Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

brought the sportster home/wife not happy

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 11:50 AM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: brought the sportster home/wife not happy

ORIGINAL: aceospades

ORIGINAL: bikergirl40

1of2:
Well thank you not only for the compliment but for speaking up. I was beginning to think I was alone in my theory of being happily married, or believing that women (in general) aren't the enemy.
hey what about me? i mentioned that i agree with you about 100 posts ago..believe me there is no perfect marriage, me and the wife bicker about things all the time and most of it is just the stress of everyday life(having 4 kids to raise) but we both know that we have responsibilities that need to be taken care of before anything else and that includes harleys..
You're absolutely right. I'm sorry I should have said "lately". I do appreciate your speaking up. This conversation has been going on for some time, and I think the majority of responders have very negative remarks about women in their lives .... That doesn't mean to say thatis what the majority of men think ... just responders.It's nice to hear the possitive aspect of marriage or partnerships.

Old 03-29-2007, 11:52 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

bikergirl40, I agree with most everything you've said. I've been married for near 33 years and have learned if both parties give over 50% it equals a pretty darned good relationship. But this does not mean over 100% harmony, just over 100% effort in trying to make 100% harmony. In a healthy relationship both partners are going to disagree, being the individuals we are. But when both are willing to compromise (theres that word) because they care more for the other's desires more than they care for their own, it can only breed something good. At least thats how it works for my babe and myself. Remember tho, no two humans think or act alike. So what works for us may be poison to someone else.

1of2:
Well thank you not only for the compliment but for speaking up. I was beginning to think I was alone in my theory of being happily married, or believing that women (in general) aren't the enemy.

Old 03-29-2007, 12:24 PM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: dbleagle

ORIGINAL: Dallastx

They aren't the enemy. Just think differently.
There in lies the problem Dallas... They do... but then they expect you to agree... lol

Charlie D.
That's because we right! LOL Quit fighting it!!!!

Old 03-29-2007, 12:44 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

There are 'opinions' on what's right from one side, and there are 'opinions' from the other side.

Guess there are two options;

Wecould "compromise" (seems that is a popular word in this thread) and agree that I am correct in my thoughts, or we could just agree to disagree.

Old 03-29-2007, 01:03 PM
swenjj
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: dbleagle

ORIGINAL: Dallastx

They aren't the enemy. Just think differently.
There in lies the problem Dallas... They do... but then they expect you to agree... lol

Charlie D.
That's because we right! LOL Quit fighting it!!!!
the problem i have is that this really does seem to be the way it works, i know you are joking (hopefully) but it really does seem like if a man and wife have different opinions then the guy has no chance at being right, the gal is right and you just have to figure out how to compromise enough to fit her opinion 100%

maybe not all women,but all the women i am married to

Old 03-29-2007, 02:27 PM
SilverDragon
Cruiser

repeating :

ORIGINAL: SilverDragon

i got my bike(s) after i got my divorce

Old 03-29-2007, 04:33 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 299 Likes on 228 Posts

I think this thread has been beat to death.

Time to kill it. [sm=icon_guiness.gif]

[sm=wtf.gif]

Old 03-29-2007, 11:38 PM
pokey
Tourer

it took me 3 years to convince hubby to buy a new bike (05 road king custom) which he deserves, and after i took my msrp class, it took me about 3 minutes to convince myself i needed my 06 883r..... hubby wants to buy me a bigger bike now, for our 25th anniversary, took me about 3SECONDS to figure out the DUECE is gonna be my new baby..... hardest part, is being patient, and having to wait a few weeks, to get the $$$ squared away..... our decisions are made together, no "permission" reqired, but, we both know there's other bills that come first but, have you seen the 07 duece???? oh baby!!!! [sm=bounceybounce.gif]

Old 03-29-2007, 11:55 PM
brauny1
Road Master

ORIGINAL: cHarley
I think this thread has been beat to death.
Time to kill it. [sm=icon_guiness.gif]
[sm=wtf.gif]
NO WAY, This thread's runnin second for all time Sporty replies. It's been therapeutic, really, if I'm not ridin, I'm listenin to all the wisdom imparted by both genders here...[sm=chattypair.gif]

[sm=yeahsmile.gif]

Old 03-30-2007, 12:16 AM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL!

I'm proud to bee an singleman! Sorry brauny!!

Quick Reply: brought the sportster home/wife not happy