The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are Spurs Appropriate Riding Gear?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 07:18 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Considering this is rawhide's hangs out, it explains why he owns the clothes and wants to wear spurs. It also explains why he is proud to screw with ****.
http://www.rawhide2010.com/
Originally Posted by RAWHIDE07
The recent upturn in the economy caused by the Stimulus Plan has resulted in myself being promoted from Head Sanitation Technician to full time Head Delivery Driver,I'll soon be able to afford my first hog.I already have all the apparel so I'm prepared for the big day!Anyway I asked my boss if it would be ok if I wore my biker gear while on the job since I'm no longer in the cleaning pit.He said "I don't give a damn what you wear as long as those ******** get delivered to the jobsite on time"(he's a crude man).So the first day I showed up for my new position dressed head to toe in HD branded boots,jeans,t-shirt,vest,head scarf,fingerless gloves and of course my chaps he looked at me and said "Where's the spurs?".Does he know something that I don't about proper riding gear?Should I be wearing spurs?Thanks in advance for your help on this issue.

Old 10-10-2010, 07:27 PM
frenchman
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Do not trifle with me sir!I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are joking.FYI,I'm 5'4" tall and weigh 120lbs. but I'm fast and wiry!When I asked my Sensei at the dojo where I practise my martial arts if I could start sparring with the other students he answered "No,I don't believe my insurance will cover allowing you to spar with the others". Clearly he was afraid that I may injure someone and he would be liable for a personal injury lawsuit.Let this serve as a word to the wise and we will speak no further unkind words to each other!

Respect, Sir, you are one tough guy. Chaps AND martial arts? Hard to beat. I'm sure you also get the hot chicks, like Nancy P. or Hilary C. You are my hero, Rawhide.

Old 10-10-2010, 07:32 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Old 10-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Artlee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife bought me some spurs many years ago. I tried using them to shift when I had my feet on the highway pegs ( I had mid controls ). It didn't work for **** and I told her that. She said "I didn't buy them for you to use on the bike dumazz". Well go figure. Anyway, congrats Rawhide. Stinky side up dude.

Last edited by Artlee; 10-10-2010 at 07:53 PM.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:54 PM
RKDavid
Tourer
Received 102 Likes on 23 Posts

You could always put the spurs on when you get to work. Make sure you get the the kind that go "klink-klink" when you walk.

Old 10-10-2010, 09:38 PM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I aint never saw no bike yet that needed a good spurring to get it moving, but that dont mean its not needed.

Old 10-10-2010, 09:39 PM
whiskeyrider
Stellar HDF Member
Received 324 Likes on 149 Posts

The recent upturn in the economy caused by the Stimulus Plan has resulted in myself being promoted from Head Sanitation Technician to full time Head Delivery Driver,I'll soon be able to afford my first hog.I already have all the apparel so I'm prepared for the big day!Anyway I asked my boss if it would be ok if I wore my biker gear while on the job since I'm no longer in the cleaning pit.He said "I don't give a damn what you wear as long as those ******** get delivered to the jobsite on time"(he's a crude man).So the first day I showed up for my new position dressed head to toe in HD branded boots,jeans,t-shirt,vest,head scarf,fingerless gloves and of course my chaps he looked at me and said "Where's the spurs?".Does he know something that I don't about proper riding gear?Should I be wearing spurs?Thanks in advance for your help on this issue.
Damn it Rawhide, don't you know the bad guy's only wear one spur while on the bike,WR.

Old 10-10-2010, 10:41 PM
not_so_newb
Elite HDF Member
Received 822 Likes on 478 Posts

Do not trifle with me sir!I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you are joking.FYI,I'm 5'4" tall and weigh 120lbs. but I'm fast and wiry!When I asked my Sensei at the dojo where I practise my martial arts if I could start sparring with the other students he answered "No,I don't believe my insurance will cover allowing you to spar with the others". Clearly he was afraid that I may injure someone and he would be liable for a personal injury lawsuit.Let this serve as a word to the wise and we will speak no further unkind words to each other!
ask him if he'll let you spar with the 12 year olds . should be a fair fight

Old 10-11-2010, 07:32 AM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 37,932 Likes on 13,038 Posts

Originally Posted by frenchman
Respect, Sir, you are one tough guy. Chaps AND martial arts? Hard to beat. I'm sure you also get the hot chicks, like Nancy P. or Hilary C. You are my hero, Rawhide.
Thank you Frenchman,thank you very much!Yes it's true hot chicks are attracted to moi,when I drop off a load of portable toilets many times there are female construction workers on site who are thrilled to see a man such as myself and I have the phone numbers to prove it!

Old 10-11-2010, 09:28 AM
steelpony5555
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Felt it was appropriate.

Quick Reply: Are Spurs Appropriate Riding Gear?