The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saw a REAL POSER today!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 01:55 AM
Mal74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Saw a REAL POSER today!

Most of us who ride know what a POSER is..... or at least have what we think is a POSER in our mind.

Today, I saw what I think anyone who rides would call a REAL POSER!

First, let me say I live in NE Georgia, about 60 miles NE of Atlanta. The NE Georgia mountains are some of the best places to ride in the South. Also, I live less than a half mile from US Hwy 129. North of me is the South end of 'The Dragon.' Lots of riders headed to 'The Dragon' pass within 1/2 mile of my house.

Also, Helen, GA., is 18 miles from my house. Helen is an 'Alpine Village Tourist Trap' type town, with a few 'watering holes' that caters to 'BIKERS.'

Ok, ya'll have the location. Now for the REAL POSER!

This morning, I had to make a short trip down the road to a store for a few things. As I rode into the parking lot, I noticed a very sharp looking 'OCC' or 'WCC' type bike next to a new Nissan SUV and an enclosed trailer. As I got off my bike, I heard a 'chirp.' When I looked, I saw the POSER putting his remote and keys in his pocket. I watched as he got on his bike, started it up, and rode off, giving me the 'Harley Wave' as he went by.

I just smiled and chuckled, thinking, WHAT A BIKER! After I made my purchases in the store, I decided to check out the Nissan SUV and trailer. I just about busted a gut laughing when I saw the guy was from Conyers, GA! Less than 65 miles from where he'd parked his SUV and trailer to start his 'BIKE RIDE.' $30,000 SUV, $3500 trailer, $30,000 bike! And he probably didn't ride over 50 miles on the bike. He probably rode about 20 miles to Helen, Ga., had a few beers, and on Monday morning will be telling his co-workers about his BIKER RIDE!

HELL! I've ridden farther than that just to START a ride!

Old 08-07-2006, 02:08 AM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,877 Likes on 1,415 Posts
Default RE: Saw a REAL POSER today!

Just keep in mind, especially if it is an OCC bike, that it can probably only do about 50 miles before it breaks down and he has to get it serviced!

Don't get me wrong, some bikes from OCC, and most from WCC are stunning pieces of machinery, they are meant to be looked at more than ridden! Hell, even Jesse James couldn't make it from LA to Sturgis w/o the bike he built for the event breaking down! (I can only imagine what his spine looks like after riding that rigid...but then he has Sandra Bullock to make him feel better!)

Old 08-07-2006, 02:11 AM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Everybody does their own thing. He's still riding, just not as much as others.

I have an alarm on my bike? I'm probably a poser though.

Don't look down on someone because of what or how they ride. They are riding.

Safe your hatred for those that try to pass laws making riding more difficult or less enjoyable.

[sm=biker2.gif]

Old 08-07-2006, 02:57 AM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Rhubarb

Everybody does their own thing. He's still riding, just not as much as others.

I have an alarm on my bike? I'm probably a poser though.

Don't look down on someone because of what or how they ride. They are riding.

Safe your hatred for those that try to pass laws making riding more difficult or less enjoyable.

[sm=biker2.gif]
I didnt hear any 'hatred' Just describing a poser, and that did. That guy is the poserest, poserizing, poser rub a dub dub in the entire world. His picture is in the dictionary to describe what a poser IS! I dont hate him, I just know a poser when I hear of one. And he is a poser.

Really,

he is.

Old 08-07-2006, 02:58 AM
The HalfBreed
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen folks with a wife and child/children who, for whatever reason towed their bike to their destination, because they could not fit 3,4 or 5 folks on a bike.

You don't know if this was one of those examples, but, that may be one of the reasons he towed it, and I've seen it many times.

If you wanted to ride in the Rocky Mts, and took your family but towed your bike, would you appreciate comments such as your own directed at you>?

Give the guy a break........at least he rides.

Old 08-07-2006, 03:05 AM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member

I am sure was just back from donating a kidney to a poor, needy, homeless, orphan, and wanted to take his bike on one last ride before he donated it to the red cross war widows auction which he was on his way to doing. When he stopped,

Old 08-07-2006, 03:34 AM
The HalfBreed
Road Master

Quite possibly, if you wanna make fun of folks. For the grace of god, that may be YOU one day. Hopefully not.

Old 08-07-2006, 03:42 AM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member

I'm NOT making fun of him, well maybe I am, (a little bit) but I'm just trying to be funny in an amusing, non-threating, cute and fuzzy, kinda way. Hell, I wish by the grace of God, it were me right now, sounds like he's a lot better off than I am.

See? funny? Huh?

Old 08-07-2006, 05:46 AM
tread
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: The HalfBreed

Quite possibly, if you wanna make fun of folks. For the grace of god, that may be YOU one day. Hopefully not.

Ok thats right you have a Honda Gold Wing and you know how he feels getting picked on.

Old 08-07-2006, 05:50 AM
stubby
Road Captain

Once your butt is on any saddle and you ride into traffic you are no longer a poser. Hey sporty; road a lot of years out of B'ham and got up to your part of the country some. It is a beautiful place. Looking forward to visiting again.

Quick Reply: Saw a REAL POSER today!