"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Learn Something New EVERY day!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 04:33 PM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 163 Likes on 112 Posts
Default Learn Something New EVERY day!

WTF is an electronic title? Well I'll tell you. I just made a phone call to Treasure Coast Harley, where I purchased my new bike 3 weeks ago. I was inquiring as to how long I would have to continue to wait to receive the title to my new bike. Turns out that "paper titles" are almost a thing of the past here in Florida. When my paperwork was processed with the state, an electronic title was issued. It is simply an electronic file with Florida DMV that states I own the vehicle. If the bike were to have been financed it would show a lean against the title until the loan was satisfied. I opted to have them send me out a printed copy of the title for a small additional fee of $4.50! I learn something new every day!

Old 06-01-2017, 04:53 PM
Ycbrewster
Road Captain
Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

They've been doing this for a while now with automobiles. But in the last two years, I have literally titled 6 bikes between me and my kids. Electronic option was not offered/available (I thought it weird that there wasn't an electronic option, since our vehicles were given an electronic option.) It doesn't surprise me they would start going this way with bikes as well, though. Soon, everything will be paperless.

Old 06-01-2017, 07:15 PM
Hey Man
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,004 Likes on 2,817 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffreydsilver
I opted to have them send me out a printed copy of the title for a small additional fee of $4.50! I learn something new every day!
Yeah, you learned that Florida is always coming up with new ways to squeeze more money out of the public.

Old 06-01-2017, 07:26 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Bought my Mazda a year and a half ago.....got paper title. How do you transfer an electronic title...? What if you trade your vehicle for
two goats and a bottle of Fireball? Who fills in what was traded/paid? You have to have proof? Just wondering.

Chuck