"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Chester's HD New Model Party 9/11

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 10:02 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by uklauren
Joe it was a lot of fun tonight, sometimes spur of the moment rides just come together right. Those wheelie guys were frickin crazy.

Great seeing your Springer again, it's looking good.

Yvonne was our scooter gal, ycbrewster is her forum name.

I got home in record time, I had a chance to try out the cruise control tonight, set it at 85mph and cruised on home.
Thanks Lauren. Let's do that more often. Cafe 27 Sunday? You might like a ride to Lucky Cole's too. Not too far from the Cafe.

I have a friend who's filming a series in the Keys. Though about riding down during the Peterson's Key West rally. Any interest in that?

I hope my pipes weren't too loud for you...I normally lead my posse and my buddy complains.. lol

Old 09-11-2015, 10:10 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

I didn't notice your pipes .

I wasn't thinking about KW this year, I know hotels are expensive, more likely to do Biketoberfest.

Not sure about Sunday, I ride with a group and we come to a decision on the ride depending on weather and suggestions. I will suggest it though, but Alabama Jacks was a thought. You're always welcome - we leave from Boca at 9.30, holler if you want to know where we meet.

Old 09-11-2015, 10:15 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by uklauren
I didn't notice your pipes .

I wasn't thinking about KW this year, I know hotels are expensive, more likely to do Biketoberfest.

Not sure about Sunday, I ride with a group and we come to a decision on the ride depending on weather and suggestions. I will suggest it though, but Alabama Jacks was a thought. You're always welcome - we leave from Boca at 9.30, holler if you want to know where we meet.
I love Alabama Jacks. Let me know if you are heading there and I'll try to join. Cafe 27 isn't much out of the way, from the Turnpike instead of the Homestead extension take 595 west to 27 to the Cafe, then 27 down to the Turnpike or even down Krome, either ends in FL City and over to Alabama Jacks. I haven't been there in a while and would like to go. See what you can do.

FL Crew.... how's about a group ride. We have some good people here.

Old 09-12-2015, 07:37 AM
Ycbrewster
Road Captain
Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

I didn't realize the other two riders are on the forum as well. Lauren and "The Florida Crew" have always made me feel welcome. Transitioning from a passenger to a rider has been so easy because of this. Knowing all four riders in last night's ride are forum members...what can I say?...You're all just a great bunch of people.

Lauren, please remind Bruce I would like to get his business card. It sounds as if your new Fatboy is just as sweet of a ride (Cruise control at 85, huh?) as it is a beauty! Thank you for always making me feel welcome! Yes, those stunt performers had my heart palpitating.

Joe, it was very nice meeting you. Thank you for the nice compliment. I love my scooter and she can keep up (as long as you guys remembered she was there, lol)...but riding in my first group has me excited to spend time on the Sportster. I hope you decide to join us this year in Ocala.

Old 09-12-2015, 10:04 AM
Its time to ride
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, it just hits a little too close for me. Congrats on the new scoot Lauren! I will try to join you all in a crew ride soon!

Old 09-12-2015, 10:29 AM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Its time to ride
Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, it just hits a little too close for me. Congrats on the new scoot Lauren! I will try to join you all in a crew ride soon!
I'm sorry I misunderstood your post to mean it's silly to celebrate the new models (which maybe it is but it was fun). You meant a party on 9/11. I think it was just coincidental but your point is well taken, no need to celebrate on 9/11. VTwin had a color guard do a tribute which was appropriate and nice.

Old 09-12-2015, 10:29 AM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member

Lauren lets do that ride to Alabama jacks tomorrow!!

Old 09-12-2015, 10:58 AM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member

Lauren I noticed that since you have a run turn brake controller that you need red rear turn signal lenses. I have some, I threw them in my saddlebag and will give them to you next time I see you. Free install too. :-)

Old 09-12-2015, 02:25 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator

Originally Posted by Joe_G
Lauren I noticed that since you have a run turn brake controller that you need red rear turn signal lenses. I have some, I threw them in my saddlebag and will give them to you next time I see you. Free install too. :-)

yes I would prefer red, the guy said orange but I'm thinking red would look better.

My group decide where we're going at about 9.25, depends on who shows up and how long people have and weather. I'm not in charge of decision making, it's a group thing. I can suggest it though. You're welcome to meet us in Boca, any of the crew can, Trader Joes on US 1 between 8th and 9th street between Palmetto Pk Rd and Camino Real at 9am. They are a nice bunch but sometimes I can't get them to ride very far so it's hit and miss for miles.

Old 09-12-2015, 02:27 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator

Paul, David and Bruce (who you met last night) are not on the forum.

Quick Reply: Chester's HD New Model Party 9/11