The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quamba un official herstory as roumered

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 03:08 PM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by scoteh
Another chuckleheaded grammar copper, Gumby! I say we let the welder and his dog have at him!
Mark and Sarge moved owt !!!!!! He moved to Braham, jus' down the road. Livin' with his Mom, to help them BOTH out, at least thru the winter months. Her 'housemate' (another elderly lady) passed away, and guess she needs the $$ help to make it thru. And there was NO work, for Mark, so he closed up shop.

As far as the above post, "Pffft"

Old 10-23-2009, 03:48 PM
Greenfed
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't get all mad scotel! I was just mess'n with Gump! No harm intended, just joking, so settle down before you give yourself an ulcer... I'm sure Gump is not that sensitive!

Old 10-23-2009, 04:10 PM
ranger56528
Extreme HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thinkin about it...Quamba Main street was a little scarry drivin down.and then its a dead end and ya have ta drive back down it ta get out of town,thank heavin the guys and I nu the mayor heeheehee...By the way do all residents stick long round pipes out thier doors when strangers drive in ? hahaha.

Old 10-23-2009, 04:17 PM
thumper05
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

iz all goot gumby, no harm to yer feelunz i hopz . jest a lil razzin to ya there in quamba .

Old 10-23-2009, 07:43 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Greenfed
Don't get all mad scotel! I was just mess'n with Gump! No harm intended, just joking, so settle down before you give yourself an ulcer... I'm sure Gump is not that sensitive!
No maddness here. I'm just a self-avowed grammar cop hunter. I believe you got hotter than me! But, like Gumby said, "Pffft!"

Old 10-23-2009, 07:44 PM
scoteh
Club Member

Originally Posted by Da Gumpmeister
Mark and Sarge moved owt !!!!!! He moved to Braham, jus' down the road. Livin' with his Mom, to help them BOTH out, at least thru the winter months. Her 'housemate' (another elderly lady) passed away, and guess she needs the $$ help to make it thru. And there was NO work, for Mark, so he closed up shop.

As far as the above post, "Pffft"
Real sorry to hear that Mark had to close his shop. He said it was coming though. You see him, tell him, "Hey!"

Old 10-25-2009, 08:30 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by ranger56528
Thinkin about it...Quamba Main street was a little scarry drivin down.and then its a dead end and ya have ta drive back down it ta get out of town,thank heavin the guys and I nu the mayor heeheehee...By the way do all residents stick long round pipes out thier doors when strangers drive in ? hahaha.

LUCKILEE, I got the werd out B4 yu gize arrived. Otherwise, Dorothy MAY have thrown the "STOP stix" out on Main St. AND I am gittin' tarrd o' changin' tars.

As to the pipes, MOST o' the gize that ride in, ride FATBOYS. Keeps the pipes outta da spokes.

Heerz a link to the "Real" Quamba. BUT it's the LAST paragraph, that sez it ALL !!!!!!

http://www.knowledgerush.com/kr/ency...ba,_Minnesota/

Demographics

As of the census of 2000, there are 98 people, 33 households, and 26 families residing in the city. The population density is 51.8/km² (133.6/mi²). There are 38 housing units at an average density of 20.1/km² (51.8/mi²). The racial makeup of the city is 97.96% White, 0.00% African American, 0.00% Native American, 0.00% Asian, 0.00% Pacific Islander, 0.00% from other races, and 2.04% from two or more races. 0.00% of the population are Hispanic or Latino of any race.

There are 33 households out of which 33.3% have children under the age of 18 living with them, 51.5% are married couples living together, 15.2% have a female householder with no husband present, and 21.2% are non-families. 18.2% of all households are made up of individuals and 6.1% have someone living alone who is 65 years of age or older. The average household size is 2.97 and the average family size is 3.31.

In the city the population is spread out with 34.7% under the age of 18, 6.1% from 18 to 24, 29.6% from 25 to 44, 19.4% from 45 to 64, and 10.2% who are 65 years of age or older. The median age is 31 years. For every 100 females there are 81.5 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there are 93.9 males.

The median income for a household in the city is $38,125, and the median income for a family is $32,188. Males have a median income of $47,813 versus $28,000 for females. The per capita income for the city is $15,923. 7.4% of the population and 8.0% of families are below the poverty line. Out of the total people living in poverty, 0.0% are under the age of 18 and 0.0% are 65 or older.

Quamba is home to a dreaded Mafia, that has taken over many locals. The sign of this mafia is Q.M. and called the Quamba Mafia. The Mafia uses the numbers 17 and 13. 17th letter of alphabet Q and of course the 13th is lucky M. Quamba is a near ghost town off the Eastside of Mora and that is were you get the underground slang of Eastside. On many days of the year in the Quamba area you can hear the distance call of a drunk mafia man, the sound is like this...... eeerrrrrrpp!!! , now you try......EEEErrrrrrp, really loud.

Quamba means Mudhole.

IF you think this was "doctored", click on the link or punch Quamba Mafia, into GOOGLE.

The "new" QM is actually a paintball group, of which, my #2, is one of. BUT my neighbor was one of the "original" QM.

Last edited by Da Gumpmeister; 10-25-2009 at 08:40 AM.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:49 AM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 20,977 Likes on 8,276 Posts

Sounds like a rough place!!

Old 10-25-2009, 09:18 AM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member

Youth Recreation: Quamba's Only "Corporation"

Although Quamba is quite small in both size and population, the townsfolk are not strangers to the capers of youth. In particular, kids from Quamba and the surrounding area are known to associate themselves with a loose-knit group called the Quamba Mafia, whose members have been making life in the village more "interesting" since at least the late 1970s.

Despite the sinister-sounding name, most of the Mafia's activities are limited to half-baked pranks involving water balloons and paint-ball markers, and the tagging of road signs and other objects with the Mafia's signature "Q.M." design.

The Mafia's self-proclaimed members often refer to Quamba as "the eastside of Mora" or "the ghetto of Mora", given its location to the east of the county seat and the comparatively higher concentration of poverty-stricken households within its borders.

A particularly creative group of hooligans brought the spirit of the Mafia into cyberspace in 2004 with the launch of FATcorp, a website dedicated to the (often fictitious) capers of a few young Quambians who aim to raise hell in Kanabec County while pushing their pro-obesity agenda. The articles on FATcorp tell tales ranging from excerpts on experimenting with slugs in the village's soft-drink vending machine, to long-winded accounts of Mafia members taking out their aggression or boredom on residents, buildings, fixtures, and sometimes even one another.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:39 PM
scoteh
Club Member

I guess the next time we come we're gonna have to bring some 'real' bikers along! haha