Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Davidson Oil ~ Interesting....

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 09:12 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Harley Davidson Oil ~ Interesting....

Interesting read. Thanks.

Old 04-09-2007, 09:22 AM
ZD
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

It's Hugo-Davidson oil... Synthetics are better anyway.

Old 04-09-2007, 09:46 AM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: bigtop1

Sporty pig,...........are you for real. You honesty think that your bike ran better because you had citgo gas in it and, the relation that it has in HD's oil? I got a bridge I can sell you. Would you be interested?
No, I didn't say that. I noticed a signficant performance difference when I happened to use Citgo fuel. It was enough of a difference it was noticeable from the first time I took off with Citgo fuel. I played with the theory for several weeks. Tried different fuel, then back, got pretty scientific about it actually.

It was when I posted a question here if anyone else noticed a difference with that fuel, that I discovered the relationship between Citgo and HD fluids. Makes no difference now, I would never purchase Citgo fuel, unless it was that or walk.

Old 04-09-2007, 10:23 AM
bigtop1
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks sporty pig. I was a little worried for a minute. I thought you were getting a little strange but, you're ok. In all honesty, gas has to pass certain standards set up by the feds. They may ad an additive at their discretion, hence, STP, etc. They do have to keep it at the rated octane as advertized. Plus the usual emissions standards. Its nice to know just who is making all the products that are under the HD logo though. Just so you'll know, I too have stopped buying citgo gas. Carry on.

Old 04-09-2007, 10:39 AM
st john
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Heard of Citgo gas but not familiar with it, not well known her in AZ at least in the
Phoenix area. Do not need to konw the story but will believe what you all say and
will stay away while traveling.
Saint

Old 04-09-2007, 10:46 AM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 299 Likes on 228 Posts

ORIGINAL: st john

Heard of Citgo gas but not familiar with it, not well known her in AZ at least in the
Phoenix area. Do not need to konw the story but will believe what you all say and
Saint
I don't know if you have 7-11 marts there but Citgo is what they sell.

Old 04-09-2007, 11:18 AM
foojay
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: cHarley

Saint
Not anymore

September 27, 2006 ยท 7-Eleven is dropping Citgo as the gasoline supplier to its 2,100 stations around the country. The companies' contract was already set to expire, but 7-Eleven has been uneasy with its close ties to Citgo, a subsidiary of Venezuela's national oil company.

Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez attacked President Bush repeatedly in a recent speech to the United Nations, calling him "the devil" and a dangerous imperialist. Based in Houston, Texas, Citgo has provided gas to 7-Eleven for two decades. So when Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez crudely condemned President Bush on the floor of the United Nations last week, 7-Eleven drew a pretty big gulp. The company said in a statement, "Regardless of politics, we sympathize with many Americans' concern over derogatory comments about our country and its leadership." 7-Eleven's supply switch was actually in the works long before President Chavez spoke last week. The company sought bids for a new supplier of gasoline in October of 2004, and lined up at least one replacement more than a month ago. 7-Eleven notes that all of its new gasoline suppliers will be U.S. companies. Even as it severed ties to the oil company, 7-Eleven reminded customers that Citgo has some 4,000 employees in the United States. The company says a boycott of Citgo would be misdirected, hurting American employees with no real connection to Venezuela.

Old 04-09-2007, 01:09 PM
eggroll
Road Master

ORIGINAL: foojay

ORIGINAL: cHarley

Saint
Not anymore

September 27, 2006 ยท 7-Eleven is dropping Citgo as the gasoline supplier to its 2,100 stations around the country. The companies' contract was already set to expire, but 7-Eleven has been uneasy with its close ties to Citgo, a subsidiary of Venezuela's national oil company.

Venezuela's President Hugo Chavez attacked President Bush repeatedly in a recent speech to the United Nations, calling him "the devil" and a dangerous imperialist. Based in Houston, Texas, Citgo has provided gas to 7-Eleven for two decades. So when Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez crudely condemned President Bush on the floor of the United Nations last week, 7-Eleven drew a pretty big gulp. The company said in a statement, "Regardless of politics, we sympathize with many Americans' concern over derogatory comments about our country and its leadership." 7-Eleven's supply switch was actually in the works long before President Chavez spoke last week. The company sought bids for a new supplier of gasoline in October of 2004, and lined up at least one replacement more than a month ago. 7-Eleven notes that all of its new gasoline suppliers will be U.S. companies. Even as it severed ties to the oil company, 7-Eleven reminded customers that Citgo has some 4,000 employees in the United States. The company says a boycott of Citgo would be misdirected, hurting American employees with no real connection to Venezuela.
If you want gas from 7-11, just pound down a couple of their spicy Big Bite hot dogs with that funky free chili/cheese stuff and a Big Gulp. That meal will ruin you for a day or so.

Old 04-09-2007, 01:36 PM
MacAttack
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you were a union person, I'd expect you to go out of your way to BUY Citgo gas.

Old 04-09-2007, 02:04 PM
eggroll
Road Master

It's not the oil itself, but the transformation the oil undergoes when poured into an Official Harley-Davidson bottle. State-of-the-art PFM technology cause a long chain molecular reaction that causes the oil to become more naturally expensive and indespensible to all HD bikes. Probably has something to do with mirrors or ball bearings or something...

Quick Reply: Harley Davidson Oil ~ Interesting....