"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Defending Florida

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 08:15 AM
Nokkon Wud
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,497 Likes on 809 Posts

Can't wait till easter when they all go home.

Old 01-24-2019, 08:18 AM
SWFLGuy
Road Warrior
Received 1,211 Likes on 597 Posts

Originally Posted by Raider Bill
Can't wait till easter when they all go home.
Same here, It’s already starting to get stupid here. Drivers are getting more aggressive for sure. I about got clipped last night and we were the only 2 vehicles on a 4 lane road.
Straight *** holes.

Old 01-24-2019, 03:22 PM
LoneStarPete
Intermediate
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah lets get that guy, I can't believe someone would say it's boring to ride in Florida and rains all the time what a liar.

Old 01-27-2019, 08:39 PM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,341 Likes on 10,703 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
Have you met Dickey and his opinion of Michigan ??
unco lari u from michigan

but u musta got lost and wound up in the florida section

to post here you need florida approval, certification, classification, approval, app in triplicate, bonded and, and.........awe schucks, who can ever say no to unco lari.

u have free reigns to do anything u want

u can do no wrong. u da bestest! I bow to you

Old 02-02-2019, 06:20 AM
ISP-FLHTK
Road Captain
Received 114 Likes on 84 Posts

Went to see a buddy a couple days ago across town (Cape Coral). Coming back on Rt. 78 with moderate traffic that was moving pretty good for mid afternoon. A dude on his Harley (with a passenger) was in the right lane as I started to come past. He looked back at me and then just jumped right over into my lane! I had to get on the brake and let him in. "Rude" would have been an understatement!

I expected to see an out-of-state plate on his bike but it was a Florida tag just like mine. I watched as he cut a couple cars off. He set a prime example for us Florida bikers.

Old 02-02-2019, 08:52 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 799 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by ISP-FLHTK
...He set a prime example for us Florida bikers.
MY question is: Are you implying ALL Florida bikers are as rude as he was? I don't really think so and certainly hope not!

As the population of MC riders in Florida has to be proportionally much higher than many other states, I would have to figure the number of rude and inconsiderate MC riders is also higher, but they are really very far and few between in my experience. So, I can not see how he is a PRIME example of ALL (implied) Florida bikers but can understand why he makes us look bad in the eyes of those who don't know better. As they say "it only takes one rotten apple..."

I'm sure you were trying to say something different, but we must be carefull not to say something about our community that can be taken wrong by the large numbes of people that read these posts from all over the country/world.

Old 02-04-2019, 09:54 AM
Nokkon Wud
Grand HDF Member

I had one last Saturday evening blast past me in my lane. Never saw him until then. He did it to make a yellow light which I was stopping for or I'd have chased him down.
When I'm riding alone I feel my lane is all mine, line to line and don't expect anyone else to be there with me.

Old 02-04-2019, 10:46 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 799 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by Raider Bill
I had one last Saturday evening blast past me in my lane. Never saw him until then. He did it to make a yellow light which I was stopping for or I'd have chased him down.
When I'm riding alone I feel my lane is all mine, line to line and don't expect anyone else to be there with me.
Bummer and I agree with you totally.

However, your story leads me to a Newbe type question about riding protocall that will probably get a bunch of different answers, some of which will probably include some snide remarks.

When out riding alone and (1.) you approach another rider (if not planning to pass) do you fall in behind in a staggered formation or stay a much longer distant behind so as to not "bother" the other rider? and (2.) When a rider approches you from the rear what is your preference for him/her to do...fall into a staggered position or stay a ways back (again if he/she is not in a passing mode)?

I have found myself in both situations while traveling at or slightly above the speed limit and not wanting to speed excessively to pass or have to slow down to fall back. What do you all say?

Old 02-04-2019, 12:21 PM
SWFLGuy
Road Warrior
Received 1,211 Likes on 597 Posts

I will try to stagger if possible

The following users liked this post:
FrankEV (02-04-2019)
Old 02-04-2019, 12:46 PM
Nokkon Wud
Grand HDF Member

I generally move up so I know they see me then back down some. I would not ride staggered or close to anyone and even then I keep my distance.
On sort of the same line of thought. I never ride side by side with anyone.
Now at a light, if I'm pulling up and there's a bike stopped ahead of me I may pull up and say howdy but when the light changes I always let them go ahead unless they motion me to.
I'm not an aggressive rider, take my time, enjoy the ride.

The following 2 users liked this post by Nokkon Wud:
FrankEV (02-04-2019), Papa G (02-04-2019)

Quick Reply: Defending Florida