Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking for seat and exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 02:57 PM
freddy norway
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for seat and exhaust

hi , as i am new to sportsters and dont have any friends with a modified one i can try i will need some help from you guys.

i have a 2014 sportster i had it for 2 weeks now and i have to say i like it alot. i have rode it for 2000km now and on longer trips my *** hurts a bit. i think there would be a better seat out there for me and you guys are going to help me to find one.

i am also looking for a exhaust pipe cause the wind noise is above the exhaust when driving around in 50mph and the original exhaust just make fun of the harley, here the other day i met some young people in a car that was giving me the full trhottle sign and they expected the real harley sound, but the original exhaust does not make that so.

i like going on longer trips so it is also important that is not getting to much noises , i will not come hom from a longer trip and have that beeepy sound in my head. so the short shots for v&h is definetaly nothing for me.

so i need help to pick a exhaust that is a bit more noisy then stock pipes , but still i dont wont to much of the good stuff.

and the last thing i wont to add is forward controls i am 182cm high and my legs feel a bit cramped togheter.

sorry for bad english but i am sure you will understand.
i come from norway and our harley forum over here is just to small.

Old 06-16-2014, 03:48 PM
Guzzi
Road Warrior
Received 105 Likes on 98 Posts

You English is fine.

Screaming Eagle slip ons may be what you are looking for. Here are two examples

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...er-shorty-dual

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...06-64900209--1

Last edited by Guzzi; 06-16-2014 at 03:52 PM.
Old 06-16-2014, 04:19 PM
Amiableatul
Stage III

Do you know if We need to do tune for the Slip on's? or they are just direct replacement

Thanks

Old 06-16-2014, 05:21 PM
HawkIron
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Amiableatul
Do you know if We need to do tune for the Slip on's? or they are just direct replacement

Thanks
Amia,

No need for a tune with slip ons only with a full exhaust systems or if you put a high flow air filter onto the bike with your slip ons.

Hawk

Old 06-16-2014, 07:52 PM
Maine-Rider
Advanced

For seats, take a look at Mustang

Old 06-16-2014, 09:07 PM
Amiableatul
Stage III

Any suggestions for Custom 1200 2014 .. also will it void warranty?

I am tempted for Vance and Hines slips .. are they too loud? i am looking for little added sound and more of performance improvement.

It sporty seems to cry for power on highway . or maybe i am still in break in period.

Old 06-17-2014, 10:33 AM
subguy
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Vance and Hines 3" slip ons for a 2014 Sportster with the Quiet baffles are pretty good. Loud, but not obnoxious.

The Khrome Werks 3" HP Plus slash mufflers for the 2014 Sportster are also good, a little more quiet than the V & H. You can also get a quiet insert for them too.

Both add a deep sound without the high "crackle". You Tube both for 2014 Sportsters to hear.

Both will give you a performance boost. I think the Khrome Werks will give you a little more than the V&H.

I ordered a pair of the Khrome Werks myself after listening to both the V&H and them in person on a 2014 Sportster. They will get loud when opening up the throttle, but cruising they are okay.

Rush, S&S, Bassini's are louder. I have not heard the HD slip ons, but if they are like the HD SE Street Performance slip ons I had on my 2007 XL1200R Sporty, they are louder than stock. Not too much louder, but noticable.

Seats are very subjective. I can ride with no issues with the HD stock seat, but a lot of people can't. Just one of those items that everyone has a different butt for....LOL.

Old 06-17-2014, 03:31 PM
freddy norway
3rd Gear

Hmmmm..... I really dont no which exhaust i should chose , im scared about buying one that is to loud so i get a hedbang after longer trips and i dont want to buy something that is just a tiny bit louder then original ones.

I been watching different videos but the sound home with computer doesent get the same as in real, in some videos with screamin eagle 11 they sound loud and nice and in other they seem pretty much like the originals.

But i use earplugs on longer trips to reduce wind noise , and with earplugs in original exhaust when cruising around is barely there.

I think i will try a mustang seat , dont no if that will help but hope so , after one hour on the bike now i start feel it in my ***. Had a 8 hour trio with the bike on saturday and the last to hours was a pain in the *** haha.

I think i will make a order from j&p cycles just have to wait for paycheck from my job.

Just keep coming with info about exhaust and different seats you guys are gonna help me find the right parts for me and my bike.

Old 08-06-2014, 10:02 PM
Andy Knell
Cruiser
Received 28 Likes on 10 Posts

Not to bump this thread but I was searching around for something else and came across it. Did you decide on pipes? I just had a SE slip on switch out. Bought the SE slip-ons last week and pulled them today for VH Short Shots. The Street Cannons are too much like stock. Little difference in sound and no noticeable difference in performance.

If you're looking for something louder than stock, the SE pipes aren't the answer. There's nothing aggressive about the "exhaust note" that I was able to hear. For what they cost, there are a lot of alternatives out there that'll perform just as well if not better, sound better, won't require an additional $120 for end caps and another $160 if you want the buckshot heat shields.

Old 08-06-2014, 11:54 PM
wayslow
Tourer

I'd be thinking about ear-plugs if I were you. I've got fairly loud pipes on my bike...but the wind noise at highway speeds is worse than the loudness of the pipes.

Quick Reply: looking for seat and exhaust