"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Tips on starting a bike night

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 07:14 AM
Thundermug
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jpalm
The only drawback is that one of the restrictions on his city permit are that he can't have amplified music outside.

Can a bike night be successful with no outside music? How would I go about starting one up and drawing a decent crowd?
The keyword is amplified.....have a band that is "unplugged" and play acoustic.

Originally Posted by JaxHarleyRdr
Three things come to mind What do bikers want in a bike night?

1 Cold beer
2. Hot women serving the beer
3. Motorcycles to look at

So i would start with a beer special and a bike show to start the draw

That is the way to hit the nail on the head!

Old 12-27-2015, 04:00 PM
RippinRon
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What city would this be in?

Old 12-30-2015, 02:30 AM
maddawg57
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Attract The WOMEN
you know who/what follows WOMEN around

Old 12-30-2015, 06:00 AM
jamesroadking
Road Warrior
Received 152 Likes on 94 Posts

Years back I thought about opening up my own place for thirsty bikers. Here are a few must haves that I thought of having.
Covered Bike parking.
Cute Young Friendly waitresses.
Classic Rock music, but not so loud that you can't talk.
Beers prices $2 bucks or less.

Old 01-01-2016, 12:09 PM
glasspilot
Road Master
Received 265 Likes on 151 Posts

Guys, if you copy what Quaker Steak & Lube does down in Clearwater (Their day is Wed) you can't go wrong. They do have live bands outside so apparently they don't have to worry about neighbor complaints. They have a huge parking lot and venders.

To the OP, is this place big enough they could put the band inside?

Old 01-05-2016, 09:13 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 82 Posts

Here is how our local Used Bike Dealer gets a good crowd at their bike nite.

Here's there ad that I copied from their Facebook event page. Free BBQ and Free Beer tends to draw bikers.

FRIDAY JAN 8th BIKE NIGHT AT V-TWIN CITY AT 7:00pm. BAND & MORE INFO TO BE ANNOUNCED! FREE BBQ Buffet By Twisted Pig! FREE Cold Refreshments! Check Out The V-Twin City Motorcycle Stunt Riders, Tattoo Contest By Poppa Doc & Heather Stephens With HyperInk Studios. Prizes For Top 3 Best Tattoos. ALSO On Bike Night Visit The V-TWIN CITY Showroom & Check Out All The Bikes! PLUS All V-TWIN CITY Jewelry And Clothing 20% Off. Vendors, Raffles, Giveaways & More! VENDORS Please contact Freddy at A1 Promotions at (954) 548-8531 Or contact Jaron at V-TWIN CITY at (754) 307-3728 V-TWIN CITY'S Bike Night is on the 2nd Friday of every month! Brought to you by V-TWIN CITY and A1 Promotions Group & Friends RAIN OR SHINE!!! STOP BY FOR GREAT FOOD, MUSIC & FRIENDS & HAVE A COLD ONE ON US!!! V-TWIN CITY 1771 E Sunrise Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 (754) 307-3728
To Visit A1 Promotions Website go to http://www.a1promotionsgroup.com/
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL EVERYTHING!
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A EVENT PAGE THAT WAS DESIGNED FOR EVENTS BY OR EVENTS ASSOCIATED WITH A1 PROMOTIONS GROUP AND IT WILL CHANGE FOR EVENTS BY OR ASSOCIATED WITH A1 PROMOTIONS GROUP Thank You.

Old 01-05-2016, 09:30 PM
Stopit
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,027 Likes on 537 Posts

I don't know that not having a loud band is a drawback. Most all of the bike nights here have one , I see vary few people paying attention to the band , unless it's Fri night bike night. Bike nights people tend to BS with each other more so than band nights and trying to converse over a loud band gets annoying , acoustic or back ground tunes would suffice IMO.

Getting women to show up , no matter the event, is the key to success though.

Old 01-05-2016, 09:32 PM
Stopit
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,027 Likes on 537 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe_G
Here is how our local Used Bike Dealer gets a good crowd at their bike nite.

Here's there ad that I copied from their Facebook event page. Free BBQ and Free Beer tends to draw bikers.

FRIDAY JAN 8th BIKE NIGHT AT V-TWIN CITY AT 7:00pm. BAND & MORE INFO TO BE ANNOUNCED! FREE BBQ Buffet By Twisted Pig! FREE Cold Refreshments! Check Out The V-Twin City Motorcycle Stunt Riders, Tattoo Contest By Poppa Doc & Heather Stephens With HyperInk Studios. Prizes For Top 3 Best Tattoos. ALSO On Bike Night Visit The V-TWIN CITY Showroom & Check Out All The Bikes! PLUS All V-TWIN CITY Jewelry And Clothing 20% Off. Vendors, Raffles, Giveaways & More! VENDORS Please contact Freddy at A1 Promotions at (954) 548-8531 Or contact Jaron at V-TWIN CITY at (754) 307-3728 V-TWIN CITY'S Bike Night is on the 2nd Friday of every month! Brought to you by V-TWIN CITY and A1 Promotions Group & Friends RAIN OR SHINE!!! STOP BY FOR GREAT FOOD, MUSIC & FRIENDS & HAVE A COLD ONE ON US!!! V-TWIN CITY 1771 E Sunrise Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304 (754) 307-3728
To Visit A1 Promotions Website go to http://www.a1promotionsgroup.com/
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL EVERYTHING!
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A EVENT PAGE THAT WAS DESIGNED FOR EVENTS BY OR EVENTS ASSOCIATED WITH A1 PROMOTIONS GROUP AND IT WILL CHANGE FOR EVENTS BY OR ASSOCIATED WITH A1 PROMOTIONS GROUP Thank You.

V twin City bike night wheelie - YouTube
That would be nice right about now , I'm in the frozen north . ... . waiting to ride again

Old 01-08-2016, 09:13 AM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,060 Likes on 2,828 Posts

Originally Posted by glasspilot
Guys, if you copy what Quaker Steak & Lube does down in Clearwater (Their day is Wed) you can't go wrong. They do have live bands outside so apparently they don't have to worry about neighbor complaints. They have a huge parking lot and venders.

To the OP, is this place big enough they could put the band inside?
Man, I don't understand the success of that place. It's a rip-off. The last time I went was about 4 years ago - operative words being 'last time.' A Jack & coke with a thimble full of Jack was $6.75, $4 beers, the food prices were outrageous and it took forever to get it. The vendors were the usual cheap sunglasses, thin leather vests from Pakistan, $500 blinky LED light sets and $5.oo "biker" knives.

I guess it might be OK if you ate before you went, brought your own flask and didn't mind parking in sea of a thousand bikes that nobody is gonna look at but to me it's not worth the ride across the bridge. I'm just sayin'.

Old 01-08-2016, 10:50 AM
im
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 795 Likes on 606 Posts

A bike night that attracts individuals performing wheelies on a main city road is just asking for trouble.
Especially if it is a franchise.
When posted on social media it can create an increased demand for police presence and that can later lead to a shut down.
The news loves to dig for and display that information once an accident or situation occurs.
Most franchise business entities are pulling back quietly from that kind of attention due to liability concerns.
General non-riding public for the most part will group all motorcyclist into that example and unfortunately support targeted enforcement.
For a bike night :A quality product, consistently delivered at a fair price(not cheap but not expensive), while keeping a low profile and the spread by word of mouth might present for more longevity and success.

Quick Reply: Tips on starting a bike night