The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My experience-

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 09:09 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,211 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by Eddy G
So your saying unless a club is part of or recognized by the local CoC it's a BS club? ....,it could mean a lot of things..It could just mean the club is independent and doesn't follow the standards of outside influences. Whatever they may be.......And that's not a knock on the CoC or any of its affiliates by the way...It's just not the way everyone does things....I've always believed a "club" could remain independent as long as it's interests didn't interf with the interests of others...business, territory, personal, whatever...,,Be smart, mind your own business, and stay away from trouble and you'll be fine...What's wrong with that?
Not saying that at all. Am saying that clubs that try to go the totally independent route tend not to support other clubs in their endeavors, and in turn, are seldom supported by those other clubs. Sometimes that works out fine for everyone, but most times the lifespan isn't there. I've seen both sides of this equation from the inside, and know that it has worked and can work either way, but the outfits that short-circuit the "usual" process tend not to last, usually imploding, mostly quietly, but sometimes spectacularly.

Old 01-20-2015, 08:53 AM
Old Sorrel
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tree88
....... I rode to the address where he told me to meet them, figuring it would be easy to spot (MC and chapter in my mind would indicate a noticeable amount of motorcycles gathered in one place). So, after riding past the place twice, I pull in to find two bikes there, .....
This should have been the darkest of red flags my friend. Two motorcycles in the lot at Church time? And one of those is a metric?

Nope.

Old 01-20-2015, 06:36 PM
tree88
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default yep

Originally Posted by Old Sorrel
This should have been the darkest of red flags my friend. Two motorcycles in the lot at Church time? And one of those is a metric?

Nope.
But it was just another of those things I let get explained away. Hindsight is 20/20 I reckon

Old 01-27-2015, 02:12 AM
Stretchman
Stellar HDF Member

Received 208 Likes on 129 Posts

That's the whole thing right there. Any MC worth their salt would've explained the protocol long before anyone in the club had a cut. Not his fault that they were the way they were, or that they dropped the ball.

Everything that OP said about them makes me think they're the anti club. BTW, any club that has to use force to get their brothers to ride with them isn't really any kind of club. Any real club, and not only would members not miss runs for the world, but everyone else would want to ride with them. It's not the cloth that makes you a brother, but the brotherhood that makes the cloth what it is. I don't think those guys understand that.

Bros before Ho's.
Never rat another patch holder to anyone who isn't. Ever.
Never touch another man's scooter without permission.
Never touch a brother's old lady. Unless he says it's cool. Same goes for his girlfriend.
Always pay back what you owe with interest.
Never do anything to someone behind their back. Why do you have a club in the first place? You gotta say or do something? To his face. Mano a mano.
Never take revenge on someone's bike. Karma is a bitch, and will pay you back in spades.

It's everything those guys do wrong. And this isn't some magic secret formula. Man, it's simple common sense. Have a little class.