The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dumb/Stupid things U've done to your bike or while riding.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 10:59 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 816 Likes on 802 Posts
Default Dumb/Stupid things U've done to your bike or while riding.

Chit, were snowed in anyway, so thought we'd have some fun with this one..

Not referring to just Wrecks. Just something U did and after it happened U said to Yourself, "Man" ,,, (That was dumb/stupid).!!!
Thought this might help others to keep from doing the same..Or in some cases maybe incourage them..

Old 02-10-2010, 12:39 AM
Evil Stepdad
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sitting at a light, waved at another bike going by. With my left hand. The one that was holding in the clutch.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:42 AM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Evil Stepdad
Sitting at a light, waved at another bike going by. With my left hand. The one that was holding in the clutch.
I have not done that, but by God I can see myself doing just that.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:48 AM
brutalbrad
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

making a right turn and when I went to hit my turn signal I hit the kill switch also.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:52 AM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

melted part of my pant leg on to my pipe.

got home and sat in the driveway with the easy off, spraying the **** out of the pipe.

walked away to grab a rag, came back, and my entire engine case, tranny case, and the bottom of my battery cover, and some of my swingarm was COMPLETELY white from easy off overspray.

4 hours and about a bottle and a half of wax later and it was all off but motherf*cker was i pissed

Old 02-10-2010, 01:07 AM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Told a nice girl that the rear seat was very uncomfortable once, should have taken her for the rest of the evening/morning... The rear seat was literally a PITA (LePera king cobra -no biker gel- less than 1" thick)... but she offered to ride with me just for kicks... should have... lesson learnt.

Mimo.

Old 02-10-2010, 01:30 AM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Dumb/stupid things while riding? Not me. No never. Not in 43 years of being on two wheels. No never. Yeah, that's the ticket. Not me.

Old 02-10-2010, 02:53 AM
gunslinger14647
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didn't wait for the storm runoff to clear away. I live in the the SoCal high desert. We had a series oof storms, which produced a lot of sand and dirt runoff. When it dries, it matches the color of the road in certain pockets. Well, the wife called from a party, said she was the only wife without a her husband. I caved, but figured I may as well ride, since it was cold and clear and I hadn't been able to ride for at least 7 days. I took a corner at maybe 20, never seeing the sand deposit, and dumped my 2010 limited. Even with the short slide, I remember thinkingl "NOT my Harley!!" Well, Dislocated the shoulder, messed up an ankle, but only farkled up the engine guard. Less than two hundred bucks and she's good as new! Cheaper than what I'll have to pay to fix ME! I guess I'll wait a while after the next rain storms, huh?

Old 02-10-2010, 03:04 AM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

Done loads of questionable things over the years while static but while riding? I've usually got my head outta my *** by then.

Old 02-10-2010, 05:33 AM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

forgot to check how tight my base nuts on my rear cylinder where before leaving one afternoon in october 15 yards out my driveway BOOM little bits and peices of my cylinder is hiting me in the leg. another stupid i did with my bike was buy one that didnt have en electric start, still got the gouge scar in my shin from the first ratchet slip

Quick Reply: Dumb/Stupid things U've done to your bike or while riding.