The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

DYNOJET: Power Vision Target Tune

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 04:11 AM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

I know threads a lil old, sorry but I'm contending with this right now, my RB Racing Challenge 2-1 pipe iso coming or my rocker c 4k miles, max, actually less, 107 hasn't been broken in might be a 110 by next season, sending motor to hillside who modded it first for e, THEY DID A GREAT JOB, HAD NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH SCOTT, its the backoff who installed the parts,

Im not going to go into all that right now, I Have a Powervision, and a Target Tune, and I swear by them, over the phone with this system, FP#, went into garbage they tried 30 ties, couldn't figure out what was wrong

Long story, SHORT, the front and rear injectors, the electrical adaptors were hooked on backwards, and for anyone who doesn't know, YES IT Makes A DIFFERENCE A HUGE ONE, my bike, would not idle upon start up, had to goose throttle to get it to sty wouldn't get over 150 I can go on and on,

But after testing, the man from Dynojet, was able to figure out those connections were backwards, via info given to him from Powervision every time I tried to start, the guy ws sharp, had to pull tank, but talking on phone and than later looking into rocker c electrical manual, YES, THERE 2 WIRE CONNECTORS, YELLOW/GREEN YELLOW/BLACK, I may be off, but you get the idea, as soon as I changed, IMMEDIATELY, bike started and staYED RUNNING, YOU HEARD tuner, struggling/making changes, I did 3 auto tune sessions to basic tune sent to me, ran great, until my pushrods all came undone, again, long story...

Brings me to my question, if I get a good/decent 107 basic map, telling them whats done, compression/cams etc, and I run as many 20 min auto tune sessions as I want, as long as I " cap" each session when done, eventually, that tunes gonna grow wild....

Whats the benefit of paying the only guy in NJ Black Hills, rt46, 699$ and leaving it a day? am I gonna really gain 699$ worth of performance, and than is tune lost, say if I upgrade throttle body etc, or does he tune for specific VE tables, Stioch etc, GUYS IM A STUDENT AT THIS, I haven't a clue

If you say its really worth its and tell me why? ill do it, OH

AND IF ANYONE knows a good tuner, with DYNOJET IN NJ PLEASE LMK, OR CLOSE ILL DRIVE, if I can hang like the 3 hours I hear, its a road trip, no big deal, seems everyone uses that TTS tuner, which I'm sure is superior, but USELESS TO ME? I looked at it, I haven't a clue, at least with Powervision etc. I can ride se my temps, adjust speedo, all without a doctorate in tuning!!!.....So please lmk if its worth it?

AND IF ANYONE KNOWS A GOOD TUNER, 1-2 HOURS FROM ME, IF NOT IM ALMOST TEMPTED TO TAKE IT TO HILLSIDE, AS HE BUILT MOTOR, AND IS EXTREMELY FAMILIAR, ITS A 5-6 HOUR DRIVE, SO ITS NOT SO EASY, AND to get a friend to take that ride, GOOD-LUCK!!

maybe get on back of pickup and secure, never dod but I've seen guys driving by Fong it,od love to go to hillside...but really its a pretty big hassle, next winter when I have him split cases, timken bearing/bore cases for 124 etc, FULL MONTY, ill definitely take bike to him, and let him tear down and do whole job, for that kinda $$ and modding ITS WORTH IT 100%

Theres actually No choice next winter, Hillsides doing build, and ill have him break in on dyno, and tune....but for now/ worth it.....and what if weather changes drastically? thats when the Target Tune works, to keep The Dyno tune, dead on, no matter what the weather, bike will run consistent/
thanks, sorry for long email, I was out fixing wires truck till 230 am, and gettin ready for snow, getting blower all done etc...so if I'm rambling its ben A LONG DAY, BUT I NEED TO KNOW THIS KINDA ASAP, MOTORS GETTIN SHIPPED END OR LATTER of next week FOR SURE.....THANKS AGAIN, also I should note I'm a big dude 6'3 280LBS!!BUILT like a rock, But still heavier!!!!
TOM

Old 01-05-2018, 02:44 PM
TomCop
Tourer
Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

Hey Tom,
You need to understand that with auto tune you will set the VE tables near to correct. You will gain some power by completing that process or better said increase the optimization of your current configuration.
But that's all it will do. The auto tune will not change your ignition advance and that's where the real power gain is. Having the VE tables correct is the bear minimum for even starting the actual tuning process. The auto tune will also not ask what riding style you will take on. AFR tables need to be set accordingly. You want to have an aggressive response? Your acceleration table and AFR need to be set for this.
It seams to me that a lot of members here understand that tuning is setting up the VE-tables and that's it. Well it is much much more than that. Not even mentioning the temperature monitoring to check if the build can be reliable with a particular map.

The amount of money you have put into your build I would say go to a tuner that has a good reputation ( proven experience) Not one that promises you heaven , but one that will straight tell you what the deal is and what is not.

Regards,
Tom

The following users liked this post:
hrdtail78 (01-05-2018)
Old 10-17-2019, 09:47 PM
Arizona65
Novice
Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

Ya I also have PV/TT. Original builder did 3 auto tunes. A week later I take it to the best in new England (Rob's Dyno in Garner). 2 more hp and 1 torque .
Dyno comparison before and after looked almost identical. So I guess Auto tune pro really does a good job.

Old 10-27-2019, 05:22 PM
mrlexus
Road Captain
Received 160 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Arizona65
Ya I also have PV/TT. Original builder did 3 auto tunes. A week later I take it to the best in new England (Rob's Dyno in Garner). 2 more hp and 1 torque .
Dyno comparison before and after looked almost identical. So I guess Auto tune pro really does a good job.
What I'd like to see is the delta between the map you rolled in with, and the map after the dyno tune. That will tell you a bunch.

Old 04-15-2020, 09:58 PM
Arizona65
Novice
Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

I have Power Vision with TT. I had it first tuned with the combo. 3 twenty min rides. After a major engine upgrades. It ran perfect no problems at all at 13.1 AFR.
Weeks later I took it to Rob's Dyno in Garner, Mass. He told me maybe +1 hp & 1tg. It dam near dyno tuned it the first time. I was impressed.

Old 04-22-2020, 04:55 PM
Wggibbs
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Schex
no **** Sherlock

Parroting,
2 post by someone who probably never used TT
2 quotes by individuals who lack understanding of engine management systems .

Old 04-22-2020, 05:50 PM
strych9
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,172 Likes on 3,523 Posts

Originally Posted by Wggibbs
2 quotes by individuals who lack understanding of engine management systems .
I'm pretty certain these dudes that posted this in 2016 really don't care what you think in 2020.

Old 04-22-2020, 06:02 PM
MURPHCC1
Club Member
Received 2,791 Likes on 1,359 Posts

Originally Posted by strych9
I'm pretty certain these dudes that posted this in 2016 really don't care what you think in 2020.
I only went back a few posts then quit.....then saw the posters post count......ONE.........TROLL!!!!

The following users liked this post:
strych9 (04-23-2020)
Old 05-19-2020, 12:16 PM
Doug Good
1st Gear

I bought the target tune with my 124 kit. Performance shop removed it and said it's a worthless sales gimmick. Works for dino tuning but worthless otherwise. All dino tuners already have a similar kit to program so basically don't waste your money. get it dino tuned and leave it alone.

Old 05-19-2020, 12:21 PM
Doug Good
1st Gear

Originally Posted by TOMMYBLAZIN
I know threads a lil old, sorry but I'm contending with this right now, my RB Racing Challenge 2-1 pipe iso coming or my rocker c 4k miles, max, actually less, 107 hasn't been broken in might be a 110 by next season, sending motor to hillside who modded it first for e, THEY DID A GREAT JOB, HAD NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH SCOTT, its the backoff who installed the parts,

Im not going to go into all that right now, I Have a Powervision, and a Target Tune, and I swear by them, over the phone with this system, FP#, went into garbage they tried 30 ties, couldn't figure out what was wrong

Long story, SHORT, the front and rear injectors, the electrical adaptors were hooked on backwards, and for anyone who doesn't know, YES IT Makes A DIFFERENCE A HUGE ONE, my bike, would not idle upon start up, had to goose throttle to get it to sty wouldn't get over 150 I can go on and on,

But after testing, the man from Dynojet, was able to figure out those connections were backwards, via info given to him from Powervision every time I tried to start, the guy ws sharp, had to pull tank, but talking on phone and than later looking into rocker c electrical manual, YES, THERE 2 WIRE CONNECTORS, YELLOW/GREEN YELLOW/BLACK, I may be off, but you get the idea, as soon as I changed, IMMEDIATELY, bike started and staYED RUNNING, YOU HEARD tuner, struggling/making changes, I did 3 auto tune sessions to basic tune sent to me, ran great, until my pushrods all came undone, again, long story...

Brings me to my question, if I get a good/decent 107 basic map, telling them whats done, compression/cams etc, and I run as many 20 min auto tune sessions as I want, as long as I " cap" each session when done, eventually, that tunes gonna grow wild....

Whats the benefit of paying the only guy in NJ Black Hills, rt46, 699$ and leaving it a day? am I gonna really gain 699$ worth of performance, and than is tune lost, say if I upgrade throttle body etc, or does he tune for specific VE tables, Stioch etc, GUYS IM A STUDENT AT THIS, I haven't a clue

If you say its really worth its and tell me why? ill do it, OH

AND IF ANYONE knows a good tuner, with DYNOJET IN NJ PLEASE LMK, OR CLOSE ILL DRIVE, if I can hang like the 3 hours I hear, its a road trip, no big deal, seems everyone uses that TTS tuner, which I'm sure is superior, but USELESS TO ME? I looked at it, I haven't a clue, at least with Powervision etc. I can ride se my temps, adjust speedo, all without a doctorate in tuning!!!.....So please lmk if its worth it?

AND IF ANYONE KNOWS A GOOD TUNER, 1-2 HOURS FROM ME, IF NOT IM ALMOST TEMPTED TO TAKE IT TO HILLSIDE, AS HE BUILT MOTOR, AND IS EXTREMELY FAMILIAR, ITS A 5-6 HOUR DRIVE, SO ITS NOT SO EASY, AND to get a friend to take that ride, GOOD-LUCK!!

maybe get on back of pickup and secure, never dod but I've seen guys driving by Fong it,od love to go to hillside...but really its a pretty big hassle, next winter when I have him split cases, timken bearing/bore cases for 124 etc, FULL MONTY, ill definitely take bike to him, and let him tear down and do whole job, for that kinda $$ and modding ITS WORTH IT 100%

Theres actually No choice next winter, Hillsides doing build, and ill have him break in on dyno, and tune....but for now/ worth it.....and what if weather changes drastically? thats when the Target Tune works, to keep The Dyno tune, dead on, no matter what the weather, bike will run consistent/
thanks, sorry for long email, I was out fixing wires truck till 230 am, and gettin ready for snow, getting blower all done etc...so if I'm rambling its ben A LONG DAY, BUT I NEED TO KNOW THIS KINDA ASAP, MOTORS GETTIN SHIPPED END OR LATTER of next week FOR SURE.....THANKS AGAIN, also I should note I'm a big dude 6'3 280LBS!!BUILT like a rock, But still heavier!!!!
TOM
throttle city in levittown pa. Off 276 first exit in pa

Quick Reply: DYNOJET: Power Vision Target Tune