The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK- Thread Of All Knowledge- Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 07:05 AM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

In the spirit of hump day

Old 09-07-2016, 07:13 AM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Checking out for a bit, see you guys later.

Old 09-07-2016, 07:21 AM
Michelob96
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

OK, so I'll post a couple of my dumb-assed moves lately for your morning reading pleasure..(if you are so inclined, it's kinda long, I'm really dumb sometimes)

I am off on Fridays. No shuffle. I had a phone that was giving me trouble. If someone called, they got a fast busy the first time, call back and it would ring, but not on my end. If I got a text or e-mail, no sound or vibrate either. So, I was carrying it around and checking every few minutes to be sure I didn't miss someone. Got tired of that ****. So, Friday morning, off to Best Bought Elsewhere. Dude says, "they all do that, nothing we can do". Fine, buy a new $900 f***ing phone. Head over to Home of De Pot and pick up a couple of rib racks for the smoker. Smoking a pile of slabs and need the extra space. Go back home. Have a lot of domestic chores (woman's work) to do. Have company coming over Saturday and a couple of interviews scheduled for the weekend. Get back home, set my new $900 phone and keys on the table. Grab one of the rib racks, me and the hound step outside to make sure the new racks fit in the smoker. Woo hoo, they fit. Cool. So, head back in to get started with all my woman's work. GDI, locked myself out!! NP, I have one of those tricky *** doors that WILL do that if you are not very careful. Have a key stashed. Apparently it got used while I was on a 5 week journey this summer and not returned to it's little home. Well, it's 11 am. So, I walk down the street and wait on the nice purple haired lady at the end of the road to get home. She arrives about noon, I guess. The only other person with a key to my house is my daughter, who's number I don't know, because she is just a button on the phone like every one else these days. So, I borrow the nice purple haired lady's phone book and phone and call my daughters place of shuffle. Get her on the line and ask, "can you please come home and let me in"? She said, "sure, on the way"! Well, I have grass that needs mowing also on my list. I figure I can have half of it done before she gets home. I mow 3 acres and it takes about 2 and a half hours. I mow the WHOLE yard (with no beers mind you). Wait a little bit, then get out the weed whacker. Whack the weeds around the WHOLE yard (with no beers mind you). Take a dip in the pool to cool down (with no beers mind you), it's still in mid 90's here for another month or so. Get out, drip dry and wait a bit longer. Get out the hedge trimmers, trim ALL the hedges (with no beers mind you). Now I'm hungry, thirsty, sober and HOT. And yes, fell asleep on the back porch. She finally made it home at 6:30 pm. Wanted to know why I was asleep on the back porch. She claimed she never talked to me that day. She remembered the call and couldn't figure out who needed in the back door at shuffle, because no one was there when she went to open it. Didn't recognize her dad's voice and apparently did not hear the "home" part!!

Sometime over the weekend, I realize my new $900 f***ing phone is doing the same **** as the old one. So, yesterday, I reluctantly call customer service at the phone company. I HATE doing so, I always end up hanging up mad. But, for the first time ever, got a VERY nice and helpful young man, who spoke very clear English, on the line. I explained the problem on BOTH phones. He immediately chuckled and said, "turn off your Do Not Disturb button, it is on". GDI, he was right, fixed it right up. My dumb *** didn't even know I had one of those..
The ribs were very good.

Old 09-07-2016, 07:27 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 510 Likes on 448 Posts

Good Morning. Sometimes smart phones are to smart

Old 09-07-2016, 07:28 AM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,857 Likes on 1,288 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
Pretty hard to screw up a bar burger ... care to mention where ?
Bad River in St Charles, burger was fine but I think they soaked the bun in old french fry grease before serving it.Morning all.

The following users liked this post:
Uncle Larry (09-07-2016)
Old 09-07-2016, 07:28 AM
PapaThiele
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,707 Likes on 2,158 Posts

Wow, Baker...that was quite the weekend.

Old 09-07-2016, 07:29 AM
PapaThiele
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,707 Likes on 2,158 Posts

Mornin OG and Freaky Dan

Old 09-07-2016, 07:42 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 510 Likes on 448 Posts

Morning OG, Marky Dos

Old 09-07-2016, 07:51 AM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,857 Likes on 1,288 Posts

Morning Mark,Dan, Baker all I can say is at least you got some yard work done.You need an outdoor fridge.

Old 09-07-2016, 07:55 AM
zal
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,084 Likes on 1,601 Posts

Morning Woods!

Thats quite the day you had Baker! Gave me a good chuckle!

Quick Reply: TOAK- Thread Of All Knowledge- Part VI