The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Poser's Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VII

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 07:56 AM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Posers!

Old 10-25-2016, 08:40 AM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,856 Likes on 1,287 Posts

Morning all, little chilly this morning so I wore my flannel lined jeans.

Old 10-25-2016, 08:57 AM
coastie56
Grand HDF Member

Received 399 Likes on 333 Posts

Good morning Mark! Flannel lined jeans are the bomb! I actually rarely plug in the electrics , but when I do I always wonder why I don't more often!

Old 10-25-2016, 11:30 AM
Imold
another old guy

Received 4,617 Likes on 2,727 Posts

Originally Posted by coastie56
Moldy I just backread to find your pics and I have to tell ya your daughter and Grandson would make a moonscape look beautiful. My kid is filming in St Louis for our company and I need to post a few pics of the GKids too. I also need to get a Ural!
Thanks Coastie, she's been the best part of my life by far.

If I could do it over again, I'd use the Ural money (and a bit more) to hang a sidecar on one of the Harleys. I really like the look of Liberty sidecars, but a Hannigan is probably the best from what I've read about them. Neither's cheap... and extras you'd want over the base price plus shipping could add another couple thou or more. I don't think a sidecar really replaces a two wheeler, but it does open up another world on wheels. But if you don't have kids or pets (that like riding, probably just dogs), you'd miss out on part of it. It's kinda neat to ride gravel, mud, snow, any kind of surface you get tense on with two wheels, just don't worry about it, like it's a jeep.

There's a downside, too. Forget arm stretching acceleration, fast corners, and decent gas mileage. With both windshields up, you can have trouble trying to get a Ural over 50 against a strong headwind. I don't get over 50 often, but if it was a decent highway cruiser (keep up with traffic at least), I'd take some better trips with the little guy.

Hey Al, something's different on the Uralbeast since I adjusted the valves. Before, it just steadily shook worse up to top speed, but now it has a sweet spot, a smoother run with a bit of power surge from 55-60. Cruises nice at 55 now. 60, too, but that's getting up there in rpm's, be like cruising a Harley at 100.

Old 10-25-2016, 11:35 AM
Imold
another old guy

Originally Posted by ultracan
No not quite. I just have to take a few days off until my brother comes home to help me carry the shower doors down to the basement. I have lots of stuff to fill my time with though.

Julia is doing good. She sure takes a lot of chances not doing what the doctor tells her though. I am worried that she will make the wrong movement and either damage it again having to go through it all over again or worse cause permanent damage!
Hope she moves slow at least, I learned the hard way when things get damaged, best to slow down so I can feel if I'm getting into pain or more damage. I Never bend over fast anymore, learned that after 2 or 3 times of ending up on my hands and knees and not being able to get up for a while. I never stretch with my arms over my head, either. That's probably something none of the posers over 55 should do anymore, stuff tearing in the shoulder ruins your day. And week. Month. Several months... Ask Ken...

Old 10-25-2016, 11:41 AM
Imold
another old guy

Originally Posted by Mark@ Baker Drivetrain
Morning all, little chilly this morning so I wore my flannel lined jeans.
I wore flannel lounge pants under my heavy cargo pants on the family ride a couple days ago, gets chilly in the low 50's. Just keeping the outer pants off skin makes a big difference.

Old 10-25-2016, 01:19 PM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Hey Moldie, I spoke to Hannigan up at Americade this year. They told me a rig for a Harley was about $7,000. Painted to match, wheel,windshield, electric camber adjustment and cover. labor extra. Seemed like a decent price, sure would beat spending almost $40k on a new trike.
My valves sound OK, but then I can't hear all that well and wear a 3/4 helmet. As the years go on, I learned the .."if it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Old 10-25-2016, 02:05 PM
Northern Glide
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,913 Likes on 2,812 Posts

Hey Al and Moldie.........
Do ya'll set your UrAl valves with an adjustable wrench?

Old 10-25-2016, 02:41 PM
gs34doc
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 895 Likes on 633 Posts

Sup Stan....Russ.....Nice ta see you guys in here.

Old 10-25-2016, 03:03 PM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Originally Posted by Northern Glide
Hey Al and Moldie.........
Do ya'll set your UrAl valves with an adjustable wrench?
Hey Stan...I dunno never did it, but I have a Russian left handed one for left cylinder and right handed Russian one for right cylinder, they came with the bike. Precision instruments for a precision machine!

Quick Reply: Poser's Coffee House, All Bullshit Accepted, Part VII