Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   The General Motorcycle Forum (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-general-motorcycle-forum-116/)
-   -   How many with HD decal actually have one? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-general-motorcycle-forum/1450778-how-many-with-hd-decal-actually-have-one.html)

wagonmaster110 02-14-2024 07:10 PM

How many with HD decal actually have one?

I got to thinking. I wonder how many people who put a Harley decal on their vehicle actually own one. 5% maybe 10%.

Tim

ANIMAL03 02-14-2024 07:43 PM

I'd rather not advertise what I have or have not, for many reasons.
Political decal /key you car
NRA decal/ key your car or break in looking for pew pew.
musical group/ key your car
Harley decal follow you home and steal your shit.

I grew up in the Ghetto and that's how we all think ( well the good folks in McMahon square Dorchester MA, people are douchebags

Spartanden 02-14-2024 08:11 PM

No Harley decal, but got an Army and Chris Kyle American Sniper on back window.

Garry Sr 02-14-2024 10:53 PM

Speaking of the ghetto my nephew had his car stolen from his driveway last night. He had a newer Charger. Guess who didn't have full coverage.

downzero 02-14-2024 10:59 PM

It's funny you mention that, because the thought never really crossed my mind to put a Harley-Davidson sticker on my truck, and I have owned three and still own two.

Garry Sr 02-14-2024 11:05 PM

I don't do the sticker thing either

Cap77 02-15-2024 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by wagonmaster110 (Post 21567902)
I got to thinking. I wonder how many people who put a Harley decal on their vehicle actually own one. 5% maybe 10%.

Tim

you're thinking 10% don't own one?

no clue, never gave it much thought.
I just kind of presume if you're wearing Harley shirts/hats/jackets/garb or sticker your car, you own one :icon_shrug:

..L.T.A.

HarleyBob52 02-15-2024 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by ANIMAL03 (Post 21567943)
I'd rather not advertise what I have or have not, for many reasons.
Political decal /key you car
NRA decal/ key your car or break in looking for pew pew.
musical group/ key your car
Harley decal follow you home and steal your shit.

I grew up in the Ghetto and that's how we all think ( well the good folks in McMahon square Dorchester MA, people are douchebags

I haven't been followed home yet.. Have a Harley, NRA, and what's left of a Great Pyrenees decal on my truck.. :)https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hdf...3d64149d78.jpg

ANIMAL03 02-15-2024 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by HarleyBob52 (Post 21568255)
I haven't been followed home yet.. Have a Harley, NRA, and what's left of a Great Pyrenees decal on my truck.. :)https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hdf...3d64149d78.jpg

Looks like you live in the woods, one would have to be an idiot to go jack someone up out there.
I do not live in the woods I live in a shit hole 55+ cesspool and at least a dozen homes get hit here when the snowturds go home. where I grew up in Dorchester Mass your upstairs neighbor could have been the one stealing your shit.
Dads plymouth fury III had all the windows smashed out because of a Wallace for POTUS.
I could list a 100 more, but I digress

HarleyBob52 02-15-2024 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by ANIMAL03 (Post 21568276)
Looks like you live in the woods, one would have to be an idiot to go jack someone up out there.
I do not live in the woods I live in a shit hole 55+ cesspool and at least a dozen homes get hit here when the snowturds go home. where I grew up in Dorchester Mass your upstairs neighbor could have been the one stealing your shit.
Dads plymouth fury III had all the windows smashed out because of a Wallace for POTUS.

I here ya,,, I used to live in the city, not the best part of town either,, Wouldn't own any motorcycle if I still lived there...

Garry Sr 02-15-2024 07:34 AM

I had bikes in Detroit but they stayed indoors at night. Bikes were way to easy to steal.

Bubba Zanetti 02-15-2024 08:13 AM

When I first started out in my job I used to load trucks and we had about 50 or so guys who were regulars who picked up at out site a couple times a week.

This one guy would come in dressed from head to toe in HD stuff. Hat, T shirt, leather vest, boots, wallet chain. His truck had HD stickers plastered all over it. He was a walking HD billboard.
One day I was in the truckers waiting area having a coffee and he was waiting for his paperwork so I asked him what he rides. He says " Oh I dont have a motorcycle, I just like the biker look."

Rob Harper 02-15-2024 04:36 PM

My wife has a HD sticker on the back window of her car, and wears HD shirts. Technically she doesn't own a Harley because they are all in my name. She has her MC endorsement and rides the Sportster often, so she gets a pass. ;) She has a twin sister that rides a Harley too.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hdf...c02b8694fe.jpg

smitty901 02-15-2024 04:47 PM

No HD stickers on my cars, no Ford stickers on my HD. And dam sure no I don't dial 911 on any of them.

tar_snake 02-16-2024 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by ANIMAL03 (Post 21568276)

Scum Diego where I lived off bass, was the same. It was a 'neighbor' who lived only two small apartments away from me in the 6 building setup. I found out and, well, a friend from my ship came to give me a hand in 'discussing' with him what he had done with all the stuff he'd stolen. Anyone remember those motorcycle chain belts? My buddy had one. It's like three or four links wide and is one heavy and damn near unbreakable pant belt. This came into the 'discussion' because, oh, I guess it was 'shiny'...heh heh heh. After about ten minutes 'discussing' with this guy and that neat belt, he told all and we went and got my shit back. I moved out the next day back onto the ship, it just wasn't worth all the hassle living off base for a single guy.

Bubba Zanetti 02-16-2024 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by tar_snake (Post 21569667)
Scum Diego where I lived off bass, was the same. It was a 'neighbor' who lived only two small apartments away from me in the 6 building setup. I found out and, well, a friend from my ship came to give me a hand in 'discussing' with him what he had done with all the stuff he'd stolen. Anyone remember those motorcycle chain belts? My buddy had one. It's like three or four links wide and is one heavy and damn near unbreakable pant belt. This came into the 'discussion' because, oh, I guess it was 'shiny'...heh heh heh. After about ten minutes 'discussing' with this guy and that neat belt, he told all and we went and got my shit back. I moved out the next day back onto the ship, it just wasn't worth all the hassle living off base for a single guy.

I used to wear one of those belts you're talking about. I can understand how one could drive a conversation like that.

Uncle Larry 02-17-2024 11:23 AM

Betcha Rounders has one ?

hardheaded 02-20-2024 12:05 PM

No stickers on my trucks or cars. One of my trucks has my Union sticker on it. Been on their for years.
I think if you were sporting a Trump sticker around here you would get shot at. To close to the hood for it. What a shame you can not show support for anything any longer.

Crazy 02-21-2024 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry (Post 21571190)
Betcha Rounders has one ?

Nice. Or maybe Garry Sr?

I've only put one Harley decal on a vehicle. And yes, it's evident that I own a Harley Davidson motorcycle:

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hdf...3eee49764.jpeg

One night on a motorcycle trip we were sitting around the campfire enjoying corn liquor and coming up with some happy horseshit. A buddy of mine came up with a "rule" that if you're ever stuck in traffic on your bike and you saw someone up ahead with a Harley sticker on their car or truck, you should be allowed to lane split forward and they would have to let them you cut in front of them. If the vehicle with the Harley sticker was Japanese, they'd have to give you a dollar as you went by. Like I said, happy horseshit.:D

Bubba Zanetti 02-21-2024 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Crazy (Post 21576252)
Nice. Or maybe Garry Sr?

I've only put one Harley decal on a vehicle. And yes, it's evident that I own a Harley Davidson motorcycle:

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hdf...3eee49764.jpeg

One night on a motorcycle trip we were sitting around the campfire enjoying corn liquor and coming up with some happy horseshit. A buddy of mine came up with a "rule" that if you're ever stuck in traffic on your bike and you saw someone up ahead with a Harley sticker on their car or truck, you should be allowed to lane split forward and they would have to let them you cut in front of them. If the vehicle with the Harley sticker was Japanese, they'd have to give you a dollar as you went by. Like I said, happy horseshit.:D

Sound logic though.

Bullwinkle58 02-23-2024 08:41 AM

I think more people buy the decal and buy the Harley, but don't ride it.

tar_snake 02-23-2024 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Bullwinkle58 (Post 21579264)
I think more people buy the decal and buy the Harley, but don't ride it.

My thoughts exactly. It's a toy for the majority, is my belief. Just go take a look in threads of 'pics of my/your bike' types and all you'll see (for the most part) is bikes that see only perfect weather. Hell, there's way too many that buy nice *old* bikes (think Evo and older) that are already in good condition because the owner only put 3000 miles on it in 30 years, or whatever. It's friggin' sad, actually. I pity those kind of people.

Uncle Larry 02-23-2024 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by tar_snake (Post 21579798)
My thoughts exactly. It's a toy for the majority, is my belief. Just go take a look in threads of 'pics of my/your bike' types and all you'll see (for the most part) is bikes that see only perfect weather. Hell, there's way too many that buy nice *old* bikes (think Evo and older) that are already in good condition because the owner only put 3000 miles on it in 30 years, or whatever. It's friggin' sad, actually. I pity those kind of people.

I bought my 1992 FLHTCU with 800 miles on the clock ... It was three years old

ANIMAL03 02-24-2024 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry (Post 21580175)

I worked with a guy that bought an 2003 anniversary and had Paramount HD deliver it to his house in the shipping crate, He was going to keep it that way for 20 years and sell it for 5 X what he paid :icon_laugh:.
When I moved down here to Florida in 2015 it was still in the back of his garage in the shipping crate , well the pallet and that wrap they use to ship.
I can't fathom spending close to 30K and letting something sit for 12 plus years.:icon_doh:

Bubba Zanetti 02-24-2024 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by ANIMAL03 (Post 21580374)
I worked with a guy that bought an 2003 anniversary and had Paramount HD deliver it to his house in the shipping crate, He was going to keep it that way for 20 years and sell it for 5 X what he paid :icon_laugh:.
When I moved down here to Florida in 2015 it was still in the back of his garage in the shipping crate , well the pallet and that wrap they use to ship.
I can't fathom spending close to 30K and letting something sit for 12 plus years.:icon_doh:

Yeah but it’s a rare collectible.

Crazy 02-24-2024 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry (Post 21580175)

Yeah, I like the garage queen people. I bought my three year old '07 with 1,750 miles on it, and my four year old '12 with 4,000 miles on it.

TnFatboy 02-25-2024 01:26 PM

Does this work the other way too ? I have a Mazda Miata sticker on my Vespa…does that mean someone is gonna follow me home and mug me and take my Miata ? Or is the Vespa more valuable to street hoodlums ? I have a get back whip on it so I think I’m safe (plus a rape whistle).

hd4evr2008 03-01-2024 07:48 AM

I don't have decals on my vehicles, but I used to have a shirt that said "I own a Harley, not just a t-shirt!". 😄

85RoadsterXLS 03-18-2024 07:22 PM

I hate thieves and would never!. That being said, If I wanted to steal a Harley I sure would not just start following someone just because they had a sticker on their vehicle. First, do they even own one. Second, are they coming from home or to home. Who knows how long before you reach their house. Third, even if they do own one and were on their way home it might be a piece of shit you would not even want. Fourth, If I am looking to steal one I am going to see the one I like and go after that one.
As far as a sticker or t-shirts or anything like that is advertisement for sure, but you are advertising without them every time you ride. In all the years I have ridden I have only bought one sign and do have a window sticker. All the T-shirts and other items I own are gifts for Fathers Day, Birthdays, Christmas. Family knows I love to ride and I am easy to buy for. I do love my Harley and don't mind advertising. This is all just my opinion and views of course, just as everyone has their tastes for how they style their rides.

sharpshooter 03-19-2024 11:54 AM

I have a Harley license plate frame.. Does that count? lol.. Im the kinda person who thinks that if you dont own it.. Dont act like you do.. Meaning no bike. No sticker.. I even have went as far as not wearing my many HD t-shirts because I was in the middle of not owning a bike.. Technically my GF doesnt own a bike.. But that doesnt stop her from wearing my old tshirts.... But she likes to ride, so I giver her a pass!

Ultra103 03-19-2024 03:34 PM

Do the soccer mom SUVs with the Taylor Swift stickers have to own Taylor Swift?

sbrmike 03-20-2024 04:53 PM

I will skew the results a bit. I have two Harleys and no decal.

old mago 03-21-2024 02:13 AM

no sticker and no T-Shirt either

Muskrat21 03-21-2024 03:16 AM

G'day Fellas.
I got 1 sticker on the back of the ute, right next to the BSA sticker. No HD shirts or any bull shite.
Cheers

Orng48 03-23-2024 08:40 AM

Buncha ol' men yellin' at the clouds in here... :icon_biggrin:

Cap77 03-23-2024 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Orng48 (Post 21617669)

curmudgeon syndrome is legion here ;)

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hdf...dfa59189e2.png

.L.T.A.

smitty901 03-25-2024 12:02 PM

Heck in Milwaukee no bumper sticker required .
White jeep shoots 4 or 5 times at Black Subaru . No bumper sticks but most likely a racial thing .
Happens every night in Milwaukee.

ANIMAL03 03-28-2024 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by Orng48 (Post 21617669)

Hey I resemble that remark :D

junkyardscrounger 03-30-2024 08:59 PM

One Harley and no decals.

Geoff 04-01-2024 09:47 AM

I rarely see HD decals anymore. Seems to have declined along with interest in bikes.