The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holiday Message From The Farm

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 11:13 AM
Roosterboots
"Utopian Overlord"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Holiday Message From The Farm

Email sent by Miz Roo to family and friends. Enjoy and plagiarize at your own risk.
==================

Howdy!

We just got ourselves a new Delshiba laptop at Walmart and it came with a great new greeting card program. The programmer (Dalchiv Malvik...prob'ly a yankee) wrote a great "How To" that was real easy to follow. So we shut down the virus checker and fired that sucker up, and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

We are well. How are you? Life on the farm goes on. Roo got himself a new hip recently. It's all bright and shiny, but the doc stuck it where it'll never see daylight so I'm kinda wonderin' why we had to pay extra for the chrome plate.

Now Roo's dragging himself around the house looking for the other crutch and the noise is just too much. Most of the cats are hiding. Deer hunting is gonna be touch and go this year. We seen a buck in the front yard 'bout a week before the season opened, but Shorty (the deputy sheriff) drove by and scared me before I could get off a shot.

Happily, I found that a spring garden can keep on putting food on the table right on through the cold months, if you put out enough traps. Make sure they're spaced evenly, make sure they're big enough, and don't be too picky about whether the main course is on some government list.

It's probably also a good idea to check the spring garden traps every so often. You never know what has gnawed its way loose and is looking for payback. Roo can tell you from personal experience how dangerous it is to follow wounded game into the brush. Even without half his claws, that dang banty was a handful!

This year I bought the holiday turkey from Popeye's Cajun Fried Chicken. It comes already deep fat fried, so all I had to do was to keep it safe from predators while it thawed out. 'Cause of the dogs, that pretty much ruled out the kitchen, but we got several other rooms that have doors what close good and I put it somewhere in one of them. Just gotta remember which one it's in. Oh, well...if I forget, we can always locate it in time for Christmas!

Roo and me sat up 'til last night watchin' satellite TV and talking about Thanksgiving. It seems that everybody is counting or making a list of their blessings. You know...like (1) we got family and (2) we got friends and (3) we got food. Stuff like that. So we got out some paper and a pen and commenced to counting out our own blessings, too. We got 23 of 'em.

Hope yer tables are full. Hope yer bellies are full. Hope yer hearts are full.

Old 11-26-2009, 11:27 AM
rodnock
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW! Happy Thanksgiving Mrs. Roo. You too Mr. Roo

Old 11-26-2009, 01:14 PM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems like Miz Roo has the gift of writing too. You guys have a good one.

Old 11-26-2009, 07:56 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,117 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Thanks. That was good.