The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

Other Devices: Fp3 wideband

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 09:19 AM
toddskill
Tourer
Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
Default Fp3 wideband

Anybody know anything about this? Showed up after my last software update. Cant find any info on the V&H site. I'll give the a call Monday but was curious if anyone knew anything about the possibility of now running widebands to get some more functionality out of the fp3.

Last edited by toddskill; 06-17-2018 at 09:21 AM.
Old 06-17-2018, 06:39 PM
HotRod917
Road Warrior
Received 272 Likes on 205 Posts
Default FP Pro

Yes it's for the new wide band module they are about to release called the "FP Pro" with the 18mm O2 sensors. Its an add-on to the FP3 and hopefully with connectivity to a PC(with good software). I came across this a month or two ago while watching one of rusty butcher's videos, where the dyno guy is talking abt this thing for a couple of seconds..so it's bung welding time for most exhausts without the adaptors.

also V&H is pretty sloppy in updating their website about these kinds things which are important, guess their priority is exhuast first. The FP3 page itself not updated for long. Last one was 3-17 and now 6-18. C'mon V&H we know ur working hard and we appreciate it, but added functionality and updates are need for us above average gearheads. things like
1. pinch to zoom in and out the VE and timing tables.
2. Copy - paste functionality for VE and timing for obvious reasons.
3. Share screen shot only saves part of the image that the screen can accommodate(fine for two column table but not for VEs or timings..again pinch to zoom in and out so useful here, it's been a year since I told u this V&H still nothing)
4. Share a Map (hmm..let's not even get into that)
5. Data logging.! (Have to use a screen recorder app to record your app on the sensor data page, awesome)
6. Only 5 gauges on the sensor data page..(I was monitoring a knock once, so my 2 spark gauges are up, Afr and MAP gauges next, the rpm in the center..but if I want to know the engine temps, I have to scroll to the next page while riding.! Great idea)
7. After the known issue with the Rpm limiter(6k being 7k etc)..the timing read on the sensor page is also off. Is it a readout issue or the cell value being improperly flashed I have no idea(e.g.: 500 to 1500 rpm @ 20-60Kpa MAP is set at 10 degrees in the table and my sporty warmed up idle's 950-1000rpm @ 40 to 50Kpa MAP at 15 to 18 degrees as shown by the app)..plz do educate me on this.
8. Important functionality like cranking fuel table etc unavailable for J1850 systems..unnecessary options like PE(limited adjustment) and active exhuast available..plz correct this divide..make a common set and gray out the ones with no functionality for the non CAN bus models

Anyway V&H i have told you some of this once before, well exactly one year before..so plz look into the core issues and fix them to enhance ur product, provide updates with info. Your last two App updates say nothing but bug fixes..firmware updates list versions numbers..again plz provide a PC software before we jump ship..looking forward to the FP Pro, cos it looks like the HD-SE wideband module is only for the CAN bus models(not sure have to reconfirm)
Regards
ps..after the new update, text in the switches section is all blacked out and unreadable.

Old 06-18-2018, 10:39 AM
toddskill
Tourer

Originally Posted by hotrod917
Yes it's for the new wide band module they are about to release called the "FP Pro" with the 18mm O2 sensors. Its an add-on to the FP3 and hopefully with connectivity to a PC(with good software). I came across this a month or two ago while watching one of rusty butcher's videos, where the dyno guy is talking abt this thing for a couple of seconds..so it's bung welding time for most exhausts without the adaptors.

also V&H is pretty sloppy in updating their website about these kinds things which are important, guess their priority is exhuast first. The FP3 page itself not updated for long. Last one was 3-17 and now 6-18. C'mon V&H we know ur working hard and we appreciate it, but added functionality and updates are need for us above average gearheads. things like
1. pinch to zoom in and out the VE and timing tables.
2. Copy - paste functionality for VE and timing for obvious reasons.
3. Share screen shot only saves part of the image that the screen can accommodate(fine for two column table but not for VEs or timings..again pinch to zoom in and out so useful here, it's been a year since I told u this V&H still nothing)
4. Share a Map (hmm..let's not even get into that)
5. Data logging.! (Have to use a screen recorder app to record your app on the sensor data page, awesome)
6. Only 5 gauges on the sensor data page..(I was monitoring a knock once, so my 2 spark gauges are up, Afr and MAP gauges next, the rpm in the center..but if I want to know the engine temps, I have to scroll to the next page while riding.! Great idea)
7. After the known issue with the Rpm limiter(6k being 7k etc)..the timing read on the sensor page is also off. Is it a readout issue or the cell value being improperly flashed I have no idea(e.g.: 500 to 1500 rpm @ 20-60Kpa MAP is set at 10 degrees in the table and my sporty warmed up idle's 950-1000rpm @ 40 to 50Kpa MAP at 15 to 18 degrees as shown by the app)..plz do educate me on this.
8. Important functionality like cranking fuel table etc unavailable for J1850 systems..unnecessary options like PE(limited adjustment) and active exhuast available..plz correct this divide..make a common set and gray out the ones with no functionality for the non CAN bus models

Anyway V&H i have told you some of this once before, well exactly one year before..so plz look into the core issues and fix them to enhance ur product, provide updates with info. Your last two App updates say nothing but bug fixes..firmware updates list versions numbers..again plz provide a PC software before we jump ship..looking forward to the FP Pro, cos it looks like the HD-SE wideband module is only for the CAN bus models(not sure have to reconfirm)
Regards
ps..after the new update, text in the switches section is all blacked out and unreadable.
Yup got ahold of V&H this morning and they confirmed that the FP Pro will be released at the end of the month and to expect more information to be released in the next 2 weeks.

Old 06-21-2018, 12:16 PM
HotRod917
Road Warrior
Received 272 Likes on 205 Posts

Cool, originally it was a Q1 release..but guess it needed more testing and polishing which is a good thing. Hope u dint mind my long reply i wish the V&H guys read this and makes the necessary improvements to their software. Thanks

Old 06-21-2018, 01:03 PM
toddskill
Tourer

Originally Posted by hotrod917
Cool, originally it was a Q1 release..but guess it needed more testing and polishing which is a good thing. Hope u dint mind my long reply i wish the V&H guys read this and makes the necessary improvements to their software. Thanks
I agree, it has potential to be a great system, just need a few minor fixes.

Old 07-03-2018, 09:54 PM
ssmorga78
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Anyone seen any updates on the FP Pro release? I am interested in the upgrade since I recently purchased a set of Rinehart Classic True Duals that came equipped with both 12mm and 18mm ports....... I wonder if it will come with the 18mm sensors or if that's yet another part that will have to be purchased.... and if they will be selling them at V&H if they have to be purchased separately.

Old 07-04-2018, 11:43 PM
toddskill
Tourer

Originally Posted by ssmorga78
Anyone seen any updates on the FP Pro release? I am interested in the upgrade since I recently purchased a set of Rinehart Classic True Duals that came equipped with both 12mm and 18mm ports....... I wonder if it will come with the 18mm sensors or if that's yet another part that will have to be purchased.... and if they will be selling them at V&H if they have to be purchased separately.
Nothing yet, been checking the website and facebook page every few days.

Old 07-05-2018, 06:32 PM
ssmorga78
Cruiser

Well, I sent an email to V&H asking about the FP Pro release and to ask a few other questions.... and this is the response I got from them:
"As far as the upcoming Fuelpak PRO...it's a kit for dealers and dyno shops to create FP3 maps on a dyno using wide band O2 sensors. the benefits are much faster/accurate data collection, as well as being to tune with target AFRs that are in a much broader range compared to the narrow band. The narrow band can only read between 14.2 and 14.7, which means for Autotune we have to set the entire AFR somewhere in this range. For bikes equipped with more extreme aftermarket parts, particularly engine components like camshafts, injectors, throttle body, etc., this creates problems as the bike doesn't want to run with that level of fuel making Autotune nearly impossible.

The PRO is designed to allow for higher precision maps, particularly for engine builds. we have some pretty cool ideas as well - dealers and shops who create maps will be able to upload them to make available through the FP3 app to customers worldwide. This will give us a much more expansive map library for all kinds of exhaust, parts, and engine builds."

So I would take that to mean they aren't going to be available to the general public by reading that response.

Old 07-05-2018, 09:29 PM
toddskill
Tourer

Originally Posted by ssmorga78
Well, I sent an email to V&H asking about the FP Pro release and to ask a few other questions.... and this is the response I got from them:
"As far as the upcoming Fuelpak PRO...it's a kit for dealers and dyno shops to create FP3 maps on a dyno using wide band O2 sensors. the benefits are much faster/accurate data collection, as well as being to tune with target AFRs that are in a much broader range compared to the narrow band. The narrow band can only read between 14.2 and 14.7, which means for Autotune we have to set the entire AFR somewhere in this range. For bikes equipped with more extreme aftermarket parts, particularly engine components like camshafts, injectors, throttle body, etc., this creates problems as the bike doesn't want to run with that level of fuel making Autotune nearly impossible.

The PRO is designed to allow for higher precision maps, particularly for engine builds. we have some pretty cool ideas as well - dealers and shops who create maps will be able to upload them to make available through the FP3 app to customers worldwide. This will give us a much more expansive map library for all kinds of exhaust, parts, and engine builds."

So I would take that to mean they aren't going to be available to the general public by reading that response.
That's what it sounds like, but I have found it's a crapshoot what information you get emailing these big companies. If it is only available to shops I think they will be shooting themselves in the foot. Most tuners are probably not going to waste time learning a new device when they are all used to powervision. If it is not available to the public I will be switching to a powervision and target tune over the winter as I plan on opening the motor up and I dont want to mess with emailing maps back and forth with V&H. I will say though that overall I have been happy with the FP3 for what it is, I just didnt originally plan on going into the motor when I bought it.

Last edited by toddskill; 07-05-2018 at 09:33 PM.
Old 07-05-2018, 09:43 PM
ssmorga78
Cruiser

Originally Posted by toddskill
That's what it sounds like, but I have found it's a crapshoot what information you get emailing these big companies. If it is only available to shops I think they will be shooting themselves in the foot. Most tuners are probably not going to waste time learning a new device when they are all used to powervision. If it is not available to the public I will be switching to a powervision and target tune over the winter as I plan on opening the motor up and I dont want to mess with emailing maps back and forth with V&H. I will say though that overall I have been happy with the FP3 for what it is, I just didnt originally plan on going into the motor when I bought it.
Yeah, the only other thing I plan to do to mine other than the Stage 1 I've got going now is a Cam upgrade. The customer service I've gotten so far from V&H has been excellent and very speedy. I was looking forward to another add-on to increase the value of the FP3, but I will still stick with the FP3 till I eventually bite the bullet when the top end of my 96 needs to be reworked. At that time I'm going with a 110 kit so I'll swap tuners then. Cheyne has assured me he could take care of the tune when I install a set of Andrew's 48 cams over this upcoming winter. Still holding out hope though that the Pro will end up being a Consumer product, not just a Professional only kinda thing.

Quick Reply: Other Devices: Fp3 wideband