"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

offically a two bike family

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 08:25 PM
flslowryder
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got tired of looking at JD’s head (no not that one!!).. Needed my own bike.. Got the used one to start so if I did wreck at least it wasn’t new with a lot owed on it.. Loving Nirvana now… She’s a dream!! ( I know she’s not a harley, but sweet none the less!!)

Old 02-03-2011, 02:12 PM
Phlip96
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by rusty pompano
im nervous to... t
I didn't wanna add this part to the thread but now that it's opened up I'll have at it. I believe this is a natural feeling to have, I felt the same way when angie started riding her own scoot. Yes, I did miss her on the back of mine, I am no longer in control for her and depend on her skills (which she obviously needs to develop) I just keep an eye on her and other traffic and will give pointers when I see something could be improved. The important factor is to make it put nicely not like the jerk husband we are used to being I have seen a friend do this to his wife and she no longer rides with him or at all for that matter.

Old 02-03-2011, 02:14 PM
Phlip96
Outstanding HDF Member

btw rusty I'm doin super! I enter the vocational re-entry very soon. the state is paying for it because they want me back at work (to pay taxes I would assume) as well as paying for hearing aids THEN the driving..wtf?! but it is a restriction on my license to have corrective lens and hearing aids. Blah

Old 02-03-2011, 03:05 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Good on ya Rusty, they offer refresher training from Miti, and god forbid, the HOG skills team (they are pretty good at skills training and its free actually).

Phil knock that frikken school out and get back in the groove dude. Glad your doin well. Been wondering what they think you were like before, you need to let them know so they know when your back to your normal and let you "re enter" .

Old 02-03-2011, 04:29 PM
Big Gator
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flslowryder
I got tired of looking at JD’s head (no not that one!!).. Needed my own bike.. Got the used one to start so if I did wreck at least it wasn’t new with a lot owed on it.. Loving Nirvana now… She’s a dream!! ( I know she’s not a harley, but sweet none the less!!)
Can I come over this weekend and get a nice picture of you on Nirvana so you can change your SIG picture? Please

Old 02-03-2011, 06:32 PM
Chaz in TN
Road Captain

yes she did. I wanted her to get a dyna low or a fatboy low but she wanted to start out on this
Excellent.....wife started the exact same way. We were out looking for a bike and spotted a sporty on the side of the road. She will get used to being "tall in the saddle" but watch those sweeping right turns. Kristin had real trouble with those on that bike.

I wish you two the best of times......

Old 02-03-2011, 07:55 PM
tincup64
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im nervous to... and what kind of low rider did she get
its a 98 fxdl. shes stuck on forward controls but they are just a tad too long so trying floorboards. fits her well. it shakes like an evo and has loud pipes.... its a good harley for her. only thing is the carb is more thought for her when cold than the FI models, but this is what we could afford for now. its really a great bike.

tin

Old 02-03-2011, 08:17 PM
rusty pompano
Tourer

Originally Posted by tincup64
its a 98 fxdl. shes stuck on forward controls but they are just a tad too long so trying floorboards. fits her well. it shakes like an evo and has loud pipes.... its a good harley for her. only thing is the carb is more thought for her when cold than the FI models, but this is what we could afford for now. its really a great bike.

tin
she cant reach foward controls either.....going sat to have it lowered and put a crash bar on. so she can reachthe ground.. this one has carb also and the stage one set up with the screamin eagle pipes... but she likes it so it will do for now

Old 02-06-2011, 02:35 PM
rusty pompano
Tourer

well she has a 100 miles or so under her belt . and loves it so I guess theres no turning back now LOL

Old 02-06-2011, 04:32 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

well she has a 100 miles or so under her belt . and loves it so I guess theres no turning back now LOL
Glad to see it's working out Rusty.

Quick Reply: offically a two bike family