"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

The Thing.........

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 10:28 AM
cbrenthus
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,575 Likes on 663 Posts

Florida is the only state where I appear sane.

The following users liked this post:
Campy Roadie (08-01-2018)
Old 08-01-2018, 10:52 AM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,343 Likes on 10,704 Posts

Originally Posted by Raider Bill
When I first bought the RKC in 05 3 of us went to CK for a party and spent the night. I found the airport around 10pm deserted so doing what any good red blooded biker would do I got on the runway and did some high speed roll outs to see how my "new" bike would take some speed. The first 2 went well. 3rd one got a bit sporty when I found out CK has a Police Dept. Luckily I was able to get back to the party without any one on one time with LE. He pulled up to the party and asked if a black bike with a lot of blond passenger had just pulled in. Of course nobody said anything and being most of the bikes were black and a good half of the girls were bottle blondes it didn't go any further.
Later that night he came back around to chat about bikes. Cool Dude.

We ride up there a couple times a year for a fish sammy and some Tonys world class chowder.
NICE! Enjoyable read. Nvr heard of that chowder place tho..........hmmmm.

BuzzCap7

Originally Posted by cbrenthus
Florida is the only state where I appear sane.
Sane? Are others here allowed to weigh in on that matter? You know. I'm 'juss say'n.

BuzzCap7

Old 08-01-2018, 11:12 AM
cbrenthus
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,575 Likes on 663 Posts

Originally Posted by BuzzCap7
NICE! Enjoyable read. Nvr heard of that chowder place tho..........hmmmm.

BuzzCap7

Sane? Are others here allowed to weigh in on that matter? You know. I'm 'juss say'n.

BuzzCap7
Haha, no worries! And while I went to Cedar Key this time last year, and saw Tony's, I didn't eat there. Apparently its a small restaurant that markets their chowder at least nationally, if not globally. I'll probably try it if I go back.

Old 08-01-2018, 02:54 PM
BuzzCap7

Did u ever go to the Black Dog Table or sometrhing like that.

If u r standing FACING the Hourbor Suites place, it is to the left and underneath the Pelican Restaurant. Know what I meme mean. LOL

BuzzCap7

Old 08-01-2018, 03:37 PM
J F GO
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,346 Likes on 1,746 Posts

Originally Posted by BuzzCap7
Understood.

Are you aware there is an AIRPORT on Cedar Key? (I will let that sink in for a moment.)

I know what you are thinking, that place is not big enough to have an airport. LOL. I learned recently that just north of Cedar key there is an island or what looks like an island that is actually a fat peninsula and the only thing on it is an airport. LOL.

If you check it out and cannot find it, let me know and I will grab a picture of it for you if you want to check it out. Pretty cool.

Oh, on the way in to Cedar key there is a house on the left side that is a bit colorful and is called Kona Joe's I think it is. GREAT GREAT place for breakfst. You famillar with it. Eat out back in the usually dry riverbed kind of thingy.

BuzzCap7
Thanks for the info @ BuzzCap7. Was not aware of the airport. (Never seen any 747's coming and going, LOL) Also never heard of Kona Joe's. How far up SR26 is it ? You do realize that it is no coincidence that it is SR26 as in 26 miles long. That was lost on my brother and I for the first couple times we went there. We like to stop at a place just up the road from Crystal River Harley for lunch, the name escapes me, but it's north of the shop but on the south bound side of 19. (Now you know I've been there, Ha,Ha.)

Old 08-01-2018, 03:42 PM
Prof Rene
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,472 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by J F GO
Thanks for the info @ BuzzCap7. Was not aware of the airport. (Never seen any 747's coming and going, LOL) Also never heard of Kona Joe's. How far up SR26 is it ? You do realize that it is no coincidence that it is SR26 as in 26 miles long. That was lost on my brother and I for the first couple times we went there. We like to stop at a place just up the road from Crystal River Harley for lunch, the name escapes me, but it's north of the shop but on the south bound side of 19. (Now you know I've been there, Ha,Ha.)
North of the Saloon on 19?

Old 08-01-2018, 05:26 PM
BuzzCap7

Originally Posted by J F GO
Here is a google link.

It is not long after you get onto the island on your left side.

HERE is what it looks like outside. SEE the red arrow.

This is the address my friend.

Crystal River...............you mean Neon Leon? That is in Homosassas. Changed names a few years ago.

Are you serious about SR26 and its length? Maybe a coincidence?

BuzzCap7

The following users liked this post:
shorelasHD (08-02-2018)
Old 08-01-2018, 05:54 PM
J F GO
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,346 Likes on 1,746 Posts

Not sure of "north of the saloon on 19" Thanks for the info BuzzCap7. And yes,SR26 is 26 miles long. Right at the beginning of SR26, when you turn off US 19, it states "26 miles to Cedar Key". Sometimes you just can't see the forest through the trees, at least for me anyways.

Old 08-01-2018, 08:04 PM
MJ
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by cbrenthus
Haha, no worries! And while I went to Cedar Key this time last year, and saw Tony's, I didn't eat there. Apparently its a small restaurant that markets their chowder at least nationally, if not globally. I'll probably try it if I go back.
Tony's chowder can be bought in some Publix Grocery stores. Very good even out of the can. Just add water or milk depending on how rich that you want it.

Also Publix sells farm raised clams that are grown in Cedar Key. Go to the seafood section and looks for the cherrystone clams and ask the employee to show you the tag. I bought some today from the Publix in Lake Placid. Had them for a quick snack this afternoon. Support Florida Agriculture.

Old 08-02-2018, 08:18 AM
Nokkon Wud
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,497 Likes on 809 Posts

https://www.tonyschowder.com/

He wins international award all the time.
Funny how a podunk place in Florida beats out New England.

Quick Reply: The Thing.........