The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

HARLEY: Need SERT advice/software

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 09:26 PM
classic96
Intermediate
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Need SERT advice/software

Hello,

I'm a new member to the forum but a long time reader.
I recently purchased a '13 RKC and a NOS SERT. I have the software from my old SERT but the calibrations only go up to 2010 so when I try to download a calibration to the ECM I can't because the software is not compatible with the '13 ECM. Could anybody please possibly help me out with the most current software download calibrations for the SERT before they became obsolete? I've already looked online for SERT downloads but there are none available…their only available for the SEPST. Otherwise I can't tune my bike and I just paid $500.00+ the NOS SERT thinking I could use a calibration from the old software and modify but as I mentioned, my ECM won't allow any of these calibrations to be downloaded into the ECM. The bike has a D&D FatCat 2 into 1 and just installed an SE high flow air breather and now I'm dead in the water without a calibration and the bike DEFINITELY needs a tune. I would greatly appreciate any help. Also, if anyone has the software disc and can no longer use I would be more than happy to purchase it.

Thank you very much,
Joe

Old 11-08-2016, 06:17 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Moved to correct forum

Old 11-08-2016, 07:57 AM
classic96
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Moved to correct forum
From the name of the thread I would have thought this was the correct thread to post my question? Can you point me to the thread my post was moved to? I would appreciate it very much.

Thank you,
Joe

Old 11-08-2016, 08:18 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Joe... you posted your thread on level higher. I moved it here, one level lower, so the Dyno professionals can assist you. They will show up some time later today and maybe can help you out with the correct software or advice.

You are now in the best place you can be to get the right information.

Old 11-08-2016, 08:53 AM
classic96
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Joe... you posted your thread on level higher. I moved it here, one level lower, so the Dyno professionals can assist you. They will show up some time later today and maybe can help you out with the correct software or advice.

You are now in the best place you can be to get the right information.
I didn't realize there were different levels, sorry. Thank you for directing my post to the correct thread were I may possibly get the software information needed to tune my SERT. Again, much appreciated!

Thank you,
Joe

Old 11-08-2016, 09:03 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

You may want to post a picture of your SERT so everyone will know which one you have.

Old 11-08-2016, 03:02 PM
classic96
Intermediate

Here are the images of the SERT I purchased and cannot use with the software calibrations from my 2007 SERT being those calibrations only go up to 2010 and my '13 RKC ECM won't accept any of them. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Joe

Old 11-08-2016, 03:06 PM
Br125
Tourer
Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Get the software you need here:

prosupertuner.harley-davidson.com

Do you have anything done other than intake and exhaust? What is it about the older calibrations that you want/need?

The following users liked this post:
classic96 (11-21-2016)
Old 11-10-2016, 10:50 AM
rigidthumper
Stellar HDF Member

Received 5,514 Likes on 1,612 Posts

This is SEPST, not SERT. Old SERT software will not work with this. Follow link/directions and you should be good to go.

Old 11-21-2016, 02:18 PM
classic96
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rigidthumper
This is SEPST, not SERT. Old SERT software will not work with this. Follow link/directions and you should be good to go.
Guys,

I had no e-mail notification that either of you responded to my post until I just happen to go to the last post on this thread as of now after posting in the Baker Comp thread, sorry guys.

I appreciate both of your replies very much. I did find the link for the new calibrations for the SERT after my post, but since I wasn't aware anyone replied, I didn't post my finding it. Thank you for the link anyway! All went well with downloading the link and mating the SERT to my VIN and downloading a new calibration to my ECM, thanks again!

This is a BNIB/NOS Screamin Eagle Race Tuner, not a Screamin Eagle Pro Street Tuner. The SERT has more parameters to adjust than the SEPST, which is why I didn't buy it. You can no longer manipulate the air/fuel ratio with the SEPST (as far as I was told from H-D) like you can with the SERT which is why I purchased it. It is has the same exact parameters as my '07 SERT which I had used in my '07 Spinger Classic. I've since removed the EFI from my SC and put a carb in…best thing I ever did…simplicity! Wasn't going to do this to the '13 RKC incase I decide to sell it…my SC isn't going anywhere.

Thank you both again, I appreciate it very much,
Joe

Quick Reply: HARLEY: Need SERT advice/software