. Already feels like the performance has increased and haven't even ridden it yet......

The following users liked this post:
Axis39 (10-23-2016)

Quick Reply: What did you do to Your Sportster Today?